South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

Here I Am Fatrock. Butchie Had To Work Today. I Went To Work And Stood In Front Of My Employees All 17 Of Them. I Told Them I Seen Probably The Best High School Team I Ever Saw Play For The State Title And Won It. They All Shook My Hand And Said Congratulations To Mckenzie. I Let It Go On A Lil And Then Told The Score. And They All Hooted And Cheered. Then I Said 20 Was Scored Against The Subs. They All Agreed It Was Awesome. Some Said They Wished They'd Seen It. And Then I Dropped The Bomb. Sorta Like Ya'll Did Last Night. I Told Them South Pittsburg Won. You Coulda Heard A Pin Drop. And Then They Said Dang Butchie I Thought You Said Ya'll Were Good. I Then Said We Are, But South Pitt Was Way Better.

But Hey For You Salt Rubbers I'll Be Around The Next Few Hours. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 Come Get Some. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

Old Pirate says we've all been wrong before and will again. OP really is not much of a meat eater so crow is diffently out. Sometimes......... we are warned but fail to truely comprehend the advise. Then suddenly it becomes crystal clear and you realize you've stepped into a world of trouble. The Rebels and all of it's fans should be very proud of this years team record and acheivements. That QB was very tuff and should be a good college player.

The SP team last year was young and fans had to eat "a lot " of crow after the defeat to Gville.

Old Pirate says this has been a great season for... SP and........... McKenzie.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says we've all been wrong before and will again. OP really is not much of a meat eater so crow is diffently out. Sometimes......... we are warned but fail to truely comprehend the advise. Then suddenly it becomes crystal clear and you realize you've stepped into a world of trouble. The Rebels and all of it's fans should be very proud of this years team record and acheivements. That QB was very tuff and should be a good college player.

The SP team last year was young and fans had to eat "a lot " of crow after the defeat to Gville.

Old Pirate says this has been a great season for... SP and........... McKenzie.

Congratulations To A Very Exceptional Team. Mckenzie's Wounds Are Already Healing. We're Planning On Whippin Alot Of Teams West Of Ya'll Next Season As Well. Everyone West Of Ya'll Are Gonna Wish We Had Won After The Whippin We Took Last Night. But I Think If We Played Yall 50 Times We Might, Nah We Wouldn't Win A Single one. What A Team Ya'll Have. Glad I Got To See Ya Play. And We'll Go Back To Work And Try To Get Better. But You Gotta Love High School Football. And Chatting With People As Yourself Is A Big Reward In Itself. Congrats Again. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

Mo Money, i'm not tryin to argue that South Pitt would be able to beat Alcoa. But I stand by what I said that Alcoa toyed with goodpasture, and that South Pitt toyed with McKenzie. I think that South Pitt could have played a better game against Alcoa than Goodpasture did. Thats all i'm trying to claim.

And to answer your question, when i saw Alcoa and Marryville play I was struck with a revelation that there was more talent and discipline on the field than on Saturdays at Neyland stadium. Thats what shocked me so much, it wasn't the size of the lineman (not huge), or the speed of the players (who were fast), it was that there was almost no mistakes. No miscues in playcalling. Few penalties. They knew exactly what they were doing on each and every play and they did it without hesitation. I had not seen a high school football team that was so disciplined in every area.

I agree with that statement. Goodpasture is down a bit as late. Yes I think SP could play with Goodpasture this year. I dont know about winning but they would be able to hang. Like you said. Alcoa was toying with them. It could have been a lot worse if they turned up the heat. Which they didnt have to do. Have to hand it to Alcoa. They have what it takes to stay on top. Notice the freshmen in the game for Alcoa? They will be a force for a while to come. Thats why TC moved to 3A and not 2A. Which they will do again if they go over in numbers. Thats why SC is always behind the eightball. Remember SC skunked TC this year. They never reached the Alcoa bracket. TC hung tough with the Pirates. So its a no brainer. Thats what I am saying.

My second team to support is the Pirates by the way. I have a SP QB club T shirt to prove it. I like their program and fan support. I also have a few new friends there. I am proud of what they accomplished. It was a total community effort. Something missing in a lot of areas.

I will warn you of this. Watch out for TC next year. They are loading up.

South Pittsburg is without a doubt the best single A team in Tennessee. Had McKenzie played their A game, the score would have been a little closer, but the Pirates would have still won. Great season Rebels. When you walk by the trophy case and see the silver ball, let it not only serve as a reminder of how far the program has come but let it also remind you there is work to be done. Two travesties: 1.That no running back from the Pirate team was named Mr. Football and 2.Murfreesboro seems unable to handle the traffic and the parking of a Friday afternoon game. Again, congratulations to the Rebels for a great season and to the South Pittsburg Pirates for claiming the single A state title.

For sure, South Pittsburg would have won even if we had played at our best. It just wouldn't have looked and felt quite so bad. The parking thing was pretty ugly unless you wanted to walk 2 miles!!!! I can only imagine what it's like today!!!!! We are VERY proud of our Rebels for what they accomplished this season. Awesome season here!!!

South Pittsburg is the real deal. I won't get into all the comparisons going around right now but the Pirates could handle any of the AA and AAA teams around in west TN and prolly most of the AAAA teams. I may get blasted for saying that but, I know what I saw yesterday!!!

My favorite play of the game was the 2 point conversion late. South Pittsburg lines up and then shifts into the single wing. QB turns side saddle. The old 46 in honor of Coach Don Grider. A great tribute to a great man. I wish it would have worked better but I know that South Pittsburg a Pirate in the sky looking down smiling.

Congratulations to Vic, Heath and all of the staff and players. Thanks for the memories of a great season. I am already looking forward to next year.

McKenzie, don't hang your heads. There were 62 other teams in 1A that wish they could have been where you guys were. Go out next year and work hard. I hope that yours will come one day. Good season and good luck to you guys in the future.

Drunken Sailor, To be honest, I do not know of any team that would have wanted to be where McKenzie was, getting beat to death in front of all those people and on television across the state. I was happy to take our beating from the Pirates this year in front of a small crowd at Beene Stadium and watch everyone else get theirs. I was glad to not have been there, unless of course, I was a Pirate. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Drunken Sailor, To be honest, I do not know of any team that would have wanted to be where McKenzie was, getting beat to death in front of all those people and on television across the state. I was happy to take our beating from the Pirates this year in front of a small crowd at Beene Stadium and watch everyone else get theirs. I was glad to not have been there, unless of course, I was a Pirate. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

It Was Rough http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

First of all, a big congrats to boith teams to making it to the finals. That said, I think the best team in TN 1A took it home. As a Hampton fan, I was really impressed with the talent that South Pitt put on the field. The back Robinson was an unstoppable force. If we had to lose, at least we lost to the best team in the state. Congratulations to the S. Pitt Pirates, you guys had an amazing year.

Congratulations South Pittsburg. What an incredible thing to win the state championshiop - again! The other thing that was as incredible was the support from your town, the parade, the noise, the fireworks, etc. It is a great thing to win the title, it is also great that fans came out with such overwhelming support. They need some applause.

A couple of you Hampton fans have commented saying that last weeks game was the championship game and that the best teams in the state are from the east. I know you are just trying to make yourselves feel better but I just wanted to point out that the championship game was last night - not last week, and you were watching it on television just like every other team that got whipped by SP. You were not the team playing McKenzie yesterday, it was SP, and to be honest, I am not sure you could have beaten McKenzie. You narrowly missed getting the same beat down last week that McKenzie received. Quit robbing McKenzie of the respect and honor they have earned and they deserved.

Now, I am sure that all you of 1A teams feel sorry for the rest of us Region Three teams, right?

Congratulations To A Very Exceptional Team. Mckenzie's Wounds Are Already Healing. We're Planning On Whippin Alot Of Teams West Of Ya'll Next Season As Well. Everyone West Of Ya'll Are Gonna Wish We Had Won After The Whippin We Took Last Night. But I Think If We Played Yall 50 Times We Might, Nah We Wouldn't Win A Single one. What A Team Ya'll Have. Glad I Got To See Ya Play. And We'll Go Back To Work And Try To Get Better. But You Gotta Love High School Football. And Chatting With People As Yourself Is A Big Reward In Itself. Congrats Again. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

Good post Butchie!!! And I agree with you completely. It has been a fun week talking with the SP faithful and my congrats again to all of ya'll on your big win yesterday. I don't know when we'll be back to the show but, the sooner the better!!! Good luck to both teams. It was great to be there yesterday.

One thing is glaringly apparent after yesterday. If a team is lacking in ANY single way, a state championship is pretty much out of the question. This time it was the overall speed that did the Rebels in. We had appeared to be pretty quick from top to bottom all season untill we met the Pirates!!! WOW!!!!

I know you are just trying to make yourselves feel better but I just wanted to point out that the championship game was last night - not last week, and you were watching it on television just like every other team that got whipped by SP.

So your saying that a game where South Pitt could have won 100 - 0 was the state championship? When you look at the other 4 playoff games they played and the only one that could have been that bad was FCS. Trousdale, Gordonsville, and Hampton all stayed close and unlike last night those games weren't over until the 4th quarter. I understand what your saying and there have been some years where the team that loses in the burro is silver, but when the score in the burro is that bad? I don't understand your logic...

Either way, #2 don't matter, South Pitt is the unanimous #1 Congrats

Congratulations South Pittsburg. What an incredible thing to win the state championshiop - again! The other thing that was as incredible was the support from your town, the parade, the noise, the fireworks, etc. It is a great thing to win the title, it is also great that fans came out with such overwhelming support. They need some applause.

A couple of you Hampton fans have commented saying that last weeks game was the championship game and that the best teams in the state are from the east. I know you are just trying to make yourselves feel better but I just wanted to point out that the championship game was last night - not last week, and you were watching it on television just like every other team that got whipped by SP. You were not the team playing McKenzie yesterday, it was SP, and to be honest, I am not sure you could have beaten McKenzie. You narrowly missed getting the same beat down last week that McKenzie received. Quit robbing McKenzie of the respect and honor they have earned and they deserved.

Now, I am sure that all you of 1A teams feel sorry for the rest of us Region Three teams, right?

very classy post just like the s. pitts fans and team. good luck you deserve the gold ball.

Here I Am Fatrock. Butchie Had To Work Today. I Went To Work And Stood In Front Of My Employees All 17 Of Them. I Told Them I Seen Probably The Best High School Team I Ever Saw Play For The State Title And Won It. They All Shook My Hand And Said Congratulations To Mckenzie. I Let It Go On A Lil And Then Told The Score. And They All Hooted And Cheered. Then I Said 20 Was Scored Against The Subs. They All Agreed It Was Awesome. Some Said They Wished They'd Seen It. And Then I Dropped The Bomb. Sorta Like Ya'll Did Last Night. I Told Them South Pittsburg Won. You Coulda Heard A Pin Drop. And Then They Said Dang Butchie I Thought You Said Ya'll Were Good. I Then Said We Are, But South Pitt Was Way Better.

But Hey For You Salt Rubbers I'll Be Around The Next Few Hours. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 Come Get Some. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

BUTCHIE GOOD TO SEE U BACK THOUGHT U MIGHT BE IN SHOCK OR LOCKED UP. HOWS THE OLD LADY OK I HOPE. HOW DID U FIX THAT CROW. GLAD TO SEE U BACK LIKE A MAN. YOUR ALRIGHT I DONT CARE WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT U. HERE COMES THE SALT. PIRATES-52 REBELS-20 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR