TSSAA

the prophet

TSSAA might like the ideal for neutral site. It would be a nice additional money grab for them while the schools are left with only a smaller portion of the gate due to the lower attendance at neutral site with stadium rental fees and with no concession dollars for the home team. ie. State Championship

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no way they would ever go to nuetral sites and they shouldn't.

the money generated at the home sites is tremendous for the booster clubs and the tssaa does not get any of that money (although I am suprised they haven't tried!) and all teams need funds to support these players.

plus the atmosphere is unbelievable and that would never happen at a nuetral site.

Correct me if I wrong but this is how I remember the gate split for playoff games.

TSSAA get a split of the gate at all playoff games except of the Blue Cross Championship games. After the officials are paid, TSSAA get 1/2 of the split while the teams split the rest of the gate. Home team keeps all concessions dollars.

At the Blue Cross Championship game, TSSAA will get all the entire gate of tickets sold at the stadium, including concession. Participating schools will get 1/2 of the ticket gate sold at the school. TSSAA will get the rest. All teams pay their own transportation cost.

Remember; always buy tickets at the school before going to the Blue Cross Championship Game to help your school offset financial cost.

rapbwood is pretty much right. The split is 50% to the TSSAA and they pay games officials, chain gang (they use officials who don't get a game assignment), awards and insurance. The home team gets 25% of the gate and pays other game expenses and they get to keep 50 cents for every game program sold. The visiting team gets 25% of the gate but has to pay their own travel expenses. There is a link to download a blank financial report on the TSSAA website.