Union City Basketball

uctfan

I love how Greenfield fans say Union City is beatable...Why don't we just let Shane play his main players the whole game,press on every possession and score about 150 on you and your team score about 20(maybe)...No we can't do that because we will be running the score up...Just like chipper said....UC could spot Greenfield 25 points and UC would still win by 25 or more...Just thank your lucky stars Sisco has bigger fish to fry than blowing Greenfiled clean out of Weakley County.....He is trying to prepare his team for the postseason so nothing like last year happens to the Tornadoes this season and also get his young players in since he has 7 seniors on this year's team...Like I said on another thread,it must be nice to be able to use district games as practice sessions....

BTW....Every fan of the Tornadoes knows they are beatable,just like every other team that puts on a basketball uniform every night....But,I will guarantee you this,they won't lose too many....

Now to the DC people sneaking in on this thread....Why don't you ask your coach why he wouldn't play Union City this year??...It could've happened...The reason Jackson Central-Merry is on the Tornado schedule is because DC wouldn't come to Union City and play....

Again BTW...M.J. put in 22 on Greenfield last nite and led all UC SCORERS..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />....What else do you want???

Hey Purple & Gold Standard......these folks are just a LITTLE JEALOUS that we have a team like we have, coaches like we have and TRADISION like we have. Dyer County couldn't hold a Ball to what Union city would do to them.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

union city 92.....greenfield 70

first of all, congrats to union city. they have a good team. but, it would have been a lot closer had the refs not called so many charges(at least 6 charges which got greenfields top two players in early foul trouble to no blocking fouls nor charges against uc...and they had plenty with no calls) against greenfield at the beginning of the game when the score was still close. also, greenfield could not seem to hit a shot until the end of the first quarter. maybe they were a little intimidated by uc at first. also, greenfield had some boys making some terrible passes...too many turnovers to hang with a team like uc. i really think that greenfield looked a little intimidated at first. but, really, the score should have been much closer. that was my take on it anyway. i was unable to go to the humboldt v. greenfield game, but from what i heard from greenfield fans, that humboldt is a better team than uc. i guess we'll see.

but, i would say....after watching uc last nite....that they are a very beatable team. they are short, albeit they are quick and can shoot. but, i'd say that they are very beatable. mj brown is a fella i'd have on my team anyday, and he's a good set shooter....but, mr basketball? i dont know about that. i was really wanting to see something more out of him than what i saw. he didnt seem to be able to create a shot. he had to be set. i mean, most of his points last nite....however many they were... were after uc had a 20 point lead, and he was still gunning three's when greenfield was putting in subs.

Hey volfan007.......you know what the charges mean????? I really do not think you do........GREAT UNION CITY DEFENSE. The next time we play yall, some of us old timers have been asked by your school to suit up and play just to give your team a very small chance and with that you couldn't even touch us. Even Purple & Gold Standard would play abd bring back some "old times"

Hey volfan007.......you know what the charges mean????? I really do not think you do........GREAT UNION CITY DEFENSE. The next time we play yall, some of us old timers have been asked by your school to suit up and play just to give your team a very small chance and with that you couldn't even touch us. Even Purple & Gold Standard would play abd bring back some "old times"

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Would be a force on the boards...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I love how Greenfield fans say Union City is beatable...Why don't we just let Shane play his main players the whole game,press on every possession and score about 150 on you and your team score about 20(maybe)...No we can't do that because we will be running the score up...Just like chipper said....UC could spot Greenfield 25 points and UC would still win by 25 or more...Just thank your lucky stars Sisco has bigger fish to fry than blowing Greenfiled clean out of Weakley County....

Let me say Union City has a very good team. Mr. Basketball came out of the game with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. Check your books, he had 5 points the first half and the other 17 after Union City was up by 20 or more late in the game. You Union City fans kill me. Early in the year you get on here and act like you can't lose and run down neighbor towns. Greenfield has improved tremendously since last year and they are making strides in the right direction. I dont guess you even noticed.

Why cant you say something positive about another team. It might make you feel better about yourself if you did. I just dont understand why you UC fans get on here and talk trash and make us all pull for Lake County, Humboldt or whoever plays Union City.

IT IS A SHAME THAT OUR LOCAL TEAMS LIKE GIBSON CO. SOUTSIDE, AND OTHERS FORCE DYER CO. AND UNION CITY TO SEARCH FOR COMPETITION....... YOU SAW THE SPEED AND PRESSURE .... THE OTHER NIGHT.THE ONLY COMPARISION BETWEEN THE TWO WAS THE JACKSON SOUTHSIDE GAME WHERE IN U/C WON BY 15 AND D/C BEAT THEM BY FORTY.

Don't give me this...Dyer Co. has had an awesome team last year and this year...Was Dyer Co. searching for this competition you claim you searched for in CJ's Freshman year? NO! You got drilled by several teams including Gibson Co.! You won 3 or 4 games that whole year and then turn around and make it to the semi-finals...(something is wrong there!) Dyer Co. loses almost all their main players this year besides CJ...you guys will be brought back down to reality after this year unless you keep getting the kids from Dyersburg and New Mexico and Florida ETC... Now that you need to go find all this competition, pick up some teams from Memphis...Dyer Co. aint too far away to play a Friday or Saturday game there or them travel to Newbern...Dyer Co. is looking for competition but refused to play Union City, ha yea! You guys are good but don't let it get to your head..

Let me say Union City has a very good team. Mr. Basketball came out of the game with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. Check your books, he had 5 points the first half and the other 17 after Union City was up by 20 or more late in the game. You Union City fans kill me. Early in the year you get on here and act like you can't lose and run down neighbor towns. Greenfield has improved tremendously since last year and they are making strides in the right direction. I dont guess you even noticed.

Why cant you say something positive about another team. It might make you feel better about yourself if you did. I just dont understand why you UC fans get on here and talk trash and make us all pull for Lake County, Humboldt or whoever plays Union City.

Thanks Dr.Phil,but I feel just fine about myself.....

Pull for whoever you want....

The fourth quarter saw Josh Battee,Kendhal Warren,K.J. Brooks,Tyler Stewart-Crume,Cam Callicott and maybe Antonio Cox play..M.J. would not have been in the game in the 4th quarter of a 30+ point game....

I didn't notice "tremendous strides"..What I did notice was Union City forcing G'Field into 12 turnovers on their first 15 possessions without applying their fullcourt pressure...What I did notice was Union City scoring 17 straight points after allowing G'Field the first point of the game,effectively putting to rest any chance G'Field had of winning the game....What I did notice was that UC only applied their press on about 10 possessions the entire game....What I did notice was that G'Field has one good player and that is Reggie McHaney(yeah that makes me feel pretty good)...

And...It usually doesn't matter if it's early or late,we pretty much talk trash all year.....

Don't worry so much about what UC fans say...Worry more about trying to finish around 6th in the district....

See you guys in January,we'll see if you have made any more significant strides...

Look.....we know we're GOOD. We also know that WE ARE UNION CITY. But, on the other hand, we do give credit where credit is due.....sometimes. How can we give you credit when the only time we see your team or most of the other weak teams in our region, we beat you anyway we want. yes, we are Union City fans and you want to know the #1 reason you and other West Tenneseans pull for everyone against Union City.....because we WIN, we Prove we can win and your team doesn't and you try to pull for teams that somewhat match up with us like the Humboldts, Lake County's and a VERY few others.

Look....we can talk the talk and walk the walk and until someone tears our team up or down we will continue to do so.

Now, next year we might be a little better competition for your Yellowjackets and others. We loose 7 seniors so this is our year if we can win to the state.

Good luck Greenfield and fans.......see there, I can say good words.

Thanks Dr.Phil,but I feel just fine about myself.....

Pull for whoever you want....

The fourth quarter saw Josh Battee,Kendhal Warren,K.J. Brooks,Tyler Stewart-Crume,Cam Callicott and maybe Antonio Cox play..M.J. would not have been in the game in the 4th quarter of a 30+ point game....

I didn't notice "tremendous strides"..What I did notice was Union City forcing G'Field into 12 turnovers on their first 15 possessions without applying their fullcourt pressure...What I did notice was Union City scoring 17 straight points after allowing G'Field the first point of the game,effectively putting to rest any chance G'Field had of winning the game....What I did notice was that UC only applied their press on about 10 possessions the entire game....What I did notice was that G'Field has one good player and that is Reggie McHaney(yeah that makes me feel pretty good)...

And...It usually doesn't matter if it's early or late,we pretty much talk trash all year.....

Don't worry so much about what UC fans say...Worry more about trying to finish around 6th in the district....

See you guys in January,we'll see if you have made any more significant strides...

Like your post there Purple & Gold Standard......I didn't know Dr. Phil ( greenfieldfan ) was on coacht.com

This has really gotten to be a popular website. I wonder when Oprah will be on here.

I give props out to teams who earn respect...Lake County and Humboldt got my respect...Don't mean I won't trash talk 'em though.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> People need to stop being so serious on here and stop taking things so personal.....Just my opinion..... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> All you haters would actually like me and ucididitagain if you knew us...Really you would... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Like your post there Purple & Gold Standard......I didn't know Dr. Phil ( greenfieldfan ) was on coacht.comThis has really gotten to be a popular website. I wonder when Oprah will be on here.

I think she is on the Dyer County threads... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I give props out to teams who earn respect...Lake County and Humboldt got my respect...Don't mean I won't trash talk 'em though.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

People need to stop being so serious on here and stop taking things so personal.....Just my opinion..... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

All you haters would actually like me and ucididitagain if you knew us...Really you would... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Yes they would..

Enough for me tonight. Need to hit the hay. See ya at a game or 2.

Merry Christmas