CSAS at Grace

THELEGEND

the actual score was 69 - 57.....but what ever.... Grace didn't get within double digits after about two min into the second quarter.....at one point in the second half AS led by 24.....Cobb, Hampton, and Mckoy all played incredibly....mcmasters wasn't much....it didn't really looked like he cared though I'm not sure of his stats....he was probably their top scorer but overall he wasn't there....Hampton was absolutely incredible he was all over the court and he got his own rebound just about every time he missed.....and on top of that AS was killing from the three point line....only a twelve point win but AS absolutely dominated this game....but I'm sure grace will step it up come region tourney but they most definitely wont win at third street....

Oh how disappointed I was when I read this and realized somebody else had already responded. GGE, I agree with you completely! Every time CSAS would send the ball to their post player I almost felt sorry for him. Carter changes a game in so many ways. Here's the line from the chattanoogan.com article,"McMasters finished with 18 points, 11 rebounds and eight blocks." A little more than 'not much'. Now time to give props to the boys from 3rd St. I thought they looked really tough...shot extremely well from deep. I was suprised they didn't hold the ball more in the second half...but they had a big enough cushion to do just about whatever they wanted. Good win for the boys and Coach Dragoo.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What game were you watching? Carter was a monster inside. He owned the boards and altered every shot that he didn't block. Can someone get me his defensive stats? He played with heart like I haven't seen in awhile. The whole Grace team did tonight. They got on the floor after loose balls more than any Grace team I've seen in awhile. They didn't have it all tonight, but they'll be fine once the tournament rolls around.

first off congrats to the CSAS players on a great game.

what game where you watching? "carter was a monster inside"???????? the kid played well but didnt take over the game like the tallest person witin 15 miles should do. he was spending to much time in the high post instead of taking it to ball down low and putting it to him. if i was CSAS i will give up that 15 foot jumper all day too. he did have his fair share of blocks but cobb, hampton, and all the other guards still were able to score inside the paint on him. the kid should have fouled out but the refs wouldnt call anything on him and when he did foul they gave it to some one else. that happen atleast 2 times.

CSAS has had a good start to the season and are goin bout it like gentlemen(which comes from there coach) but i dont think i would be the only person who would like for them to be samurai and chop a few heads off(not like there coach). in the region and beyond its kill or be killed just like in battle and CSAS has a huge target around there necks everyone is aiming for. why not go for the kuda gra when you can?

tonight was a great game. I think we learned a lot about the Region and what's going to matter this season. CSAS won tonight because they were in top physical condition and were able to sub in a supporting cast that didnt drag them down offensively. Granted that either Hampton or Cobb was in the game the whole night, there was nobody on the floor for AS that was a burden on offense. Grace had maybe four guys who could score, and everyone else was just taking up space on the floor. CSAS probably had one of their best games of the recent past tonight from behind the arc, Hampton was unconcious. Overall it was a good game, both teams showed a lot of heart and talent, and I can't wait for the showdown on 3rd street!

umm the burden was ball they dont pass it to him. for a 6'7 cat i expect a few more 2 pointers from him. tonight he only scored points from the line. which says he can make shoots when no one is on him but a finish close to the basket would be so SWEEEEEEET!!!!!

weight room!!!

rumor has it the mcmasters family would have found somewhere elese for him to play ball if he was "stuck" in the low post. i persoanlly would have played him where he best helped the team and if they left so be it. at times csas had nobody within a foot of his height and i don't believe he once posted up somebody on the block. herman seems to have forgotten how to pass the ball and the supporting class does not seem to have the depth of the last few years. grace will still win 80% of their games though. csas played well and their athleticism and depth showed up. they can go 10+ deep and not lose too much on the court.

What game were you watching? Carter was a monster inside. He owned the boards and altered every shot that he didn't block. Can someone get me his defensive stats? He played with heart like I haven't seen in awhile. The whole Grace team did tonight. They got on the floor after loose balls more than any Grace team I've seen in awhile. They didn't have it all tonight, but they'll be fine once the tournament rolls around.

the one where his team lost....

umm the burden was ball they dont pass it to him. for a 6'7 cat i expect a few more 2 pointers from him. tonight he only scored points from the line. which says he can make shoots when no one is on him but a finish close to the basket would be so SWEEEEEEET!!!!!

weight room!!!

ball is always labeled as 6'7 but thats being generous....watching him against mcmasters the height difference is major....i expect mcmasters to get at least 8 blocks the majority of AS is under 6ft tall....then the only ones within 5 inches of Ball are foster and maybe townsend but townsend isnt a post player..that being said 18 points isnt that big of a deal considering the amount of shots he took...im not saying he didnt get the stats because he did but i think he could have done so much better than he did....he just didnt really look like he cared as much as he used to... and i would hardly say he "owned" the boards...hampton was getting rebounds over him al night ad he is at least 9 inches shorter at least....

weight room!!!

I agree with Baseball2008, ball is not really 6'7. Mvmasters easily had 4 or 5 inches on him. Ball wasn't a burden last night on offense. He sunk all 8 of the free throws he took, and he passes the ball very well. There were several times when he hit on of the guards on a cut through the lane for an easy layup. There were also several times when McMasters fouled him pretty good with his body, but you can't complain about refs and stuff like that is going to happen in someone else's gym. If you wanna call someone with 8 points against someone 5 inches taller than him a burden, then what do u call the 7 grace players that played and scored less then 8? The only two players that scored more than Ball were Herman and McMasters, Grace's one and two scoring options. Ball is probably CSAS's third or fourth option.

I agree with Baseball2008, ball is not really 6'7. Mvmasters easily had 4 or 5 inches on him. Ball wasn't a burden last night on offense. He sunk all 8 of the free throws he took, and he passes the ball very well. There were several times when he hit on of the guards on a cut through the lane for an easy layup. There were also several times when McMasters fouled him pretty good with his body, but you can't complain about refs and stuff like that is going to happen in someone else's gym. If you wanna call someone with 8 points against someone 5 inches taller than him a burden, then what do u call the 7 grace players that played and scored less then 8? The only two players that scored more than Ball were Herman and McMasters, Grace's one and two scoring options. Ball is probably CSAS's third or fourth option.

no out of the starting 5 ball is definitely the last scoring option....as far as Arts and Sciences goes offense in the post is not a factor at all.....all their big men are primarily defensive weapons....Ball is there for rebounds and as you said passing to the guards on cuts to the basket....

but i dont think i would be the only person who would like for them to be samurai and chop a few heads off(not like there coach). in the region and beyond its kill or be killed just like in battle and CSAS has a huge target around there necks everyone is aiming for. why not go for the kuda gra when you can?

what in the world are you talking about. Dragoo was ticked off at them last week because he wasnt satisfied with the fact that they didnt dominate a team in their thanksgiving classic last week. they were up twenty at halftime and he was mad. how about you not speak if you dont know what you are talking about

ball is always labeled as 6'7 but thats being generous....watching him against mcmasters the height difference is major....i expect mcmasters to get at least 8 blocks the majority of AS is under 6ft tall....then the only ones within 5 inches of Ball are foster and maybe townsend but townsend isnt a post player..that being said 18 points isnt that big of a deal considering the amount of shots he took...im not saying he didnt get the stats because he did but i think he could have done so much better than he did....he just didnt really look like he cared as much as he used to... and i would hardly say he "owned" the boards...hampton was getting rebounds over him al night ad he is at least 9 inches shorter at least....

I don't know if I would go as far as to say "over".

I'm just very impressed with this year's CSAS team. Dragoo had it right in the paper when he said this team is playing with a lot of maturity. The difference from last year, and I may be wrong, but they seem to play a quicker pace on offense more than last year. Last year, it seemed they would try to set up shots on offense, but play high intensity, press defense. It seems that they are playing high intensity at both ends this year, constantly pushing the ball on offense. Maybe it is all the depth they bring to the table. They have great chemistry and balance right now. I hope they keep playing with this kind of passion. Regarding the Grace game, CSAS was in control for most of the game and Carter did well, but the person who really impresses me is Herman. Isn't he only a sophomore? Despite losing Carter, Grace should be okay for a couple years.