Franklin Dominates Mt. Juliet on the road...wins 72-53

Jim Harrick

The Rebels continued their road warrior ways and knocked off a good Mt. Juliet team Fiday night. Final score was 72-53 Rebels. Five, that's right (5) Rebels were in double figures. Michael Young led the way with 15 and Jamal Starnes, second game back by the way, added 13. Reed Glover had 12, Kevin Kegarise netted 11, while Daniel Mller-McLemore finished with 10. All five guys are juniors.

This win was big coming off a double OT loss at McGavock on Thursday night.

The Rebels now stand at 7-2, with losses coming on the road at Clarksville and McGavock. Now at full strength, the Rebels head in to district play at home Tuesday vs. Hillwood.

For those of you who don't know Jamal Starnes, you will by seasons end! 10 Blocks and 15 boards in 2 games, plus averaging double digits in points!

Reed Glover has picked up his play, and those two together provide some annoying mismatches on the blocks.

Season should be great, although most CHS fans have already claimed a district championship based on their summer/scrimmage record!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was surprised to see franklin lose to mcgavock the other night, but yes a win by 19 to mt juliet is very nice, they should get the job done against hillwood with a big matchup against us, ravenwood, friday night at ravenwood... ravenwood hosts hillsboro on tuesday night and it would be nice to see a 8-2 franklin and a 6-1 ravenwood squaring off after winning their first district game, rhs has gotta get past former coach thweatt and hhs first

was surprised to see franklin lose to mcgavock the other night, but yes a win by 19 to mt juliet is very nice, they should get the job done against hillwood with a big matchup against us, ravenwood, friday night at ravenwood... ravenwood hosts hillsboro on tuesday night and it would be nice to see a 8-2 franklin and a 6-1 ravenwood squaring off after winning their first district game, rhs has gotta get past former coach thweatt and hhs first

Well, Ravenwood better bring a different team than what I saw against Stratford. Franklin is playing at full strength right now. What they did to Mt. Juliet Friday night was very impressive, they were actually up by more than what the final margin was. The key to what Franklin has done, they have played some tough competition outside their district, whereas the other district 11 teams have played a very light schedule. When you can go and play Clarksville, McGavock, Mt. Juliet, and Columbia twice (who waxed Indy the other night) is only going to help.

Congratulations to the Franklin team for their win at Mt. Juliet. It's interesting watching and listening during the course of a game to the parents of these "Milleneial" kids. I'm one of those parents myself, you know, whenever our kids played any sport everyone got a trophy or a medal and sometimes the score wasn't even kept. Now, employers are finding it difficult to deal with the first of this generation in the real world of jobs and responsibilities, even going so far as to hiring consultants to help them understand this generation.

This being said, a parent of this generation for the Franklin team did something that I have never seen and hope to never see again during the game. Franklin led by around 25-27 points in the third quarter. Mt. Juliet, a little short-handed this year mounted a furious comeback to cut the lead to 10 in the fourth quarter. As we all know, "big boy" basketball at the high school level is a very, very physical game. Mt. Juliet and Franklin were both playing very physical during this stretch. At one point, one of our guards, Antwaun Majors was going for a steal, collided with a Franklin player and was called for a foul. At this point, a middle-aged man with a gray beard and pot belly stood up and at the top of his lungs screamed at Antwaun, "you stink" and pointed at him animated and angry. (The CoachT software will edit out what he really said, bit it started with an "s")

Now, lets take a step back here. You can scream at officials, you can cheer for your team, etc., but a grown man should never, never verbally attack a 17 year old kid who's playing his heart out and trying to help his team overcome a large deficit. There are some schools I would expect this behavior from their fans but not Franklin.

Several Franklin fans came to me after the game to express their total embarrassment for this idiot's behavior. He, on the other hand was hanging around the gym seemingly telling his story with a badge of honor. If any Franklin fan knows who this bufoon is, let him know that what he did was wrong on any level, cannot be rationalized. Oh, he doesn't get a participation trophy or a gold star.

Good luck to the players for Franklin.

Congratulations to the Franklin team for their win at Mt. Juliet. It's interesting watching and listening during the course of a game to the parents of these "Milleneial" kids. I'm one of those parents myself, you know, whenever our kids played any sport everyone got a trophy or a medal and sometimes the score wasn't even kept. Now, employers are finding it difficult to deal with the first of this generation in the real world of jobs and responsibilities, even going so far as to hiring consultants to help them understand this generation.

This being said, a parent of this generation for the Franklin team did something that I have never seen and hope to never see again during the game. Franklin led by around 25-27 points in the third quarter. Mt. Juliet, a little short-handed this year mounted a furious comeback to cut the lead to 10 in the fourth quarter. As we all know, "big boy" basketball at the high school level is a very, very physical game. Mt. Juliet and Franklin were both playing very physical during this stretch. At one point, one of our guards, Antwaun Majors was going for a steal, collided with a Franklin player and was called for a foul. At this point, a middle-aged man with a gray beard and pot belly stood up and at the top of his lungs screamed at Antwaun, "you stink" and pointed at him animated and angry. (The CoachT software will edit out what he really said, bit it started with an "s")

Now, lets take a step back here. You can scream at officials, you can cheer for your team, etc., but a grown man should never, never verbally attack a 17 year old kid who's playing his heart out and trying to help his team overcome a large deficit. There are some schools I would expect this behavior from their fans but not Franklin.

Several Franklin fans came to me after the game to express their total embarrassment for this idiot's behavior. He, on the other hand was hanging around the gym seemingly telling his story with a badge of honor. If any Franklin fan knows who this bufoon is, let him know that what he did was wrong on any level, cannot be rationalized. Oh, he doesn't get a participation trophy or a gold star.

Good luck to the players for Franklin.

Phillyfan,was that you???

The Rebels did look great in their last outing. Can't wait for the district play to begin. Looking for another great run by the REBELS....

Rember WE OWN 11aaa

Discussion around the water cooler today at work: How many consecutive district games has Franklin won? We think it is approaching 40. Can someone confirm when they suffered their last district loss?

• 2 weeks later...