South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

I just got back a little while ago from the games today. I enjoyed my trip last night. I watched all five state championship games and what someone said about SP was right. I have no doubt they could play with Alcoa, beat Goodpasture, beat Lipscomb, beat Fulton, and beat Independence. Smyrna was very athletic. That young lad that is going to Tennessee is the real deal. Also that freshman running back is going to be something else. With that said, SP totally dominated this game last night. I know there has been alot of talk about the game since it ended last night, but this is my first chance to post about it. I see that many McKenzie fans are getting filled up on crow today. I am glad to see that they just take it like a man and go on. McKenzie was NEVER in that game yesterday and I will have to say that surprised me. I watched the video clips of the website and felt like South Pittsburg would win by 28 but I didn't really look for them to hang 52 points on them. It looked to me that the speed factor was just way too much for McKenzie to overcome. That QB is a stud though. Are any colleges offering him yet? He has a big time arm.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guys i haven't said anything since the game, been busy. All I can say is the Pirates came out and played just as a new they could. I said it all year that Robert Robinson #24 was the man, and he definitely showed that both on offense and defense. SP played well on both sides of the ball. Special teams could use some work, but you don't see onside kicks often especially when you are used to blowing away your opponents directly from the start. Our Kickoff team did really well. Compliments to #25 Montrell Mitchell and #54 Jonathan Blevins. Those two are headhunters. Great job guys. Congrats to all the seniors. Cody #5, excellent season. I knew you were great at running the offense since the beginning during that game you came in and played against Lookout Valley when Jeremy Allison (#2 then) got hurt. My hats off to you. And also, congrats to Coach Grider and the staff. A standing ovation to each of you. It was great to see the single wing again.

Next to the Rebels, great season, and unfortunately there is always a winner and a loser on paper, but in my eyes all of you are winners for an outstanding season. I just want to say a couple of things about some of the players. #12 Carr, you have so much potential. Our defensive line and linebackers kept you scrambling all day, and you did a decent job of that. Very accurate throws, just a ton of dropped passes. Best of luck at the next level. Next, #40. Probably the best player on the field. Great job. I am a little confused as to why #33 was running the ball instead of #27. Maybe someone can answer that for me. As for Coach Comer and the staff, I could tell that you play calling was great on offense just too many dropped balls and no line control. Best of luck, I am sure you will have the Rebels back there in a year or two.

AGAIN, CONGRATS TO THE 2007 STATE CHAMPIONS------ SOUTH PITTSBURG PIRATES!!!!

SP had a great overall TEAM...I couldn't believe how quick they were and really wasn't expecting it all the much! The fumble from Rusty Chapman was really iffy but wouldn't have made a difference in the game as it was 28-0 when that occurred...South Pitt. put out an outstanding team to go 15-0 this year and Congrats to them on that!!!!

well guys i haven't said anything since the game, been busy. All I can say is the Pirates came out and played just as a new they could. I said it all year that Robert Robinson #24 was the man, and he definitely showed that both on offense and defense. SP played well on both sides of the ball. Special teams could use some work, but you don't see onside kicks often especially when you are used to blowing away your opponents directly from the start. Our Kickoff team did really well. Compliments to #25 Montrell Mitchell and #54 Jonathan Blevins. Those two are headhunters. Great job guys. Congrats to all the seniors. Cody #5, excellent season. I knew you were great at running the offense since the beginning during that game you came in and played against Lookout Valley when Jeremy Allison (#2 then) got hurt. My hats off to you. And also, congrats to Coach Grider and the staff. A standing ovation to each of you. It was great to see the single wing again.

Next to the Rebels, great season, and unfortunately there is always a winner and a loser on paper, but in my eyes all of you are winners for an outstanding season. I just want to say a couple of things about some of the players. #12 Carr, you have so much potential. Our defensive line and linebackers kept you scrambling all day, and you did a decent job of that. Very accurate throws, just a ton of dropped passes. Best of luck at the next level. Next, #40. Probably the best player on the field. Great job. I am a little confused as to why #33 was running the ball instead of #27. Maybe someone can answer that for me. As for Coach Comer and the staff, I could tell that you play calling was great on offense just too many dropped balls and no line control. Best of luck, I am sure you will have the Rebels back there in a year or two.

AGAIN, CONGRATS TO THE 2007 STATE CHAMPIONS------ SOUTH PITTSBURG PIRATES!!!!

Carr has some good offers out there for the next level. #40 is one of the most solid and dependable players we have on the field. Throughout the season all of these Rebels have had many great games. we don't like to single out one kid over the other. #27 is a sophmore and will be an awesome RB for us the next two seasons. However, #33 has also had his great moments for the Rebels. We "run what we brung" and it wasn't enough.

Someday we'll be back and we'll see what we can do then!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I just got back a little while ago from the games today. I enjoyed my trip last night. I watched all five state championship games and what someone said about SP was right. I have no doubt they could play with Alcoa, beat Goodpasture, beat Lipscomb, beat Fulton, and beat Independence. Smyrna was very athletic. That young lad that is going to Tennessee is the real deal. Also that freshman running back is going to be something else. With that said, SP totally dominated this game last night. I know there has been alot of talk about the game since it ended last night, but this is my first chance to post about it. I see that many McKenzie fans are getting filled up on crow today. I am glad to see that they just take it like a man and go on. McKenzie was NEVER in that game yesterday and I will have to say that surprised me. I watched the video clips of the website and felt like South Pittsburg would win by 28 but I didn't really look for them to hang 52 points on them. It looked to me that the speed factor was just way too much for McKenzie to overcome. That QB is a stud though. Are any colleges offering him yet? He has a big time arm.

They are a good team but don't see them beating all those teams you named. Even though I can see them competing in 2-A and even 3-A.

He's got a few offers (good ones too!), we'll see what happens.

Maybe he was a X ref. Got fired for sipping the corn. I am surprised he got by with it. I seen him staggering out the gate still cursing and complaining. I think he used the N word more than the highest memeber of the KKK, or skin head groups. Lucky he stayed on the Hampton side. They would have found him under the stands after the game. Anyone ever figure out what his problem was? I hope he didnt have a son playing for Hampton. If so I am sure he was embarrased. Nuts are everwhere.

MO$$$$, you should've seen the man at the 5A game tonight. He'd been sipping on some juice and tumbled down about three rows of bleachers and smacked into the concrete walkway! Do the drinkers only come out during the playoffs?

MO$$$$, you should've seen the man at the 5A game tonight. He'd been sipping on some juice and tumbled down about three rows of bleachers and smacked into the concrete walkway! Do the drinkers only come out during the playoffs?

Well at least he was in the stands and not next to the field cursing the refs. Too bad, he must have stayed to long at Toots. They are always out. I think they are just a tad more excited at the playoffs. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I want to see South Pittsburg play Maryville or Lipscomb.

Sorry but we don't want any of Maryville or Smyrna or Maplewood...SP ain't of beating any of them. Alcoa....hmmmm don't know...but it would be great game but they are very good.....we could play with them but in the end we lose...beside Symrna they are the only team as fast as we are this year.....Lipscomb, Fulton, Independence,Goodpasture...IMO we could beat all of them

#22 from Smyrna is amazing...wow!!!