Union City Basketball

uctfan

Union City boys team are overrated this year. No size. No coach. They didnt impress me last night or any other night that I watched them. Humboldt or Lake County will beat them this year. Dyer County would dog them. Manassas will beat them.

Well,Humboldt already had the chance and didn't in their own gym.....Lake County won't....Dyer co wouldn't come to UC to play and Manassas will have to play their way there way to a match-up with the Tornadoes...

And you based your opinion on a game against Gleason??..Come on man..They never have size and they don't even impress their own fans when they play sorry teams such as Gleason....

I thought Gleason was way overated though....

Did you appreciate coach Sisco for holding the score down on the Bulldogs??..I know this was a sore spot with folks last year...UC brought 18 to the game and all played and 15 scored....UC could have beaten Gleason with their JV team...

But,I have to say you got us in girls basketball and football so you got a 2-1 lead so far...But boys basketball??..It aint gonna happen...

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple..I would be all for Lake Co-Dyer Co playing..Even if it brought two losses...Would be a great gate..rowdy crowds on both sides...I wouldn't have to drive but about 3 miles if the game was at Newbern..All of Lake Co's games are an away game for me..I have to drive about 50 miles each time to Lake Co and back..Blake's mother and her family are from Lake Co..Ron Garret,a sophmore for Lake Co is Blake's cousin...Lake Co use to play Dyer Co every year..in football and in basketball...Lake Co played the great team that had Perry Powell,Fisk,Crittenton and was one of the few teams that hung a loss on them..and probably should have beat them both times..It may havemost of their juniors years ..can't remember..Lake Co had James Avery..Harold Hughes and Co...My guess..and a guess only is the reason is the Andre Flowers situation...I know we were playing Dyer Co then...Flowers played basketball then as a sophmore..was booed out of the gym..every time he touched the ball..I know McCord and Whitby are good friends..maybe they can make something happen..Not to far to travel...would be a money game..And believe it or not..Lake Co should have a good basketball program for years to come..The middle school at Lake Co and Humboldt have split with Northview,the Newbern middle school that is loaded for some that may not know,..So..should be great games in the coming years if it were to happen..Even next year..They would have C.J..Crittendon,Rex Pierce,Jake Alexander..Lake Co would have Russell Avery,Patrick Robertson,Ron Garrett and maybe Bledsoe come back...Love to see it happen..

I don't know about LC for years to come....When I saw them(freshman this year) in the summer for a few games they were awful weak....I have seen DC's freshman twice this year against Obion Central...They beat them real bad a couple of weeks ago(OC played without three starters and a top reserve)but last Thursday OC got beat 68-60(with those players back) in Newbern....They are good though

Do you know who all is in the holiday tournament LC is playing in??

Same outcome this year. Union City wont go far. Coach cant handle pressure. They will fold again when tournament time comes. No size, no heart. Pound the weak teams dont make you any better. Dodge the teams that could make you better like Dyer County, Liberty. You dont want any of them. Same Union City team, all talk from the coach down to the fans.

Most Misinformed post of the year....Same as your McKenzie rants...

UC could get Liberty in Poplar Bluff Missouri tournament...BTW UC is 2-1 overall against Liberty...They always play in the summer and played until last year when Liberty had to drop us because of all the out-of-state tournaments they played in....

bigster the UC coaches take nobody for granted...I'm sure Marty was there to scout Trenton Peabody since they play Monday nite...UC doesn't play LC until January...He probably saw all he needed to on LC...Just like back in Whitby's OC days,you see em once you have seen em all you need to...

Why wouldn't DC and LC play??....Oh that's right LC doesn't play anybody decent in non-region games...Ya'll could have played a home and home this year.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Simple fact of the matter is DC had room on their schedule...Union City didn't..If UC would have had room for a home and home the two would be playing....DC didn't want to come to UC and play...Period

Congrats on the win...Looks like if the Falcons would have had that kind of effort against Humboldt they might still be unbeaten....Maybe Trenton is still more like last year though...

Congrats on the win...Looks like if the Falcons would have had that kind of effort against Humboldt they might still be unbeaten....Maybe Trenton is still more like last year though...

I thought the effort was there....The game was closer than the score..Humboldt was actually giving Abbot and Robertson shots from the outside..just wasn't hitting..And Humboldt got about 3 or 4 key steals with a tie game and converted them into easy layups..Humboldt has an excellent team..If Avery hadn't played as well as he did..Lake Co would have lost by 40 points..If Channin and Avery and Robertson shhot like they did last night..and even Ron Garrett came off the bench and did a great job...if they play like last night..I like their chances against Humbolt and U.C...But..You never know one game to the next..If M.J. Brown goes about 1-15 against Humboldt..I'd just about guarantee U.C. won't win...Same if Cordero Wade or Epperson goes 4-20 against U.C..I wouldn't like their chances...We may get away with a bad shooting night from our so called star players against some of the teams we play respectively..but if any of these players have a bad game against each other with the talent level so close to each other..any of them can win...If Channin and Russel don't come to play against Trenton the next time we play..could be the other way around...........By the way..what do you mean..maybe Trenton is still more like last year..Don't they have about 4 starters back from last years sub-state team?Basically the same team that beat a more talented Lake Co team last year compared to this years Lake Co team..Most everyone had Trenton 3rd and this years Lake Co team 4th...But this years Lake Co team,not suppose to have any talent,according to a lot of people, beat that same Trenton team that a loaded Lake Co team from last year didn't do..by 32 points..Go figure...Just goes to show..Ylou never know one night to the next...Better strap-em up and come to play..each and every night!

I don't know about LC for years to come....When I saw them(freshman this year) in the summer for a few games they were awful weak....I have seen DC's freshman twice this year against Obion Central...They beat them real bad a couple of weeks ago(OC played without three starters and a top reserve)but last Thursday OC got beat 68-60(with those players back) in Newbern....They are good though

Do you know who all is in the holiday tournament LC is playing in??

I wasn't talking about the freshmen..Next years team with the players I named..The middle school has 4 good players in Rafael Tyler..Ricky Boyd..etc..and another kid that has potential ..that about 6'3 now..Put those boys with Patrick Robertson..and Ron Garrett ..both sophomores now..it looks pretty good to me for the next 4 years at least

I wasn't talking about the freshmen..Next years team with the players I named..The middle school has 4 good players in Rafael Tyler..Ricky Boyd..etc..and another kid that has potential ..that about 6'3 now..Put those boys with Patrick Robertson..and Ron Garrett ..both sophomores now..it looks pretty good to me for the next 4 years at least

I know you weren't talking about the freshmen,but they are apart of the LC future??...Right??

You are so full of it. Its always poor Union City. Everyone drops Union City. Fearless Union City never drops anybody.

You act like you make the schedule and know so much. I guess you are the coach too.

M&M...If I know something for sure I will post it....No,not the coach but I do know....I know about the DC situation because I was told by the one man that would know for sure....The Liberty thing is not news to anybody....They had a team they wanted to showcase across the country last year and they did....Don't blame them at all for that...I know Shane and Dexter have a good working relationship and will at least play during the summer and when the opportunity arises will play again in the future during the regular season.....The way the T.$.$.A.A has limited basketball schedules(you do know about that right??)it's very hard for teams in UC's district to schedule beyond the 18 games they HAVE to play within the district....

I know you just want to yank chains like you do over on the football boards but you will at least have to know what you are talking about over here on the basketball boards or you are going to look awful silly...Their are quite a few folks on these boards that do know what they are talking about and don't make things up....

And just another point to make,UC won't back down from anybody...Why don't you go back and look at some of the past schedules UC has played(If you know how)...UC can't help that this district doesn't have but three other good teams in it that will even give each other decent games...UC doesn't back down from stiff competition....UC has played Haywood Co,Bolivar,Mitchell,St Louis Vashon,Poplar Bluff with the younger Hansbrough who is at Miss State,Forest City,Ark,Mem East,Brentwood Acd..All in the last three or four seasons...Who has Gleason played...Ever??

Purple, don't worry about monster...he seems to be the most uneducated person when it comes to Football and Boys Basketball....however in Girls Basketball all he knows is Gleason, give 'em that! Monster, honestly, don't get jealous of these other teams that slaughter your team year in and year out! Union City has always had a solid boys basketball program since the day the school was opened!!!!

LOL....I don't know if you have seen them but they are weak....

Those guys won't be around long when Whitby gets ahold of them...

Whitby put 3 of them in the last 2 minutes against Trenton with 2 minutes left..One of them,the Hockett kid has potential..One of the others scored a basket under the goal last night...All the middle school players will get quite a bit of playing time next year..I actually see Rafael Tyler starting at guard with Ron Garrett,Carlos Young,Russel Avery and Patrick Robertson starting..If Bledsoe ,about 6'5 or 6'6 decides to play..I see him starting with Russell Avery,Patrick Robertson along with two of the other 3..I actually believe Ron Garrett and Raphael Tyler,brother of former Falcon Tony Tyler,will move ahead of Carlos Young at the guard spot in that scenario...Ricky Body,a 6'2 jumping jack and very fast will also get a lot of playing time next year..Whitby is always telling me that he thinks the 6'3 kid at the middle school is going to be a ball player..Thinks he may end up being about 6'7 or taller!

What is the first word that comes to your mind when you say Union City boys basketball?

Choke

Now why in the SAM HILL would you say something like that. Hey little buddy, where do you live. We'll ( Union City ) will just come over to your school and put on a Basketball Clinic.....for free at YOUR expense.

Union City Boys Basketball....there's nothing like it!