South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

Thank you so much! I saw the shirts some had on at the game Friday. Will the ones that the QB club has coming be different? If so, what will they look like? I'll keep checking back here.

You probably did not see the back of these shirts...had years listed we were finalists or champions including this year. In case you don't know this little bit of info...SP is the only school in the state to compete for the championship in every decade since this classification thing was started in 1969. Of any classification. The back of the shirt you saw Friday says something like five decades of dominance then listed each year we were in the championship game. We will be getting more of these, changing 2007 finalist to 2007 State Champs on the back. You know us...we don't count our chickens before they hatch!!! Yes, we will have another State Champion shirt of some sort...just haven't come up with the complete design as of yet. Will try to post on here when they are in and where to purchase.

I really enjoyed this year in Pirate Land and look forward to many more good years. I would like to thank every alumni and fan that has stood behind the Pirate program for so many years. The benefits of what you can reap really came to life this year with a great group of young men that took us to the promise land [the elite of 1a] My hats off to all the coaches and staff for molding these boys into men! This school means so much to my family and me. Lets keep the tradition rolling!

ONCE A PIRATE ALWAYS A PIRATE

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior to the game I met David Jones #2's father. I also met another man whose name escapes me at the time. They both came up to me while waiting for the gates to open. I told them I was from FCS and since they beat them I had been following them. They both were top notch people, I enjoyed the game even more knowing some of the South Pitt kids through their parents. You Pirates have a great team I also enjoyed guessing the number of plays it would take you to score as I now live close to McKenzie but do not like their coach. Congratulations on a great year.

Mr.Jones if you read this I thoroughly enjoyed our brief chat and thought your son was a great athlete and look forward to following him and his accomplishments next year. I looked for you after the game but you all were in the moment and I thought I might catch you here.

Good luck and maybe I'll see you again next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This could be the best offense the school has ever had.. The 98 team was just as powerful but they lacked the passing.. As far as them versus 98 Trousdale,,this years pirates wouldnt have a thing for Mr, Scruggs from Trousdale..They could score but they wouldnt score enough to beat them..I would agree this years team had more overall offensive fire power but 94 and 99 had better defenses..I also believe both of those teams had the power to run directly at this team and have alot of success.. So kinda hard to say which team would come out on top.. It will be a great argument for years to come.. Alot of schools do have this stuff to talk about so SP should be thankful..Great year for them and now they can say they have as many as that other team from up the road...Ditka OUT

SP was clearly the best 1A state in TN and there are more than likely teams from every class 1-5 that they could beat.

Having said that, Alcoa would match their speed and run them off the field. Even Goodpasture and DL would be too much for them; they would put some points on the board but both GP and DL would clearly win. This is not a shot at SP at all, they are 1 of the best 1A teams I have seen, the only better 1A champ that comes to mind would be the TC team from a couple of years ago.....

The Trousadale teams from 93,94,97,98,99 was better than the 05 team..Sorry Ditka said it first, not me..

Prior to the game I met David Jones #2's father. I also met another man whose name escapes me at the time. They both came up to me while waiting for the gates to open. I told them I was from FCS and since they beat them I had been following them. They both were top notch people, I enjoyed the game even more knowing some of the South Pitt kids through their parents. You Pirates have a great team I also enjoyed guessing the number of plays it would take you to score as I now live close to McKenzie but do not like their coach. Congratulations on a great year.

Mr.Jones if you read this I thoroughly enjoyed our brief chat and thought your son was a great athlete and look forward to following him and his accomplishments next year. I looked for you after the game but you all were in the moment and I thought I might catch you here.

Good luck and maybe I'll see you again next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sorry you don't like our coach. We love him! He has brought a winning tradition back to Mckenzie these last 7 years and he works the kids as hard as any coach in the state. His work ethic is second to none. We will be back soon you can bank on that. He may come off as not a people person but I can promise you he has the respect in this area and I don't know many schools that wouldn't want to have him as a coach. Congrats S. Pitts. again and hope to see you soon.

Thank-you so much Commander.I'm Daniel,David's dad.We are so happy and pleased with this past season.Meeting people like yourself along with coach Satterfield from TC made our day just that much more enjoyable.Tennessee high school football is a bit underestimated i think.Especially at the A division.We didn't stay for the AA game but did get to chat with some of Alcoa's people.Class personified. We are looking forward to a great season again.TC will be a tremendous test no doubt.This small school and community are unreal.Dedicated coaches players and parents make it so unique.Again thanks again for the kind heartfelt words.Hope to be chatting with you again.And good luck to you and your boys this coming season.

Just like Trousdale to try and steal South Pitts thunder.

We could've should've or would've

Whatever

South Pitt is the new reigning STATE CHAMPION

let the past be the past

TC couldn't get it done nor could anyone else

undefeated state champs

Congrats South Pitt

I can assure you or anyone else, Trousdale is not trying to steal SPs' thunder. Ditka is stating

his own opinion in an attempt to compare teams from past to present, which is not possible.

Games are not played on paper or CoachT. If Ditka has any connection to TC, I am not aware

of it. Really don't know him.

I will certainly agree that woulda, coulda, shoulda, doesn't mean squat. There have been

posters from all over, including SP trying to make these comparisons. Other than useless

speculation, it is a waste of time to compare teams without going head to head on the field.

Agreed that TC couldn't get r done, but they did stay closer on the scoreboard than anyone

except Tyner. TC did show up & didn't get blown out.

TC & SP have always had a mutual respect for one another, which cannot be said for FCS. Get

over it & get ready for baseball or whatever. Good luck with the recruiting during the off season.

Looking forward to seeing you next season.

Merry Christmas.

Just like Trousdale to try and steal South Pitts thunder.

We could've should've or would've

Whatever

South Pitt is the new reigning STATE CHAMPION

let the past be the past

TC couldn't get it done nor could anyone else

undefeated state champs

Congrats South Pitt

I read it as he thought the Trousadale teams from 93,94,97,98,99 were better than the Trousdale team from 05. And I tend to agree with him...those 90's teams were something else. Ditka is not a TC fan so he wasn't dogging SP... just comparing TC teams of the past.

I can assure you or anyone else, Trousdale is not trying to steal SPs' thunder. Ditka is stating

his own opinion in an attempt to compare teams from past to present, which is not possible.

Games are not played on paper or CoachT. If Ditka has any connection to TC, I am not aware

of it. Really don't know him.

I will certainly agree that woulda, coulda, shoulda, doesn't mean squat. There have been

posters from all over, including SP trying to make these comparisons. Other than useless

speculation, it is a waste of time to compare teams without going head to head on the field.

Agreed that TC couldn't get r done, but they did stay closer on the scoreboard than anyone

except Tyner. TC did show up & didn't get blown out.

TC & SP have always had a mutual respect for one another, which cannot be said for FCS. Get

over it & get ready for baseball or whatever. Good luck with the recruiting during the off season.

Looking forward to seeing you next season.

Merry Christmas.

I hope you enjoy the holidays. I hope we scrimmage TC again this Spring. Nothing like scrimmaging TC to get a feel for what kind of team you will have. After our preformance in the Spring I knew we had the potential to be a special team....I'm just glad it all came together