South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

Pujo, Old Pirate likes you more all the time. That is some funny stuff, one quote OP will have to remember & use. The SP folks sure the kind words the kids are getting. A kind thank you from this Old Pirate.

Old Pirate has to go shopping this after noon with the boss. OP hates to admit that, but OP knows where his bread is buttered.

OP, I can't believe you admitted to this on here. You know you were going to catch some flack for going shopping with the wifee. I guess you better as much as you say she uses those frying pans on you. I guess you can only take so much of those head bangings. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got through viewing interviews with South Pittsburg Coach Grider and Mr. Football nominee Robinson and all I can say is that they are two class individuals. They showed nothing but class talking about their Pirates and the McKenzie Rebels. Check out the interviews of Grider, Robinson, Comer and Carr on the McKenzie website, you won't believe the respect both coaches have for the other schools football program.

I just got through viewing interviews with South Pittsburg Coach Grider and Mr. Football nominee Robinson and all I can say is that they are two class individuals. They showed nothing but class talking about their Pirates and the McKenzie Rebels. Check out the interviews of Grider, Robinson, Comer and Carr on the McKenzie website, you won't believe the respect both coaches have for the other schools football program.

Can you post that link to the website again? Thanks

I don't know duckman, it may just be me, but does practicing on another turf field really prepare you? Me personally, would rather just hit the field and play. What do you think? Do you run faster or slower on turf? Is it harder to make cuts? Can you jump higher off the ground to intercept or swat down passes? Is it easier to kick an onside kick? What makes turf better than grass other than maintenance?

Heck, I don't know PM. I've walked on Bethel's field and sure wish I could have played on something like that. Since it's supposed to be rainy Friday I wish we were on grass though myself. Teams practice on it when they are gonna play on it just to acquaint themselve with it. But better, who knows. We have both done what we do all season on grass and now all of a sudden things will be different to some extent. I've never seen us play on turf so I have no idea what difference it will make to us but, most of the players seem to like it!?

The turf?? Finley is brand new (less than a year) so it is more modern but the feel should be similar. We played one game at Finley this year and are practicing tomorrow on it so we will have a pretty good feel for it. It should help our speedHad a real good practice todayNot me...I drive a Dodge

Thanks Zone. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Heck, I don't know PM. I've walked on Bethel's field and sure wish I could have played on something like that. Since it's supposed to be rainy Friday I wish we were on grass though myself. Teams practice on it when they are gonna play on it just to acquaint themselve with it. But better, who knows. We have both done what we do all season on grass and now all of a sudden things will be different to some extent. I've never seen us play on turf so I have no idea what difference it will make to us but, most of the players seem to like it!?

pray that the weather will change by Friday...during '94 state championship game, we sat thru rain, sleet and snow. Put the Pirates prevailed over Lake County and Jewel Flowers.

I promised myself I wouldnt get into or even mingle with those who try to stir the pot but I have to reply on this one because I was there. We didnt because the caoch who made the statement in the newspaper that they would definetly kick it deep to the pirates for some reason (trying to be positive about this) couldnt get his kicker and punter to kick or punt the ball to us deep. And yes my freind we did intercept a couple. But this reponse is no bad reflection on hampton they had great team, Wouldnt be so much better if we could keep this thread between the two teams that matter. Be proud of the Rebels they have made a great achievment getting to the championship. Win or Lose Friday they will be two teams walk out of the BORO champions. I hate to seem like I am defending the pirates but all I see is the pirates talking about what their team is capable of. They have a right to be proud of their team as well do you. Your fans should be telling the world how good they are and what they are capable of but for some reason the rebels refuse to tell anyone how good thier team is or what their young men may do if given the oppurtunity. Rebels I read an article on your website or your local paper can't remember which, and it basically was asking where are the fans on Friday when the Rebels were beating up on all these teams. Maybe I can offer a suggestion how about not keeping your teams abilitys and successes a secret as if you are ashamed of them and your fans may find a reason to come support you earlier in the season. Their is nothing conceded about being proud. Thats why So pitt is always bragging on their boys not to disrespect the other team, just to show appreciation for the hard work thier team has put in to accomplishing what they have. Give your team credit we have. I guess I should have tried the spell check function but you get the point!

The Rebel fans posting on here generally haven't missed a game. There were a few games toward the end of the seasno that the crowd fell off and it was disturbing to us who were there as well as the team. BUT, all season long, the Rebels have done their talking on the field. We

ve supported them and let them do their own "talking"!!! We could TELL you how good they are all week but, instead we gave ya'll a website to go and see for yourself what the Rebels are about.

Bottom line, we love our Rebels and believe in them and have made that point clear on coachT all season. We just feel that this is a point in the season where respect and discretion between fans is pretty much earned by each team and after all it IS the two teams that will be playing Friday and not us. Trust me, McKenzie will have a representative presence at Murfreesboro Friday!!!!