South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

I dont see spitt being Cocky.. as you may or may not have seen.. alot of posters on the spitt thread are Tc gordonsvilel FCS and even Hampton.. Lookout valley marion cnty.. and others telling you spitt is just that good... most dont believe it just as i see soem Mckenzies dont believe aint no way another team can have as much speed as us.. well wait and see

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after reading many post on how explosive each offense is, it doestn't take a Wannbe to realize this game is going to straight come down to defense and who can contain the others offense. I agree with what a poster said to SP and the same goes to McKenzie, that initial hit on the back/receiver has got to be the wrap up and the other 10 jerseys need to be the bring down and forget about stripping the football. Also, it could come down to the legs of the kicker? Does SP have a strong kicking game? McKenzie has a pretty good one in Harris Laughrey. He can hit 45 yarders but is very strong from 40 in.

I just hope both teams play a great game and are injury free. This is something all of these young men will remember for the rest of their lives.

LEAVE IT ALL ON THE TURF REBELS!!!!! NO MORE WEEKS TO GO!!!!!

MRP!!!!

Kicking a field goal against South Pitt is like taking a knife to a gun fight, you better get you a 1st down ans score a td,if not you just lost 4 points. Another thing is ,you have a double edged sword, kick the ball deep to them and there is a good chance ,the next time you see them ,they will be in the end zone, kick it short and give them good field position and you find yourself in another mess, once they get a 1st down or so, they can go for it 4 downs. The best any only chance Isee for Mckenzie is to score every time and hope for a turnover.And yes South Pitt could score against Maryville. Sullivan South scored 21 on um and their offense isn't as explosive as South Pitts. You are gettng ahold of a grizzly bear with pms.. This bunch can , put it up the field.

The Spread? What are you talking about. Mckenzie probably runs the ball 70% of the time. If thats the spread then I haven't watched many games this year. Mckenzie can score from many positions and have. We can run the ball up the gut or we can throw it for 70 easy. Carr can throw the ball over 65 yards with pin point accarucy. Keep thinking we run the spread and you will be surprised friday.

Ya know as i just stated on another thread abotu Mckenzie.. I see a few Mckenzie fans say they are being told they are Lucky and overratted.. i have not seen not one pirate fan say that.... i know myself you have a awesoem team if not you would not be here...... so get off that band wagon and stop trying to get people fired up by repeating it as to say your not., we know your not lucky we know your not overratted.. this town has about 4,200 people in it and the talk is football.... like you have never seen... the majority of folks are scared to death of Mckenzie... one because your unknown to many and they know you are good to get this far..... AND we know you are quick.... BUT being quick isnt like being wow fast... Pujo i didnt get to meet you at the Hampton game although i wanted too. I meet Mo$$ he is a class act.... but Pujo you just hit the nail on the head... if you kick to us . i look for it ot be returned at any time.. ask Hampton they kicked a cpl 3 times and we started around the 50 every time because thay made a shoestring tackle a cpl times to ssave a TD.. but that only delays things for a few minutes or seconds... no matter were spitt is on the field they are a threat to score at any time wiether its 99 yards or 3 yard's.... if i was a coach from another Team id need Rogain by now and new finger nail's... not to say i dont need rogain anyway lol

Ya know as i just stated on another thread abotu Mckenzie.. I see a few Mckenzie fans say they are being told they are Lucky and overratted.. i have not seen not one pirate fan say that.... i know myself you have a awesoem team if not you would not be here...... so get off that band wagon and stop trying to get people fired up by repeating it as to say your not., we know your not lucky we know your not overratted.. this town has about 4,200 people in it and the talk is football.... like you have never seen... the majority of folks are scared to death of Mckenzie... one because your unknown to many and they know you are good to get this far..... AND we know you are quick.... BUT being quick isnt like being wow fast... Pujo i didnt get to meet you at the Hampton game although i wanted too. I meet Mo$$ he is a class act.... but Pujo you just hit the nail on the head... if you kick to us . i look for it ot be returned at any time.. ask Hampton they kicked a cpl 3 times and we started around the 50 every time because thay made a shoestring tackle a cpl times to ssave a TD.. but that only delays things for a few minutes or seconds... no matter were spitt is on the field they are a threat to score at any time wiether its 99 yards or 3 yard's.... if i was a coach from another Team id need Rogain by now and new finger nail's... not to say i dont need rogain anyway lol

Geno, I wish I could have met you also, I stood and talked with The Legend himself for quite a while. I just tell things the way I see it , Icould be totally wrong. I do think Mckenzie is a good team, but you have to be nearly perfect or get several breaks to beat South Pitt. Another thing, and I said this several weeks ago,South Pitt has been through a guantlet ,one heck of a task going through these 4 teams. I just don't think Mckenzie quite understands. I just about believe this game may turn out like the Trousdale , Union City game from a couple of years ago. IF South Pitt can get a couple of stops early, this game will get out of hand in a hurry.

Geno, I wish I could have met you also, I stood and talked with The Legend himself for quite a while. I just tell things the way I see it , Icould be totally wrong. I do think Mckenzie is a good team, but you have to be nearly perfect or get several breaks to beat South Pitt. Another thing, and I said this several weeks ago,South Pitt has been through a guantlet ,one heck of a task going through these 4 teams. I just don't think Mckenzie quite understands. I just about believe this game may turn out like the Trousdale , Union City game from a couple of years ago. IF South Pitt can get a couple of stops early, this game will get out of hand in a hurry.

I totally agree.. I myself have not met The Legend but look foward to it.. If Mckenzie stumbles a little this game will be over fast.. I agree.

Pujo how does this year's SP team match up with TC in '05? I seen UC in '05 & McKenzie this year and McKenzie is better than UC in '05. I say McKenzie is better because their offense is much more balanced compared to UC's. UC probably had more size but McKenzie has more speed overall. Someone further out West (like PurpleandGold) may have a better idea on this than I do but I say McKenzie is better than UC in '05.

but that can come to a stop Friday. When McKenzie is coming back to the west with that gold ball............ thats CONFIDENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not unless they hang around and play for the 2a ball but I'll bet the Rebs will be too tired to take on both 2a teams back to back. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Not unless they hang around and play for the 2a ball but I'll bet the Rebs will be too tired to take on both 2a teams back to back. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

They are bring the 1a gold ball home......................... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I totally agree.. I myself have not met The Legend but look foward to it.. If Mckenzie stumbles a little this game will be over fast.. I agree.

Hey Geno and all Pirate fans. I have been going to Pirate games all my life and have missed very few games. And although I don't think this team is as good as the 1994 team, not that I was partial to that team /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> , they are definitely good and will win Friday night. They proved how good they were last week with their win over Hampton, who had size and speed. I don't know anything about McKenzie, except they are the best team in the west, but South Pittsburg will win. And I am not saying that to be cocky toward anyone, but it should be a good game. GO PIRATES!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />