LC Football

Falcon1997

Um you may have me confused with somebody lol... im #49 i was a reciever. Now our QB is Falconfootball

Yeah, I thought you were him. But I still know who you are, now that you straightened me out. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

On these other posts, wasn't Lincoln County 3A back then? At least in the early years?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I thought you were him. But I still know who you are, now that you straightened me out. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

On these other posts, wasn't Lincoln County 3A back then? At least in the early years?

Since Lincoln County has opened they have always played in the highest division. There titles were won against Gallitin 1982, Germantown 1990, and Riverdale 1993. Coach Thompson has and will continue to be the best thing for Falcon football. I would like to see the crowds come back and the fever to really take hold of Lincoln County again I would also like to see some energetic young coaches with the burning desire that COACH THOMPSON so often refers to. There is no doubt that Coach T is the man just get the assistants to bring the fire that I know still burns in him. Hey don't forget 2 of those state championships were lead by COACH THOMPSON.

Are you serious? were you ever on the field with us NO were you ever in the locker room with us NO... and 1997? how many people will remember you? WE WON region we will go down in the books just like the 03 team... i know i can speak for me as well as the rest of the seniors leaving, we respected the heck out of coach T. He was like our father and he treated us as such. And Winfree never heard of him you sure you didnt mean Winsett? We play our game with all of our heart and pride and it shows... By the way ever heard of spell check or a dictionary?

Since no one else has educated people on who Winfree is, allow me. His name is Dan Winfree, he was the offensive coordinator for Lincoln County from 1992 until 1996, at which time he was offered and accepted a head coaching job, I can't remember the school. He has been called an offensive genuis, and the best offensive coordinator ever at Lincoln County. The combined record while he was here is 46 wins and 14 losses with 1 state title. You may ask, why all the history. I believe that if you want to do something like follow in someone's footsteps or keep tradition and pride alive in a football program you should learn the history of that person or group of people. For example, someone might want to be a musician, they may want to play a particular instrument, and they find out who has been the best and their history, so they may continue on in their footsteps. History can do nothing but help us if we learn it, learn from it and use it.

Let's look at the 29 seasons Lincoln County has fielded a football team. In the first 20 seasons L.C. had 10 seasons in which they won 9+ games. They also won 3 state titles and were contenders for 3 or 4 more but did not make it to the championship game. The last 9 years has seen the Falcons only win 9+ games in 2 seasons and no state titles and really only had a shot at one, which was in 2003.

Now, I have been one of the Falcons' biggest supporters over the last 13 years and I have kept up with them since the '82 season. I have seen a lot of change in the way some of the players conduct themselves on the field in the last 5 or 6 years. I don't know what goes on when the players are off the field but I do hear a lot of talk from some very relibale people.

It seems to me like a few players, and I'm not calling names, are more worried about themselves than they are about the team. In the first 20 years ,the young men that played for L.C. looked like a single unit when they came out for warmups, when they went back to the locker room, when they came out to start the game and any other time they were on the field. The last 9 years, like someone else posted, they have looked like 2 or 3 different teams.

And I have a question, if this team was so close, why were some of them fighting in or just outside their locker room before the game against Smyrna?

I don't want to offend anyone, but there is not to many people, that I talk to, that feels differently than I do. I just want to see the class put back in Lincoln County football.

ok if you can talk about us like you were there... i would love to know if you know exactly how the fight got started

and what ACTUALLY happened? Because i was.

Since no one else has educated people on who Winfree is, allow me. His name is Dan Winfree, he was the offensive coordinator for Lincoln County from 1992 until 1996, at which time he was offered and accepted a head coaching job, I can't remember the school.

i remember!!!

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

yeah no problem lol... but thanks for bein one of the fans thats actually supports us on here

ok if you can talk about us like you were there... i would love to know if you know exactly how the fight got started

and what ACTUALLY happened? Because i was.

All I will say, to keep you from getting mad at someone else other than me, is it came stright from an insider! And I don't why you get mad, if all of these accusations are false. Generally, someone gets mad when the accusations are true, because the truth hurts. I guess, just because we are not on the team or we did not play football, we are stupid, but it's hard to miss some of the things that has taken place on the field in front of hundreds of people. It was obvious some of the players did not along with some other players.

All I will say, to keep you from getting mad at someone else other than me, is it came stright from an insider! And I don't why you get mad, if all of these accusations are false. Generally, someone gets mad when the accusations are true, because the truth hurts. I guess, just because we are not on the team or we did not play football, we are stupid, but it's hard to miss some of the things that has taken place on the field in front of hundreds of people. It was obvious some of the players did not along with some other players.

yeah man sorry its just that so many people talk about so much stuff that they dont know anything about. Half of them hear it through the grape vine and by the time they here it it has been blown completely out of proportion.

yeah man sorry its just that so many people talk about so much stuff that they dont know anything about. Half of them hear it through the grape vine and by the time they here it it has been blown completely out of proportion.

Thanks! I try not to say anything,unless I can really trust the person I hear it from,to know what they're talking about. No doubt you guys had a really good year and I am proud of that fact, it just seems that a few have some ego problems that should be put aside for the team. I helped coach a young softball team that went to the world seires in 2004 or 2005 and to be as young as they were, some had really bad ego problems. They were about to fight amoung themselves and I tried to give them a speech about putting their differences aside while they were a team. Some of the parents were standing there and thanked me for the speech. I wish I could say that we won but unfortunately in the first game we got beat like 30 to 1. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> We then won one and got put out the next game.

A lot of people don't know this, but there has been a time or two someone has thretened to slap me because I was making a lot of noise for the FALCONS.

Thanks! I try not to say anything,unless I can really trust the person I hear it from,to know what they're talking about. No doubt you guys had a really good year and I am proud of that fact, it just seems that a few have some ego problems that should be put aside for the team. I helped coach a young softball team that went to the world seires in 2004 or 2005 and to be as young as they were, some had really bad ego problems. They were about to fight amoung themselves and I tried to give them a speech about putting their differences aside while they were a team. Some of the parents were standing there and thanked me for the speech. I wish I could say that we won but unfortunately in the first game we got beat like 30 to 1. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> We then won one and got put out the next game.

A lot of people don't know this, but there has been a time or two someone has thretened to slap me because I was making a lot of noise for the FALCONS.

lol yeah understand that i should have read it closer before i blew up and made a fool of myself... i posted that one after i read FlyingFalconMoms posts and i was still hot from that. But thanks for your support through the year because its seems you were well informed lol.

I'm probably about to get myself in trouble for saying this, but I think the following must be said. PLease read carefully before blowing up and pitching a fit about what I say. Make certain that you understand where I'm coming from.

I think that some of you should get a little less P.O.ed about FlyingFalconMom's posts. She has made some good points; I have to say, I did NOT agree with them all, but most made sense. Besides, she doesn't seem to be getting too angry with those who chew her up one side and down the other for saying something that wasn't liked. I think such a problem can be resolved if her posts are read more carefully, and you realize where she stands with her son playing for LC and all. I don't think she means harm or means to bash. Everyone has their own opinions. If you can have yours, she can have hers.

Now, on to L.C. football.

I've noticed that most football players do respect Coach T, and that is a good thing. I've also noticed that there seems to be a lack of spirit in the some of the departing seniors. I saw one after the came who didn't seem to care that he and his team had just lost. I 'm not on the team and didn't have a thing to do with the loss, and I felt like crying. I wanted so badly for them to move on. Even on Monday at school, this one was just as happy as can be. I realize that it had been three days, but still. Most people would still be rather depressed. So, my question is, is there just a lack of caring and passion, or was it something unseen to the viewer?