Independence @ Millington

donathan5507

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, here is my opinion on this whole contender and pretender issue. While I may be a little biased as a graduate of Millington, I'm going to tell you that Millington is for real. Anyone who has watched them play this season, especially last week against White Station (which is an excellent team), will tell you that they are for real. Yes, in years past the teams from the West (Germantown, Ridgeway, etc.) have gone to Middle Tennessee in the playoffs and gotten beat (and I mean BEAT), but Millington is different and here's why. Those boys from Germantown, Ridgeway, etc. (no offense to them because they were good teams) were city boys that went to Middle TN and ran into bigger, stronger, hard-hitting, corn-fed, country boys. That is where Millington is different...Millington is not Memphis. Here we have those corn-fed, country boys too. I have never seen a high school team that is faster, more physical, or harder hitting than this Millington team. I go to the University of Memphis, and I swear these boys at Millington hit harder than the Tigers at the U of M. Three weeks ago I watched Travis Simpson (our no. 1 back) throw off four tacklers at once (and they weren't just arm tackles...they were on his back and everyone thought he was wrapped up) and run 50 yards for a score. Later in the same game, I watched as one of our DBs delivered on of the hardest hits that I have ever seen in a football game, including college and the NFL. Collierville was trying to score and break up a shutout, but after their receiver got up off the ground after about ten minutes, they just gave up and took a knee and let the clock run out. Last week, against WS several hard hits brought OOhs from the crowd and stifled Spartan drives. I'm not saying that this is going to happen to Independence, I'm just saying that Millington is not like the West TN teams that have come before. I'm so excited about what should be a fast, physical, and hard-hitting game from both sides. I say good luck to Independence, I know you're gonna give us all we can handle, and I hope like you do that my team comes out on top tomorrow night. My prediction: Millington wins 27-21

Guys Guys Guys. Listen it is time for both sides to be real. I saw the Gallitan and Antioch teams and they may have been the worst teams Indy has played this year. They were absolutely horrible. Had some speed but no line. In the trenches is were this game will be won and Indy has much better linemen than Millington. I have not seen Millington play but every year there is a pretender from the west. Never a true contender. Millington will get beat and rather easily. 5A is very week this year. But Indy is the best of 5A. Franklin was very young and probably should have won last week but they didn't. Seems like destiny is on Indy's side. Next year there will be another pretender come from the West and Next year they will fall as well. Millington yes you are 13-0 but against what would be a Freshman schedule in middle TN. Centennial would be 13-0 if they played in the West. This is Indy's only chance and the coaches know that. So look for something special Friday

I agree with everything you said:5a football is weak this yearAntioch and Gallatin were horribleevery year there is a pretender from the west in 5aFranklin was very young this yearExcept:

Centennial would be 13-0 over there and Independence is going to win tomorrow. 5a football was weak this year but even more so was region 6 that was weak this year.

Alright, here is my opinion on this whole contender and pretender issue. While I may be a little biased as a graduate of Millington, I'm going to tell you that Millington is for real. Anyone who has watched them play this season, especially last week against White Station (which is an excellent team), will tell you that they are for real. Yes, in years past the teams from the West (Germantown, Ridgeway, etc.) have gone to Middle Tennessee in the playoffs and gotten beat (and I mean BEAT), but Millington is different and here's why. Those boys from Germantown, Ridgeway, etc. (no offense to them because they were good teams) were city boys that went to Middle TN and ran into bigger, stronger, hard-hitting, corn-fed, country boys. That is where Millington is different...Millington is not Memphis. Here we have those corn-fed, country boys too. I have never seen a high school team that is faster, more physical, or harder hitting than this Millington team. I go to the University of Memphis, and I swear these boys at Millington hit harder than the Tigers at the U of M. Three weeks ago I watched Travis Simpson (our no. 1 back) throw off four tacklers at once (and they weren't just arm tackles...they were on his back and everyone thought he was wrapped up) and run 50 yards for a score. Later in the same game, I watched as one of our DBs delivered on of the hardest hits that I have ever seen in a football game, including college and the NFL. Collierville was trying to score and break up a shutout, but after their receiver got up off the ground after about ten minutes, they just gave up and took a knee and let the clock run out. Last week, against WS several hard hits brought OOhs from the crowd and stifled Spartan drives. I'm not saying that this is going to happen to Independence, I'm just saying that Millington is not like the West TN teams that have come before. I'm so excited about what should be a fast, physical, and hard-hitting game from both sides. I say good luck to Independence, I know you're gonna give us all we can handle, and I hope like you do that my team comes out on top tomorrow night. My prediction: Millington wins 27-21

After all of those Superman highlights from Milkington...your prediction is only to win by SIX points. I thought you would soar over the Eagles by at least 40+ pts after that lead in.....wow!!!! seriously you should be writing proganda for the government with those types of "highlights"

As a father of a Ravenwood player that graduated last year, I have to admit to being envious of the Indy fans driving to Millington tomorrow. Seems like yesterday I was headed to White Station. Anyway enjoy the ride and win or lose, the Indy boys have represented Region 6 with honor. Goodluck and here's hoping a region 6 team will represent state again this year!

The fact that millington thinks they are playing a breather game makes me sick. No semifinal game this year will be a breather. Anyone who is that overconfident is in for a rude awakening on friday. 13-0 doesnt mean anything if havent played championship quality teams. But i actually want them to underestimate IHS because that gives IHS and edge over anyone. Ive been hearing so much about MHS's running game, but what about IHS's running game. You may have fast running backs but when it comes down to it, whoever can get the tough yards will ultimately have a better game. IHS knows how to defend against fast players. They have been doing that all year. One-dimentional teams, like MHS, only go so far. IHS has too many weapons that they can use. I dont think MHS can stop all of them. Come friday night, the only breather MHS will be having is after they get hammered every play. IHS wants this game too much to fall short, which is not what they wont do.

hey retard why dont u look closer at the quote u commented on an indy fan says that indy players think its gonna be a breather not millington someone needs to learn to read

judgement day is tomorrow! All i want is for yall to get on here friday or Saturday and eat all them trash talking words if millington wins! And we will do the same if by chance yall win! Let it be known there is no weakness in this west team! Go Trojans!

By chance? look for the past two pages i've sat here and read about how ignorant and cocky indy is and how stupid the destiny thing is. If we win it wont be by chance. It will be because we played hard. period.