Middleton at Culleoka

culleokarep

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent heard alot about middleton...are they a good bet to go to state this year?.....or is the west "so dominant" that culleoka doesnt stand a chance....predictions please

Crep, I dont know if i would go so far as to say that Culleoka doesnt stand a chance against Middleton... but it is going to be tough! I have seen Middleton play 4 times the past two years and they put on a show against one of the best teams in the state of MS everytime (winning one game and losing the 3 others by a combined 10 points or so). I haven't seen them this year, but that one person said they are better this year and ill take their word. I just hate that Im gonna be out of town when these two hook up... It will be a great challange for Cully! Toughest compitition they will see before M'boro.

it doesnt matter where the fans are looking...we dont play the game...and im excited about the game against cascade....but i did make a topic about the culleoka and cascade game and no post from you big guy....

i didnt respond to the other because I didnt see it until after i saw this one. After what i saw last night I dont think Culleoka will be able to keep up with the smaller quicker teams from west tn or CSAS for that matter. Granted Culleoka won by 20 last night anyone who was at the game know that cascade gave culleoke fits with their uptempo style of play. Culleoka does shoot better than what I saw from them in the tourney last year. if they can slow teams down and make them play half court they will be hard to beat

i dont think by any means culleoka is a favorite to win state...however i will admit that the shots havent been falling for culleoka so far this year...as far as the twins go...its their third year of playing basketball period....there learning the game but there defense is very good.....culleoka will be very good become tourney time....i think this game will be awesome and probably very high scoring...i know the west tn. teams always bring it and im excited to see how our boys do against middleton

correction this is not the twins 3rd yr playing basketball they played basketball in 8th grade and they have improved really fast

i didnt respond to the other because I didnt see it until after i saw this one. After what i saw last night I dont think Culleoka will be able to keep up with the smaller quicker teams from west tn or CSAS for that matter. Granted Culleoka won by 20 last night anyone who was at the game know that cascade gave culleoke fits with their uptempo style of play. Culleoka does shoot better than what I saw from them in the tourney last year. if they can slow teams down and make them play half court they will be hard to beat

are you serious...mario didnt start against cascade and we put two sophomores in the first half that hadnt seen a combined 10 minutes all year...and even though they looked real good against "cascades uptempo style"...i do believe the game could have been a blowout if coach wanted it to be....cascade looked pretty good but i think your overstating yourself

antwan played in 8th grade...shawn didnt

are you serious...mario didnt start against cascade and we put two sophomores in the first half that hadnt seen a combined 10 minutes all year...and even though they looked real good against "cascades uptempo style"...i do believe the game could have been a blowout if coach wanted it to be....cascade looked pretty good but i think your overstating yourself

antwan played in 8th grade...shawn didnt

i dont think coach slatten had anything to do with the outcome of that game he didnt pull his starters until the last minute and a half. Cascade's attacking style forced Culleoka into a lot of fouls and you can see Culleoka's players were tired. The point that I was making that some of that predicted state contenders who play that same style will give Culleoka a lot of trouble come march. So no im not overstating myself Im telling you what i saw. Slatten didnt call those fouls on the twins or stevens nor did he hit mario with that technical. coach couldnt run up the score if he wanted to because he didnt have the chance to try

i dont think coach slatten had anything to do with the outcome of that game he didnt pull his starters until the last minute and a half. Cascade's attacking style forced Culleoka into a lot of fouls and you can see Culleoka's players were tired. The point that I was making that some of that predicted state contenders who play that same style will give Culleoka a lot of trouble come march. So no im not overstating myself Im telling you what i saw. Slatten didnt call those fouls on the twins or stevens nor did he hit mario with that technical. coach couldnt run up the score if he wanted to because he didnt have the chance to try

"Attacking Style??" Who could tell!!!! The refs called 55 Fouls in a 32 minute game!!!!!!! I thought the game was like watching paint dry!!!! Cascade had just gotten the football players back and Cully played alot of the young kids.

Best of luck to both!!!

"Attacking Style??" Who could tell!!!! The refs called 55 Fouls in a 32 minute game!!!!!!! I thought the game was like watching paint dry!!!! Cascade had just gotten the football players back and Cully played alot of the young kids.

Best of luck to both!!!

thats what im sayin....we hadnt had players foul out like that even close in a game this year...alot of those calls where a little rediculous both ways....and the tech on mario was ludacris....dont get the impression i think culleoka is dominant....its gonna be tough to get out of our region....but dont tell me that culleoka did everything they could do to squeak a win out man....

Here is my point i dont think anybody in their right mind would have thought that Cascade would be within 8 points of Culleoka halfway through the 3rd quarter. On paper youwould probably say that Culleoka would win that game by at least 30. All Im saying is that teams in West Tn and chattanooga that play uptempo and shoot26 freethrows would probably beat culleoka. the top tier teams in the state dont shoot 7-26 from the free throw line and 25 percent from the feild. CSAS, Lake co. manassas, union city will know ck down a lot of the shots and freethrows that cascade missed and Culleoka is looking at a L that's all im saying dont forget that i also said that if culleoka can get good teams playing halfcourt basketball they will be very hard to beat

i understand what your saying...but believe it or not i think culleoka is a much better up tempo team...its hard to show that at culleoka because the court is a bit small...mario can make some unbelieveable passes and on the break he almost always hits the open man....i think our team can play both styles but i also think our team plays to the level of the competition sometimes....id like to see them be lights out every night out but i guess im asking a bit much

thats what im sayin....we hadnt had players foul out like that even close in a game this year...alot of those calls where a little rediculous both ways....and the tech on mario was ludacris....dont get the impression i think culleoka is dominant....its gonna be tough to get out of our region....but dont tell me that culleoka did everything they could do to squeak a win out man....

Here is my point i dont think anybody in their right mind would have thought that Cascade would be within 8 points of Culleoka halfway through the 3rd quarter. On paper youwould probably say that Culleoka would win that game by at least 30. All Im saying is that teams in West Tn and chattanooga that play uptempo and shoot26 freethrows would probably beat culleoka. the top tier teams in the state dont shoot 7-26 from the free throw line and 25 percent from the feild. CSAS, Lake co. manassas, union city will know ck down a lot of the shots and freethrows that cascade missed and Culleoka is looking at a L that's all im saying dont forget that i also said that if culleoka can get good teams playing halfcourt basketball they will be very hard to beat