South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

Gunpowder /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

ARE THEY PUTTING IT IN THE CORNBREAD! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have been pumped ever since I got home from the game Friday night. McKenzie is a very good team, our boys just played mistake free football and came out on a mission. It is just a shame that it was the last game for these Pirates. This team has been special. It is hard to compare SP teams, especially state teams (win or lose). My opinion, this team was the best offensively that I have ever seen at SP. There were just too many weapons to shut them down. You would have to have a team of D1 prospects to blank them. The defense really played outstanding Friday. They played lights out until the 4th quarter when we stopped bringing the house and played soft coverage. The seniors should be very proud of how they have lead this team all year.

All this talk about what teams from other classifications we could play with/beat is kinda silly. No one would know unless we actually played them. That is why we have the different classifications. A school our size should not be playing a Maryville or Smyrna at all. Outsiders should admit though that for a school as small as SP, we have had some great teams and players. Well, I will sign off until next season, unless I see a topic worth posting about. Great season Pirates. Underclassmen, work hard because you have been shown what you can accomplish with hard work.

CONGRATULATIONS PIRATES!! 2007 STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!

ARE THEY PUTTING IT IN THE CORNBREAD! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Congratulations To A Very Exceptional Team. Mckenzie's Wounds Are Already Healing. We're Planning On Whippin Alot Of Teams West Of Ya'll Next Season As Well. Everyone West Of Ya'll Are Gonna Wish We Had Won After The Whippin We Took Last Night. But I Think If We Played Yall 50 Times We Might, Nah We Wouldn't Win A Single one. What A Team Ya'll Have. Glad I Got To See Ya Play. And We'll Go Back To Work And Try To Get Better. But You Gotta Love High School Football. And Chatting With People As Yourself Is A Big Reward In Itself. Congrats Again. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

Congrats to South Pittsburg for the title and to McKenzie on their runnerup...A lot of teams would have loved to have been in McKenzie's place..Except for all the bruises from the game..But McKenzie had a great season..Good seeing you at the game Butchie........I stayed for all the other games..I've been seeing that a lot of people thinks South Pittsburg could have beat a lot of the teams..They could have probably played a good game but I don't think they could have beaten Liscomb or Fulton..Fulton had a very powerful running back..Maryville won again..but had a couple big plays..Maple wood was big and played Maryville closer than the score..The quarterback,Cobb from Alcoa is awesome..The freshman running back from Syrmna is very good...Don't think South Pittsburg could have beaten any of them..South Pittsburg looked like they may could have beat Independence..but the bigger classification could be trouble..Even though Independence didn't look very good against Syrmna..it's tough knowing if they would have been a lot stronger than a Single A team..South Pittsburg has a very good team with a lot of speed but when you go up in classificatios..is extremely tough..It wouldn't be like playing a regular AA or AAA team..All these teams were loaded and had what you needed to win a State title...Gamebreakers..If you don't have gamebreakers in the championships..better stay home...And most of these teams had a couple..

I just got back into Huntingdon after watching all 5 games and it took me awhile to catch up on the posts on CoachT. I've got some observations I'd like to share with you and hope not to offend anybody, just an opinion and we know what opinions are....

SP had a great team but to say they could beat Alcoa or any other team in the finals is hogwash. Yea, they could hang with Goodpasture maybe,..but that's all. You folks need to settle down and realize what you are posting. Alcoa is on another level from SP and made Goodpasture really look bad, although GP a good team too.

Duckman... You've been around awhile and seen tons of games. You're kidding about SP being the best you've ever seen on the field. Right?

Most memorable play in all 5 games was the punt return of SP and setting up the wall. That was a thing of beauty.

Best coaching job was McCadams of Lipscomb. They were able to draw Fulton offsides twice on a game clinching drive when the game was still on the line. Fulton had more talent but Lipscomb is so sound and don't make unforced errors.

Best player was Cobb of Knoxville Fulton. Nobody could take him down one on one. Tremendous player.

2nd best was Rodriquez Wilks of Smyrna. Best QB had to be Burnette of Maryville. Something to see him warming up and zipping a ball 40 yds and hitting the receiver in the same spot time after time on the sidelines.

Congratulations to all the teams that made it to the finals especially McKenzie. Getting there is the hard part. Some teams never will know what it's like to compete for the championship. Good job.

Congrats to South Pittsburg for the title and to McKenzie on their runnerup...A lot of teams would have loved to have been in McKenzie's place..Except for all the bruises from the game..But McKenzie had a great season..Good seeing you at the game Butchie........I stayed for all the other games..I've been seeing that a lot of people thinks South Pittsburg could have beat a lot of the teams..They could have probably played a good game but I don't think they could have beaten Liscomb or Fulton..Fulton had a very powerful running back..Maryville won again..but had a couple big plays..Maple wood was big and played Maryville closer than the score..The quarterback,Cobb from Alcoa is awesome..The freshman running back from Syrmna is very good...Don't think South Pittsburg could have beaten any of them..South Pittsburg looked like they may could have beat Independence..but the bigger classification could be trouble..Even though Independence didn't look very good against Syrmna..it's tough knowing if they would have been a lot stronger than a Single A team..South Pittsburg has a very good team with a lot of speed but when you go up in classificatios..is extremely tough..It wouldn't be like playing a regular AA or AAA team..All these teams were loaded and had what you needed to win a State title...Gamebreakers..If you don't have gamebreakers in the championships..better stay home...And most of these teams had a couple..

Sorry I missed you bigster. I was down toward the 50 yard line from Butchie a couple of sections and didn't even get to talk to him. Yeah we took one to the chin for sure Fruday but, wbat an experience!!!!!! I hope I get another chance to do it again with the Rebels in my lifetime and maybe we can do it better next time. We sure will have our work cut out for us to get back to this level very soon but, when these kids got a taste it should be enough inspiration to speed the process up. I watched all the rest of the games on TV yesterday and had the AA game taped with our game Friday. Got home in time to watch the very end of the AA game Friday night.

Now we can all go back to work and get ready for another run at tha' thing next season!!!!! HUH!!!! Hope to see you along the way next season.

I just got back into Huntingdon after watching all 5 games and it took me awhile to catch up on the posts on CoachT. I've got some observations I'd like to share with you and hope not to offend anybody, just an opinion and we know what opinions are....

SP had a great team but to say they could beat Alcoa or any other team in the finals is hogwash. Yea, they could hang with Goodpasture maybe,..but that's all. You folks need to settle down and realize what you are posting. Alcoa is on another level from SP and made Goodpasture really look bad, although GP a good team too.

Duckman... You've been around awhile and seen tons of games. You're kidding about SP being the best you've ever seen on the field. Right?

Most memorable play in all 5 games was the punt return of SP and setting up the wall. That was a thing of beauty.

Best coaching job was McCadams of Lipscomb. They were able to draw Fulton offsides twice on a game clinching drive when the game was still on the line. Fulton had more talent but Lipscomb is so sound and don't make unforced errors.

Best player was Cobb of Knoxville Fulton. Nobody could take him down one on one. Tremendous player.

2nd best was Rodriquez Wilks of Smyrna. Best QB had to be Burnette of Maryville. Something to see him warming up and zipping a ball 40 yds and hitting the receiver in the same spot time after time on the sidelines.

Congratulations to all the teams that made it to the finals especially McKenzie. Getting there is the hard part. Some teams never will know what it's like to compete for the championship. Good job.

Mr. Mustang,

I was pretty tired when I posted that and didn't really complete my thoughts on that. I didn't see any team other than Henry Co. or Melrose this season in west TN that could have beaten them Friday afternoon. South Pittsburg is honestly better than most really believe possible though. TV and film doesn't do them justice because I saw film of them last week and I was at the game and then I've seen a tape of the game here at home. They look a lot better in person than they do on TV or film but you know that much since you were there. I don'tthink that they could beat most of the top teams in the higher classifications this season but, there are a couple of 'em that the Pirates could handle easiily. Alcoa, Maryville, Smyrna, David Lipscomb, etc. would be more than they could handle generally. But, I've never seen a class A team that could have stood up to them Friday for a fact!!! I've only seen one player in the last several years with the speed that SP has and that was Marco Dailey at Mount Pleasant last week in Round 4. The only problem is that SP has 6-7 players that fast on the field at all times!!!!! They are the only team that I saw this season that was both big and much faster than we were all the way across the board.

Many South Pittsburg fans have said that this years team is the best Pirate team ever. Considering that they have 4 Gold Balls and (I think) 3 Silver Balls that's a pretty profound statement. I sure ain't gonna argue with them. Naturally, I would say that they would have problems with Huntingdon's championship team and a couple of Milan's teams that I've seen through the years too. But, never in class A or in West TN this season with the exceptions mentioned have I seen anyone better. Admittedly there are a couple of teams that I didn't see this season in other classes that might stack up but, going with what I did see this season I'll stick to that.

Anyway, if they cut us off before I get to say so, look foreward to talkin' with you and all the others next season. We got a lot of work to do over here to even get back in the hunt next season and after all this time, my mind and fingers need a little break to rest up too.

You are very right about that punt return wall. That was textbook. I wish it had been us doing it!!!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks. Before the game I said special teams would be a factor. Everybody focused on the inconsistency of our kicker but he does enough to get by and the team works very hard on special teams...every day. The coaches scheme the special teams for each opponent every week after looking at film...Did you notice how we were double teaming McKenzie's gunners on punts to block them better? It gave us some breathing room to catch the ball and set up a return. Of course it left us a little more vulnerable to a fake but we knew our speed advantage would help there

Mr. Mustang I agree with you, the most impressive player I saw was Tarrence Cobb of Fulton..AMAZING! Best team I saw (Didn't watch 5A game) was Maryville of course...Quickest QB was Cobb of Alcoa and Most Impressive passing QB was the kid from Maryville...Aaron Douglas from Maryville was AWESOME as well...who is he getting recruited by? has great build and would be a great TE at the next level!

And Friday we'll see what team talks the talk and what team walks the walk ...

I've made a note on my desk of your sign in name ... After Friday make sure and come back and visit ..

But remember what I said about not getting anywhere up the middle ... That way I won't have to refresh your memory /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Up the middle,right,left,circles it really didnt matter did it? I wanted to make sure you still had ny signon name that is sportman in care of the 1A STATE CHAMPIONS SOUTH PITTSBURG PIRATES! Or should I have said SPEED PITTSBURG!