Independence @ Millington

donathan5507

JC im down on our way there we can stop and get some BBQ i think don knows of a good place.

Not sure on how early you're coming into Memphis, but Corky's and Rendevous are 2 of the best BBQ you'll find! I hope you enjoy the trip!

I think the game will be fine too. The Millington fans are posting on Friday night after seeing their team step up in a big way vs WS. Lots of emotion coming from that. They do deserve to feel very positive about their team. However, I can totally understand IHS feeling the same way about their team. You've apparently gat a team that needed some time this season to get things going in the right direction, and it looks like you've done so. The way you responded to Franklin blowing you out early on demonstrates the progress. And since few people can actually attend a cross state high school game, it's pretty tough to determine who's best. There just isn't a credible way to compare the accomplishments of the teams relative to each other. I guess that's why they play the game.

Millington is a tough opponent. Their defense is good. WS was able to move the ball, but when we made a mistake, Millington took advantage of it, by recovering the fumble, getting the INT, and once their offense took the field, we had no answer for the speed once their backs got to the outside and turned it up field. If we got ahold of them around the line of scrimmage, before they got going, we were successful. If they got past that, it was a sprint that their backs won. If you control that element of the game, you can compete. (Doesn't mean you will win, but you can compete)

Best of luck to you both, and I'll be pulling for Millington to bring the state title to this side of the state.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is possible for any team to beat any team on any given tonight.Im a former Millington football palyer I played with 2 guys that went pro.We have a heck of team this year we look really good.Indy you gonna need some luck so start praying today goto church and pray your hearts out because your gonna need a miracle to beat those TROJANS ha ha ha

Not sure on how early you're coming into Memphis, but Corky's and Rendevous are 2 of the best BBQ you'll find! I hope you enjoy the trip!

I think the game will be fine too. The Millington fans are posting on Friday night after seeing their team step up in a big way vs WS. Lots of emotion coming from that. They do deserve to feel very positive about their team. However, I can totally understand IHS feeling the same way about their team. You've apparently gat a team that needed some time this season to get things going in the right direction, and it looks like you've done so. The way you responded to Franklin blowing you out early on demonstrates the progress. And since few people can actually attend a cross state high school game, it's pretty tough to determine who's best. There just isn't a credible way to compare the accomplishments of the teams relative to each other. I guess that's why they play the game.

Millington is a tough opponent. Their defense is good. WS was able to move the ball, but when we made a mistake, Millington took advantage of it, by recovering the fumble, getting the INT, and once their offense took the field, we had no answer for the speed once their backs got to the outside and turned it up field. If we got ahold of them around the line of scrimmage, before they got going, we were successful. If they got past that, it was a sprint that their backs won. If you control that element of the game, you can compete. (Doesn't mean you will win, but you can compete)

Best of luck to you both, and I'll be pulling for Millington to bring the state title to this side of the state.

Again....You do not get to the FINAL FOUR of the State Finals without being a Tremendous Football team!! This "Lil Ole Indy" mind set is getting way old already. Give it a rest, please!!

If you want to talk football, let's do that... But, Please don't post anymore of this "Hoosiers" nonsense. I want to know real reasons why your football can win the game friday night. Because at the end of the day that's when and where the game is played. Without actual on the field accomplishments, this team of "DESTINY" stuff doesn't hold much water.... Oh yeah, by the way this "God is on our Side" stuff is ridiculous as well.... Do you really think that God isn't on Millington's side also??

Not knowing much, if anything, about Indepence...... What are your teams strengths??......Weaknesses?.... Most improvement over the course of the year??..... If there is one player you could mention, Who is it and why?

Im guessing so. I just remember in the last weeks hearing so much about the "great" running back of franklin and how they were going to run all over us and it obviously didnt happen. Im not putting millington down, just pointing that out like I said.

It is really nothing to compare this backfield to in the state because there are no other grouping of backs like them anywhere in the State. I wanted to touch on the story of what Indy has been through and how they are started together. I saw this group of Millington seniors come into our Junior High program as 6th and 7th graders and said they are going to be special they have had all the adversity, to platerys quiting, players getting shot, injuries , lossing close playoff games, missing region championships on play, knowing they should have been there instead of the other team. These kids are on a mission. Our Millington Football team does not know one thing about Indy but they will after this weekend and they will prepare to stop and attack what the other team does to best of their ability. I like the way our kids go to work everyday and the attitude by which they prepare everyday, they are not cocky football players, they are very confident football player and anyone who knows football know there is a difference. i will know more about Indy after this weekend so until then i will enjoy reading the smack between the fans.

Every year it is the same thing in Region 7 & 8; one or two teams will pop up and go underdefeated. The strength across the board in these regions is not as strong as it should be. Yet every year, due to the underdefeated record on the Memphis teams, Commercial Appeal are proclaiming Kings of Memphis as State Champs, only to be taken out by other competition in Region 6.

The underdog role in the past years of Region 6 teams is quite common because of the team records of the Memphis teams. Independence as well should cherish the same as the underdog role. The pressure is all on Memphis teams to make it to the state.

I had read an article in the Memphis Commercial Appeal this season stating about the pressure on the Memphis teams to perform outside the area because it is coming quite apparent the class of football in the Memphis area is subpar as compare to the other parts of Tennessee as well as Mississippi.

If Millington loses this year in the semifinal, the embarrassment of another year of subpar football in Memphis will be quite evident and it will become the joke of the state. It will be another year of no shows on the Division I, Class 5A level and Division II on any level. It is a good thing basketball season starting which will take the misery out of Memphis football.

Again....You do not get to the FINAL FOUR of the State Finals without being a Tremendous Football team!! This "Lil Ole Indy" mind set is getting way old already. Give it a rest, please!!

If you want to talk football, let's do that... But, Please don't post anymore of this "Hoosiers" nonsense. I want to know real reasons why your football can win the game friday night. Because at the end of the day that's when and where the game is played. Without actual on the field accomplishments, this team of "DESTINY" stuff doesn't hold much water.... Oh yeah, by the way this "God is on our Side" stuff is ridiculous as well.... Do you really think that God isn't on Millington's side also??

Not knowing much, if anything, about Indepence...... What are your teams strengths??......Weaknesses?.... Most improvement over the course of the year??..... If there is one player you could mention, Who is it and why?

Much of the "lil ole Indy" mindset that you are posting in response to is sarcasm. With the way people from Memphis have spoken on this board you would think that Millington is a NCAA D-I (or FBS) team and that Indy is nothing but scrubby team from Williamson County.

Also disregard the posts about the gods being on our side, and all of that nonsense, that is just ignorant talk after a big win.

Every year it is the same thing in Region 7 & 8; one or two teams will pop up and go underdefeated. The strength across the board in these regions is not as strong as it should be. Yet every year, due to the underdefeated record on the Memphis teams, Commercial Appeal are proclaiming Kings of Memphis as State Champs, only to be taken out by other competition in Region 6.

The underdog role in the past years of Region 6 teams is quite common because of the team records of the Memphis teams. Independence as well should cherish the same as the underdog role. The pressure is all on Memphis teams to make it to the state.

I had read an article in the Memphis Commercial Appeal this season stating about the pressure on the Memphis teams to perform outside the area because it is coming quite apparent the class of football in the Memphis area is subpar as compare to the other parts of Tennessee as well as Mississippi.

If Millington loses this year in the semifinal, the embarrassment of another year of subpar football in Memphis will be quite evident and it will become the joke of the state. It will be another year of no shows on the Division I, Class 5A level and Division II on any level. It is a good thing basketball season starting which will take the misery out of Memphis football.

.......and your team is doing what at this point in the season? And from what I'm reading from the IHS folks on this topic, they seem to think they have quite a good football team. Yet you seem to be stating that if Millington loses to IHS, that would be an embarrassment.....hummmm /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

White haven game ... Millington didnt play that great but did win. Millington pretty much was handing the ball to WH.

White station game ...Millington came to play and were unstopable. Whitestation' D just hasnt played a team with the Backs millington has. White Stations passing game was working but our D stepped up. Not many teams have had sucess running against millington this yr. And the passing deffense was our problem area but seemed to have gotten better last night.

Millington is going to have some more great teams yrs to come. 9th grade team last yr went undefeated. jv team last yr undefeated. this yr 9th grade team lost 1 game by 7 due to fumbles 6 or 9 of em. Dont know about the jv teams record this yr . So i will bet Millington will be around for awhile.

Ind-14 Millington-47. Il give ya 14points as i did any other team since that was all that was scored on mill. until last night.

White haven game ... Millington didnt play that great but did win. Millington pretty much was handing the ball to WH.

White station game ...Millington came to play and were unstopable. Whitestation' D just hasnt played a team with the Backs millington has. White Stations passing game was working but our D stepped up. Not many teams have had sucess running against millington this yr. And the passing deffense was our problem area but seemed to have gotten better last night.

Millington is going to have some more great teams yrs to come. 9th grade team last yr went undefeated. jv team last yr undefeated. this yr 9th grade team lost 1 game by 7 due to fumbles 6 or 9 of em. Dont know about the jv teams record this yr . So i will bet Millington will be around for awhile.

Ind-14 Millington-47. Il give ya 14points as i did any other team since that was all that was scored on mill. until last night.

Ouch 47-14, well see what happens. Thanks for being kind enough to spot our boys 14 points, though.

Honestly i have never even heard of millington. you sit here and say the teams we have beat are not convincing. This is the fourth or fifth year in a row that a region 6 team has made it to semi finals. we took the regional tittle in the hardest region in 5A tennessee football. three of theses teams in our region have won state in the last 10 years. honnestly who has millington even played. yeah stats look great when your playing a team that is basically a glorified JV team. last year i sat in Coach Smiths studyhall and listened to him have coaches from BGA and ensworth turn him down for games because they would not be ready. Ensworth finally agreed but backed out once Eubanks took over. teams do not want to play us. in addition i will be attending the game even though the three or four hour drive. I had to miss the franklin game and i was honestly sweating when i was recieving updates. Independence deserves the state tittle more than any other team. The boys i played with my freshman year, and the very first season of Indy, the guys i sat next to on the bus to a practice field because ours was not ready, befriended Tommy Johnson then had to suffer through his loss in 2005, the team i stopped playing on because i did not want to commit 5 days a week 48 weeks out of the year to. they deserve it because they have worked for it. i would give anything to go back and not quit the team so i could strap up my shoulder pads and helmet on friday night and go to a state championship my senior year. we will be seeing smyrna in two weeks at MTSU.

and the only eclipse of 600 next week will be the number of stops by consiglio dont plan on running the ball. go ahead and throw it so fowler can just intercept it. you wont have a 40 point game friday i promise.

don't cry too much. you won't have to miss another game. your season will end next friday night.

You're right, though, Millington won't have a 40 pt game. It'll be more like 50 or 60 pts. Of course, the slaughter rule might slow the Trojans down a bit at halftime! And, be thankful you're not the coach of IHS cause Millington may not pass the ball all night.

Well I'm not taking away from Millington, but you had to have some 4th quarter heroics against Whitehaven and the WS collapse just doesnt add up...but hey you are in the Semis but I just think that boasting about a rout will fire Indy up and you may be surprised about the outcome. We beat arguably the number 1 D in the state, according to many people after a shellacking in week 4, so Indy knows hoe to win when it counts. You are a great team, but taking away from our accomplishments will only hinder your team on the field come Friday Night because I'm sure if you asked anyone they would say Indy wants this BAD and I mean BAD. I will say good luck to both teams on Friday Night, it should be an AMAZING game.

the sad reality is that the State Championship game was probably played last week at Millington when they beat Whitehaven 17-13.

Millington 28, Independence 14Book it.

way too conservative! Millington 56 Independence 10.