Smyrna vs. Independence

Great season bulldogs, I can't wait to be out there my Senior year next year!

Did anyone else kinda get a chill when Sonny and Rod came out of the game and Coach Shad immediately hugged those 2 at the same time? I feel kind of blessed to have seen 2 kids work together so good and be proud of one another no matter what the other one accomplishes. Thanks for the memories guys!

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smyrnas band has really picked it up over the last several years and as someone close to the program I know the players and everyone appreciates it. They are there for everything the football teams does right down to the last post game rally last night. I have personally told the band director how much we appreciate all they do.

Here is an interesting stat on how you win chmpionships

smyrna in the playoff is plus 12 in the turn over ratio they have caused 15 and only had 3 in the playoffs(only one of those lead to points. a fumble return by lc late in the game)

more importantly in most cases other teams turnovers have lead to points especially the last 2 games where they lead to 17 points against bearden and 3 tds last night in the 1st qtr.

You dont win playoff football by turning the ball over

Indy was horrible.. Anyone who watched the game knows that. Whether they will admit it on here or not is a different story. I am meaning don't set it up so it always east vs. west no matter what. Plus it would mean teams will actually play someone they haven't seen before. I am tired of seeing teams that played in the regular season play eachother again in the playoffs.. They should give teams seeds and make it like an actual playoff. There would be people that would complain about travel... but you know they would just have to deal with it.. I am not saying a team from Region 2 is the best, but I am pretty sure more than half of region 2 would have beat Indy last night.

Indy was horrible.. Anyone who watched the game knows that. Whether they will admit it on here or not is a different story. I am meaning don't set it up so it always east vs. west no matter what. Plus it would mean teams will actually play someone they haven't seen before. I am tired of seeing teams that played in the regular season play eachother again in the playoffs.. They should give teams seeds and make it like an actual playoff. There would be people that would complain about travel... but you know they would just have to deal with it.. I am not saying a team from Region 2 is the best, but I am pretty sure more than half of region 2 would have beat Indy last night.

Yeah, could've beat Indy LAST NIGHT. To say that they are horrible is absolutely ridiculous. Indy had been on a roll for 9 weeks, and they just came out nervous. Smyrna got to Indy. It happens. Everyone has a bad night, and Indy's just happened to come on the worst night possible. As for region 2, when is the last time they won a state title, especially as opposed to region 6? Please don't try to discredit Indy, they deserved to be there last night.

Congrats to Smyrna. First team in the county to win back to backs. Pretty neat stuff.....Oakland first to win the gold. Oakland first to go to back to back state champs, but don't win it. Riverdale first to win more than two gold balls. Smyrna first to win back to backs. Incidentally, Smyrna is tied now for most pts scored in a 5A Champ game at 46 with ....you guessed it....Oakland in 98.

Way to go Bulldogs. Sonny Gray, you are now officially a LEGEND!

Yeah, could've beat Indy LAST NIGHT. To say that they are horrible is absolutely ridiculous. Indy had been on a roll for 9 weeks, and they just came out nervous. Smyrna got to Indy. It happens. Everyone has a bad night, and Indy's just happened to come on the worst night possible. As for region 2, when is the last time they won a state title, especially as opposed to region 6? Please don't try to discredit Indy, they deserved to be there last night.

They were horrible end of story. Even if it was just a bad night you should never be losing by 33 at halftime in a championship game.

Congrats to Smyrna. First team in the county to win back to backs. Pretty neat stuff.....Oakland first to win the gold. Oakland first to go to back to back state champs, but don't win it. Riverdale first to win more than two gold balls. Smyrna first to win back to backs. Incidentally, Smyrna is tied now for most pts scored in a 5A Champ game at 46 with ....you guessed it....Oakland in 98.

Way to go Bulldogs. Sonny Gray, you are now officially a LEGEND!

thanks 2p

when I read who Smyrna was tied with for most points I knew you would catch that immediately.

it was brutal 15 weeks of football.

you are right about sonny in his entire post season career he only lost one game ( 3rd round in 05 his soph year)

hs playoff record 12 and 1 riverdale is the only team to beat him in the post season -- ever

2005 Ravenwood over Oak Ridge. This year the east was vastly superior to the west bracket but its not like that every year and to get on here saying that the bracket should be changed because of last night is completely asinine.

2005 Ravenwood over Oak Ridge. This year the east was vastly superior to the west bracket but its not like that every year and to get on here saying that the bracket should be changed because of last night is completely asinine.

Most definitely. Region 6, as well as the east as a whole, was in a down year this year. It's not like that every year.

They were horrible end of story. Even if it was just a bad night you should never be losing by 33 at halftime in a championship game.

When is the last time Farragut made it to the state title?... Trying to say Indy is a horrible team is ridiculous.

LOL, I see why you have no friendzz!

Fact of the matter is this, no team from Region 2 made it far enough to prove your theory, so your assumption holds no water my "friend". If there are so called "better" teams across the state, they would have been in Murfreesboro last night playing for the Gold Ball, right? Smyrna and Indy got'er done to get there...enough said.

As for the game, Smyrna got'er done, Indy did not. Both teams had fabulous years, congrats to both teams!

Ok we get it you think everything needs to be changed because your team gets beat fine. We Know. Nobody is as good as your team.

SHUT YOU MOUTH I AM SICK OF HEARING IT! We heard it last week and now this week. It is getting old. Stop complaining and show up on game nights and TCB. End of story.......

Great Job Dogs. We are proud of you.