South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

I don't think they have attempted a field goal since Mike Jackson kicked in 1999. And I believe that was the first time they kicked a field goal since Clint Smith kicked 1 in 1990. So as things like that go, we are not due another field goal for another 2 years at least.

We haven't had the need to kick a field goal in the last few years and we don't punt much but we do practice both every day. McKinney is not consistant and doesn't have a huge leg but he can kick a reasonable field goal if we had to try one. He could get it done if we need him

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ole Pujo says, he does do his homework,ole Pujo say Hampton was a 2 td underdog and Gordonsville was a 3 td underdog. These ratings get unbelievably good this time of year. They did miss the Friendship game pretty badly. They were also very close on the Trousdale game. Ole Pujo says ,he don't care if anyone thinks they are right or not, ole Pujo has learned this over the years .

It doesn't look like they get pretty good with the predictions from my stand point. We were 1 pt underdogs at home against Cascade and we won big, 12pt dogs at Jo Byrns and won by 10, and then a 10pt dog at McKenzie. They weren't even close on any of these.

A little background for the folks from the West about why this group of kids expect to win every time they step on the field. The winning ways for this group of kids didn't start this year. The Jr High program is 32-1 over the last 4 years and 52-4 over the last 7 years. During the last 4 seasons the Jr High has gone undefeated during the regular season and won the conference championship 3 of the last 4 years. These kids have won the conference championship 4 out of the last 6 years. Many of these kids have played together all the way through Little League with similar winning records back then. And don't think it stops with this year...besides the Jr High going 9-0 this season the 11-12 year old Little League team went 10-0 and won their conference championship. We just don't take losing very well here in South Pittsburg...at any age...so we just win...cocky??...yea a little ...swagger??..you bet

It doesn't really matter about middle school when you get to high school. This group of seniors at Mt.Pleasant went 1 and 5 or 6 in middle school. Over their 4 years in high school they combined for a total of 45 wins and only 9 losses. Playing a total of 54 games in 4 years. Not many 1A schools can boast that many games played or wins in 4 years. McKenzie beat a darn good team. If they have any gas left they will take this one.

I have been reading alot the last few days and not posting. I guess it is time too. This is going to be one heck of a ballgame. Why I say this is from watching South Pittsburg all season and viewing the film on McKenzie, I see things that both teams will exploit. I think SP will see the best quarterback they have seen all year. Carr throws very accurate and has several good receivers. SP's defense will be tested more in this game than any other. McKenzie will see a team with 4 guys that could be up for Mr. Football. Robert is the leader and workhorse on this team, but the Rebels will have to stop all of these guys to have a chance to win this game. I don't think the Rebels have seen a group of backs with this much speed and toughness all year. With that said, I will make a prediction on this game. I see it being a dogfight the whole first half, but by the end of the third quarter, I see the Pirates pulling away winning 35-21.

GO PIRATES!!!!!!

It doesn't really matter about middle school when you get to high school. This group of seniors at Mt.Pleasant went 1 and 5 or 6 in middle school. Over their 4 years in high school they combined for a total of 45 wins and only 9 losses. Playing a total of 54 games in 4 years. Not many 1A schools can boast that many games played or wins in 4 years. McKenzie beat a darn good team. If they have any gas left they will take this one.

If you will read my post I was actually talking about having a winning mentality not so much about how many wins they had. But I have disagree....it sure does matter. When the Jr High runs the same O and D and the calls and practice procedures are based off of the HS scheme the kids come in ahead of the game. If you do this consistently for years you build a solid program.

Was Dailey not on those middle school teams??? I sure don't see him being stopped at that level. He is the difference between MP having a good team and just an average team.

Old Pirate says thanks Old Warrior for the response. SP and Jasper have always been like two bothers fighting over the last piece of bread. That said, both have always had respect for each other and generally enjoy rattling each other's cage. This whole valley can/has repeatly stood tall all over the state about the great football tradition found here.

Our former coach/principal and a former warrior/vol often referred to a friday night win as bringing home the bacon.

OP says valley fans will turn out and support this years county/valley state title contender and bring the bacon "back home" to the valley.

We will let you have the bacon, but it will be that turkey bacon. Because the REBELS are going to bring the hole hog back to Mckenzie......................................................We not want just the bacon we want the hole hog....................

I have been reading alot the last few days and not posting. I guess it is time too. This is going to be one heck of a ballgame. Why I say this is from watching South Pittsburg all season and viewing the film on McKenzie, I see things that both teams will exploit. I think SP will see the best quarterback they have seen all year. Carr throws very accurate and has several good receivers. SP's defense will be tested more in this game than any other. McKenzie will see a team with 4 guys that could be up for Mr. Football. Robert is the leader and workhorse on this team, but the Rebels will have to stop all of these guys to have a chance to win this game. I don't think the Rebels have seen a group of backs with this much speed and toughness all year. With that said, I will make a prediction on this game. I see it being a dogfight the whole first half, but by the end of the third quarter, I see the Pirates pulling away winning 35-21.

GO PIRATES!!!!!!

We might not have faced four good backs in one game but we did face Marco Daily and Mr. Harper from Peabody and we did very well against them and most of the time we are a second half team like fourth quarter. I think we will be ok, if yall get two or two fifty rushing i think we will still be ok and be able to pull this one off and pull the upset.........................................................................GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We might not have faced four good backs in one game but we did face Marco Daily and Mr. Harper from Peabody and we did very well against them and most of the time we are a second half team like fourth quarter. I think we will be ok, if yall get two or two fifty rushing i think we will still be ok and be able to pull this one off and pull the upset.........................................................................GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dailey ripped ya'll for 294 yrds rushing (out of 297 team yards) and everybody knew he was getting the ball...if that is what you consider doing very well you are in for a long night

If I was Mckenzie I would not be as worried about SP's speed as I would their physical line and running game up the middle. SP is not as fast as they like to think because if they were they would have ran down Hampton's RB down on the long td run. Our tailback had time to fumble the ball pick it up and still get into the end zone. Don't get me wrong they are a quick team but it??™s not the best thing they have going for them.

Newbee, if I remember correctly, we have been averaging about 300-400 yards rushing during the playoffs. This is due to facing better competion and leaving the starters in all 4 quarters. I know that the Rebels are a good team, but I don't see them holding the Pirates to 250 yards rushing. If they do they will deserve the state title. On the other hand, if SP can slow down McKenzie's dual threat offense, they will deserve the title. It is as simple as that to me.

Zone, you may want to check me on the average rushing yards thru the playoffs.

GO PIRATES!!!!!