What the heck is a "level playing field"

Baldcoach

Thanks, 'Twan,

i guess you know, you're going to have to call off 4 or 5 dogs this yr. The

role of drum is getting old. LOL

I don't think you are going to have to worry about that this year. SC lost 23 seniors last year...and 17 the year before that. Those kids will be difficult to replace. TC had a very good and very young team last year. I expect you to be much better this year if you find the right coach. I am sure Clint will do a good job in selecting his successor. He will be no Clint...but I am sure he will be good.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than repost this, go back & read post # 428, and address this to yourself.

It is so good to finally see a poster that has all the inside info on TC & Coach Satterfield. I mean, I've lived here nearly 40 yrs., and followed the

program, and know Clint fairly well, and had no idea. You are certainly

on top of things.

For those not as well informed, a few facts ( don't let these confuse you),

about TC & the "monster privates".

Using the monsters you mentioned, let's look at the record.

CPA...Played from 1995 thru 2000....5 games played...TC 4.....CPA 1

DCA..Played from 1988 thru 2000.... 5 games played...TC 3....DCA 2

BGA..Played from 1969 thru 2000.... 7 games played...TC 4....BGA 3

USJ..Played from 1993 thru 1998.... 2 games played...TC 2....USJ 0

( Both State Champ. games )

Goodpasture..Played from 1991 thru 1992..2 games played..TC 1..G'P 1

Can't really see TC getting stomped in the mud here.

I can give you the entire list of TC vs Priv., if you like, but it disproves

your point.

BTW, stats, courtesy of my good friend, Ole3Putt.

this is the sort of thing that blows my mind. The coach has amassed not just a winning record, but a rather decisive winning record against private school opponents. Rankin and Riverdale had a similar record against private schools over the years. So why is Satterfield such a loud opponent of private schools? It makes no sense, other than he just wants to amass titles and sees private schools as obstacles to that. How on earth does he make all the ridiculous comments he has made over the years with a straight face, if these stats are accurate?

this is the sort of thing that blows my mind. The coach has amassed not just a winning record, but a rather decisive winning record against private school opponents. Rankin and Riverdale had a similar record against private schools over the years. So why is Satterfield such a loud opponent of private schools? It makes no sense, other than he just wants to amass titles and sees private schools as obstacles to that. How on earth does he make all the ridiculous comments he has made over the years with a straight face, if these stats are accurate?

You make the same observation and mistake others do. It's not about

fear, it's about fairness, and not just about TC.

Stats are accurate, and as I posted, there are more, just replied to the ones in question.

I have stood up for others that were being abused or treated unfairly,

even though I wasn't myself. Possibly, you have as well. That's the point.

You make the same observation and mistake others do. It's not about

fear, it's about fairness, and not just about TC.

Stats are accurate, and as I posted, there are more, just replied to the ones in question.

I have stood up for others that were being abused or treated unfairly,

even though I wasn't myself. Possibly, you have as well. That's the point.

I'm just not buying that argument. I.e., that all of his belly-aching over the years has been to further the cause of other less fortunate small publics. Isn't this the same guy who once beat Red Boiling Springs 96-0? And now all of a sudden he's worried about their welfare? That's just laughable.

None of the language he's ever used indicates that he's arguing on behalf of others. For example, most recently, his comments relating to Friendship..."Let me handpick my team from 9 counties and see what I can do."

All these guys--Satterfield, Rankin, etc.--are cut from the same cloth. Everything is fine with privates, as long as they're beating them. But somewhere along the line they lose one to a private, and all of a sudden, they have unfair advantages, and all the rules need to be rewritten.

I'm just not buying that argument. I.e., that all of his belly-aching over the years has been to further the cause of other less fortunate small publics. Isn't this the same guy who once beat Red Boiling Springs 96-0? And now all of a sudden he's worried about their welfare? That's just laughable.

None of the language he's ever used indicates that he's arguing on behalf of others. For example, most recently, his comments relating to Friendship..."Let me handpick my team from 9 counties and see what I can do."

All these guys--Satterfield, Rankin, etc.--are cut from the same cloth. Everything is fine with privates, as long as they're beating them. But somewhere along the line they lose one to a private, and all of a sudden, they have unfair advantages, and all the rules need to be rewritten.

Let me draw my team from 9 counties and see how many games I win. Heck let anyone draw from 9 counties and watch them win games left and right.

I believe that is what coach satterfield is saying it doesn't matter if you beat them or not its an unfair advantage.

Have you ever seen a list of teachers / coaches salary next to directors salary?

Let me draw my team from 9 counties and see how many games I win. Heck let anyone draw from 9 counties and watch them win games left and right.

I believe that is what coach satterfield is saying it doesn't matter if you beat them or not its an unfair advantage.

Have you ever seen a list of teachers / coaches salary next to directors salary?

Old Pirate says Great Point and to the point, old24eagle. How is it sooooooo difficult for these private supporters not to see the advantage. The Chatt privates not only have the advantage of "all" the middle schools surrounding Chatt, but also routinely dip into North Ga. and its various counties. Small rural schools such as Huntland,So.Pitt,Greenback and numerous others have the vast majority of their students come within 2-3 miles.

Well, you asked the question, and I answered it. If you choose not to believe it, that's your choice. Won't keep me up tonite.

Why don't you just call Clint & ask him? His # is in the book, along with

the HS & School Bd. #s'. Nah, that wouldn't fit in with your rant. Likely,

Satterfield or Rankin, at some time has drilled you team. You are so

misinformed, you make yourself look silly. This stance is not an "all of a

sudden" thing with Clint, or any other public school.

You are not going to change your opinion, which is fine. It's yours, do with

it whatever you wish. Just don't expect it to bring much at an auction.

Oh, and the score was 91 -0. RBS is a different situation, which no amount

of multiplier will help. It's closer to home than that, but you aren't familiar with that either.

TC is going to be just fine, regardless of the privates & their "practices";

always have been. Others have not been as fortunate. That is the problem.

Maybe things will go better for you the next time TC or Riverdale comes to

town.

Well, you asked the question, and I answered it. If you choose not to believe it, that's your choice. Won't keep me up tonite.

of multiplier will help. It's closer to home than that, but you aren't familiar with that either.

town.

The private school people have a hard time believing it's not just about our schools. We've had good success against the privates too. That's not the point. You'll never convince them of any different. They have an advantage.

The private school people have a hard time believing it's not just about our schools. We've had good success against the privates too. That's not the point. You'll never convince them of any different. They have an advantage.

Very true. SC is more than capable of taking care of it's self. ( speaking

from experience here, LOL). It matters not whether they win or lose,

the advantage, or potential for an advantage is still there. What could a

Watertown, Gordonsville, or Clay Co., Westmoreland, do with 9 counties,

or 4 counties, for that matter? The only way is for the T$$AA to change

the system. Not likely, as they would lose money. Perhaps this is the

change Obama talks about.

town.

Misinformed? Are the stats that you posted not accurate? That's what I'm basing this argument on. Your stats and Satterfield's incesant complaining about private schools. I.e., he has a gaudy record against private schools, and yet is the biggest complainer of all...so what authority does he have to complain about private schools if he is always beating them? It's not that complicated.

91-0 pretty much tells me all I need to know about "Mr. Help the Other Guy." No need for me to call him. That pretty much sums it up for me. He is who he is.

MBA has begged Riverdale to for a game for years, but they don't return our calls. They voted us our of 5A once they lost to BA in '95. But they assure us that they would beat us if they did choose to play us.

Misinformed? Are the stats that you posted not accurate? That's what I'm basing this argument on. Your stats and Satterfield's incesant complaining about private schools. I.e., he has a gaudy record against private schools, and yet is the biggest complainer of all...so what authority does he have to complain about private schools if he is always beating them? It's not that complicated.

91-0 pretty much tells me all I need to know about "Mr. Help the Other Guy." No need for me to call him. That pretty much sums it up for me. He is who he is.

MBA has begged Riverdale to for a game for years, but they don't return our calls. They voted us our of 5A once they lost to BA in '95. But they assure us that they would beat us if they did choose to play us.

You did have some very good scrimmages with each other. Riverdale would have won some...and you would have won some...just like the scrimmages.

Don't base too much on TC beating RBS that bad. Friendship beat them just about as bad too. Have you ever seen RBS play? They are a little better now...but they have been very bad at times. TC would have had to punt on 1st down to avoid that score. Satterfield asked RBS's coach to run the clock in the 2nd half. He refused. That game has been hashed and reshashed on this site over and over. I have much more trouble with Ezell's run up over Loretto to set a passing record. There is more to the story in TC's case. That's not to say it shouldn't have happened. Just don't use that as an example in this case.

You did have some very good scrimmages with each other. Riverdale would have won some...and you would have won some...just like the scrimmages.

Don't base too much on TC beating RBS that bad. Friendship beat them just about as bad too. Have you ever seen RBS play? They are a little better now...but they have been very bad at times. TC would have had to punt on 1st down to avoid that score. Satterfield asked RBS's coach to run the clock in the 2nd half. He refused. That game has been hashed and reshashed on this site over and over. I have much more trouble with Ezell's run up over Loretto to set a passing record. There is more to the story in TC's case. That's not to say it shouldn't have happened. Just don't use that as an example in this case.

Of course Riverdale would have beaten us. That's my whole point. They are a quality program, and have been for years. They fared well over time against the teams they led the charge to vote out. That's why their actions and words make no sense. Nor do Satterfield's. If you put forth the argument over and over that private schools have inherent advantages over you, then you should speak from some sort of actual experience. I will stand corrected if someone can produce a quote from either of them that indicates they are just doing this to help their fellow helpless public schools.

Are you really going to argue that Team Riverdale called an emergency TSSAA meeting in 1997 to help a bunch of their peers who were suffering at the hands of privates, even as they were consistently beating them?