South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

I'm glad It Wasn't Me. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 You Seem like A Very Formidable Opponent Yourself. And Mckenzie Wishes The Same For South Pitt. We're Just Happy To Be Here. But We Do Intend On Taking This Championship With Us. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

And Congratulations On Being The Mother Of A Champ. I'm A Man But I'm Called Mother On Several Occasions Throughout The Week. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

I know you all are happy to be in the championship game. We were the first to win under this format in'69. I remember it well. We have been there many times since. I am just as happy this year as I was the first. We are the only school that has competed for the state championship at least once in each decade since TSSAA started this classification format in 1969. Gets no less exciting.

Sorry about someone calling you names. Shame on them!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pittsburg Pirates and the McKenzie Rebels take the field Friday afternoon for the right to be the Champions of 1A football. I hope the Rebels win the game. I am not going to degrade South Pittsburg in any way, as they have proved that they have a quality football team. Both teams playing in the Championship Game are winners, one will leave with the Gold ball and the other with the Silver ball. There are great fans from both communities and there are fans from both communities that are trying to stir up trouble and cause hard feelings. I hope this is a great game and an injury free ballgame and may the best team on the field Friday win. I hope to meet some of the great fans from South Pittsburg and hopefully both fans can recognize the talent on both teams. McKenzie has had to put up with trash talking the whole season such as overrated, lucky and going to choke. I am sure that South Pittsburg has heard some of the same remarks. Good luck to the Pirates and I hope the Rebels can win this game.

Maverick good post......... Come friday I know that I will have to come on here and say great game to the winner.

I'm not trying to stir anything up. I'm one of them that has been saying Mckenzie was over-rated. I was at the Mt. Pleasant Game and was pulling for the Rebels.....................Both teams that walk out on that field friday are the two best 1a teams in Tenn. All this is just in fun for a fan of foot ball. I do wish the best to both teams and a injury free game..........

I'll talk to dad whenever he gets in and I'll ask. I've also had some people ask me about fan buses going to the game. I'm under the assumption that somebody might take a church bus but I'll let yall know as soon as I find out.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks and tell your dad that to let the guys know that McKenzie is coming to support them!!!! It sounds like it's gonna be a ghost town around here Friday!!!! We're all proud of 'em!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Zone, I like our chances either way. I have to believe the leadership on this team is focused and ready to bring home the gold BALL

I Thnk It Will Be Closer game Than What Is Posted. The Winner Will Be Who Makes The Biggest Mistake Late In The Game. Or Who Scores Last.

I think it will only be 3 point difference. In the score 38 to 35. Mckenzie over South Pitt.

I really Don't See How We Can Win When They Art Gonna Score Every Time They Tough It. And With Them Intercepting Our Passes And Scoring On Them. And Running Back Kicks And Punts For Touchdowns. Ya'll Didn't Do It Against Hampton. Or Was That A Down Night? http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

I promised myself I wouldnt get into or even mingle with those who try to stir the pot but I have to reply on this one because I was there. We didnt because the caoch who made the statement in the newspaper that they would definetly kick it deep to the pirates for some reason (trying to be positive about this) couldnt get his kicker and punter to kick or punt the ball to us deep. And yes my freind we did intercept a couple. But this reponse is no bad reflection on hampton they had great team, Wouldnt be so much better if we could keep this thread between the two teams that matter. Be proud of the Rebels they have made a great achievment getting to the championship. Win or Lose Friday they will be two teams walk out of the BORO champions. I hate to seem like I am defending the pirates but all I see is the pirates talking about what their team is capable of. They have a right to be proud of their team as well do you. Your fans should be telling the world how good they are and what they are capable of but for some reason the rebels refuse to tell anyone how good thier team is or what their young men may do if given the oppurtunity. Rebels I read an article on your website or your local paper can't remember which, and it basically was asking where are the fans on Friday when the Rebels were beating up on all these teams. Maybe I can offer a suggestion how about not keeping your teams abilitys and successes a secret as if you are ashamed of them and your fans may find a reason to come support you earlier in the season. Their is nothing conceded about being proud. Thats why So pitt is always bragging on their boys not to disrespect the other team, just to show appreciation for the hard work thier team has put in to accomplishing what they have. Give your team credit we have.

I promised myself I wouldnt get into or even mingle with those who try to stir the pot but I have to reply on this one because I was there. We didnt because the caoch who made the statement in the newspaper that they would definetly kick it deep to the pirates for some reason (trying to be positive about this) couldnt get his kicker and punter to kick or punt the ball to us deep. And yes my freind we did intercept a couple. But this reponse is no bad reflection on hampton they had great team, Wouldnt be so much better if we could keep this thread between the two teams that matter. Be proud of the Rebels they have made a great achievment getting to the championship. Win or Lose Friday they will be two teams walk out of the BORO champions. I hate to seem like I am defending the pirates but all I see is the pirates talking about what their team is capable of. They have a right to be proud of their team as well do you. Your fans should be telling the world how good they are and what they are capable of but for some reason the rebels refuse to tell anyone how good thier team is or what their young men may do if given the oppurtunity. Rebels I read an article on your website or your local paper can't remember which, and it basically was asking where are the fans on Friday when the Rebels were beating up on all these teams. Maybe I can offer a suggestion how about not keeping your teams abilitys and successes a secret as if you are ashamed of them and your fans may find a reason to come support you earlier in the season. Their is nothing conceded about being proud. Thats why So pitt is always bragging on their boys not to disrespect the other team, just to show appreciation for the hard work thier team has put in to accomplishing what they have. Give your team credit we have.

I guess I should have tried the spell check function but you get the point!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You haven't been out of West Tennessee much. I have seen some cocky teams from the west a few times though. SP isn't Cocky, just confident.

Sorry Butchie, someone else on here has "ticked" me off and I don't mean to sound ugly to you but no, we did not play as well as I think we are capable of last Friday night. I know this is gonna be a battle and like someone else said earlier, our game could be one of the best you could ever hope to see. Being the mother of a former state champ, I wish your team the best of luck and hope no one on either team is injured. To all the mom's....you are about to experience one of the most exciting and of course most nervous situations of your child's school career. You WILL be talking about it win or lose for years to come. Believe me, I have experienced both.

There is no doubt you are right about that.

This is McKenzie's first trip to the 'Boro (or any other state championship football game) and even us FORMER Rebels are equally torn up about this. Our belief is that the Rebels will represent us well. If we didn't believe we had a shot at winning this thing most would stay home and listen to it or watch on TV. We'll leave it all on the field. Good luck to both teams and all players to stay healthy.

I promised myself I wouldnt get into or even mingle with those who try to stir the pot but I have to reply on this one because I was there. We didnt because the caoch who made the statement in the newspaper that they would definetly kick it deep to the pirates for some reason (trying to be positive about this) couldnt get his kicker and punter to kick or punt the ball to us deep. And yes my freind we did intercept a couple. But this reponse is no bad reflection on hampton they had great team, Wouldnt be so much better if we could keep this thread between the two teams that matter. Be proud of the Rebels they have made a great achievment getting to the championship. Win or Lose Friday they will be two teams walk out of the BORO champions. I hate to seem like I am defending the pirates but all I see is the pirates talking about what their team is capable of. They have a right to be proud of their team as well do you. Your fans should be telling the world how good they are and what they are capable of but for some reason the rebels refuse to tell anyone how good thier team is or what their young men may do if given the oppurtunity. Rebels I read an article on your website or your local paper can't remember which, and it basically was asking where are the fans on Friday when the Rebels were beating up on all these teams. Maybe I can offer a suggestion how about not keeping your teams abilitys and successes a secret as if you are ashamed of them and your fans may find a reason to come support you earlier in the season. Their is nothing conceded about being proud. Thats why So pitt is always bragging on their boys not to disrespect the other team, just to show appreciation for the hard work thier team has put in to accomplishing what they have. Give your team credit we have. I guess I should have tried the spell check function but you get the point!

All I can say is that a true Pirate supports our team, win or lose, good or bad. We all have our opinion of whatever the situation may be. Some second guess coaches' calls some don't. If I do, I keep it to myself for I do not have the training these coaches have to become a coach. I have followed Pirate athletics all my life, I am the mother of a former champion Pirate and will be a PROUD PIRATE til I draw my last breath. Unfortunately, we have the same type folks in South Pittsburg, some follow all the time win or lose, others come out only when we are winning. I have seen it all my life, it will always be that way. BUT, the kids are the ones performing and they DO deserve any and all credit they get while winning and encouragement when they may be down. None of them go on the field or the court with the intentions of losing whatever game they are playing. South Pittsburg is a proud town and most definitely support our kids.

There is no doubt you are right about that.

This is McKenzie's first trip to the 'Boro (or any other state championship football game) and even us FORMER Rebels are equally torn up about this. Our belief is that the Rebels will represent us well. If we didn't believe we had a shot at winning this thing most would stay home and listen to it or watch on TV. We'll leave it all on the field. Good luck to both teams and all players to stay healthy.

just curious...how far are you all from M'boro?

Here are the signs posted on the marquee of the Princess Theater in downtown South Pittsburg

Coming in to town

And leaving town

Wow, ya'll even got a theater!!!!!!!!!! We ain't got one of them!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Our Police Dept. is gonna take care of the lights here in town (if they don't call in sick and go with us!!) We don't even have to worry about our Arnold. We BBQ'd him at the stadium dedication.

Not picking on anyone here or being sarcastic. Actually, I 'm telling it like it is here in McKenzie. This is a fun week here in town and I hope it is in S. Pitt. too (I'm sure it is!!)

But, we ARE serious about this game also!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINISH THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!