What the heck is a "level playing field"

Baldcoach

Misinformed? Are the stats that you posted not accurate? That's what I'm basing this argument on. Your stats and Satterfield's incesant complaining about private schools. I.e., he has a gaudy record against private schools, and yet is the biggest complainer of all...so what authority does he have to complain about private schools if he is always beating them? It's not that complicated.

91-0 pretty much tells me all I need to know about "Mr. Help the Other Guy." No need for me to call him. That pretty much sums it up for me. He is who he is.

MBA has begged Riverdale to for a game for years, but they don't return our calls. They voted us our of 5A once they lost to BA in '95. But they assure us that they would beat us if they did choose to play us.

Old Pirate says here it is very simple for you privates. 1. Why do you NOT want to play the privates that openly recruit and offer assistance??????????? Why because THEY have an ADVANTAGE over the smaller privates. The same "is true" with the small publics playing the small (not assisted? Yeh) privates that have players from several counties and sometimes states.

OP is oooooold, but heaven help these poor soles that continue to have that deer in the headlights look when it comes to this debate. OP says simply play each other then come back and perhaps defend your position. It's more than wins & loses. SP has always held their own with the privates or any other classification in state or out.

2. Not needed!!!!

Old Pirate says all these privates can not be as dumb as most act.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Riverdale would have beaten us. That's my whole point. They are a quality program, and have been for years. They fared well over time against the teams they led the charge to vote out. That's why their actions and words make no sense. Nor do Satterfield's. If you put forth the argument over and over that private schools have inherent advantages over you, then you should speak from some sort of actual experience. I will stand corrected if someone can produce a quote from either of them that indicates they are just doing this to help their fellow helpless public schools.

Are you really going to argue that Team Riverdale called an emergency TSSAA meeting in 1997 to help a bunch of their peers who were suffering at the hands of privates, even as they were consistently beating them?

Nah...I think it was done because a school with less than 350 students was consistently fielding a football team that was consistently one of the best...if not the best in the state year after year. BA could have been playing in 1a...by enrollment. What's wrong with that picture?

QUOTE(OLD PIRATE @ Mar 19 2008 - 07:39 PM) http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.php?act=findpost&pid=826750130Old Pirate says here it is very simple for you privates. 1. Why do you NOT want to play the privates that openly recruit and offer assistance???????????

you lost all your credibility here and I quit reading.

I've noticed the privates always cut & run when that question comes up.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What's the question? I mean, I would respond but it's pretty much like responding to someone who is arguing the sky is green and the grass is blue. Someone else can take that one on.

Nah...I think it was done because a school with less than 350 students was consistently fielding a football them that was consistently one of the best...if not the best in the state year after year. BA could have been playing in 1a...by enrollment. What's wrong with that picture?

So again, McCallie, with a future D1 qb, a gazillion dollars to use for unlimited financial aid, "open recruiting", unlimited pool of students (how many counties are in 50 states, Grunt?), and 700+ boys, and its best team ever is beaten handily by Alcoa and its 300+ students....where were the emergency meetings then? Maybe some schools just play way over their enrollment. It's interesting that BA didn't win another title for 10 more years after that while playing against only 6 other schools.

What's the question? I mean, I would respond but it's pretty much like responding to someone who is arguing the sky is green and the grass is blue. Someone else can take that one on.

The question was in my post. Scroll back up to #448....quote from OP...

if you want to plead the 5th, just say so.

Although, not the first, but most certainly the most ignorant, and totally

misinformed post you have made to date.

This move has been expected for years in TC. If you would like the unabridged version, you can visit the 1A thread. Short version, is this,

the current Director of Schools has retired after several years at the helm.

All knew this job would go to Clint when the job became open. It has, he

will take it. He has earned it, and owes TC nothing further. Cut & run, is

equally misinformed. Assuming, the alphabet schools are dropped back to 1A, after an equally assumed drop of the multiplier, it would not matter.

Shortly, TC will have to move up to 2A or higher due to an increase in

enrollment, thereby not being in the same class as the recruiters. I can't

recall Goodpasture or Lipscomb ever being a major problem for TC, or the

other ABCs' for that matter. True, TC did lose to FCS the past two years,

due to losing experienced talent. This is no longer the case. Two years

ago, was the first win for FCS in a couple of decades, so not really a big concern for anyone on the Creekbank.

As for changing jobs, don't give up your day job, This is not your forte'.

Right! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Just keep drinking the koolaid there in Jonestown - I mean Hartsville.

I'm a public supporter. Always have been. Always will be. But I must say it does seem like much MUCH more than just random coincidence. I'm not the only other person that thinks that either. It is definitely big fodder around the middle TN high school discussions that I have had.

When life gets tough, we just have to make koolaid - I mean lemonade. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

The question was in my post. Scroll back up to #448....quote from OP...

if you want to plead the 5th, just say so.

if the "question" includes the phrase "privates that openly recruit" then I plead that I can't answer questions asked by people without at least a basic grasp of facts.

If someone asks me to answer a question today about why the earth is flat, I'm not answering that either.

So again, McCallie, with a future D1 qb, a gazillion dollars to use for unlimited financial aid, "open recruiting", unlimited pool of students (how many counties are in 50 states, Grunt?), and 700+ boys, and its best team ever is beaten handily by Alcoa and its 300+ students....where were the emergency meetings then? Maybe some schools just play way over their enrollment. It's interesting that BA didn't win another title for 10 more years after that while playing against only 6 other schools.

Alcoa has nearly 500 students. They didn't beat McCallie handily as you put it unless you call 24-21 handily. They did beat them 45-35 the year before. I guess that could be called handily. Alcoa is no typical 2a team...but I would venture to guess BA would beat them year in and year out. If Alcoa cuts out their out of zone kids...I won't have a problem with them.

BA didn't win a title because of the strength of those other 6 schools...mainly MBA. You would think MBA should beat BA...year in and year out...because of the enrollment difference. That's not to say BA wasn't loaded most all of those 10 years...because they were.

There was no emergency meeting because McCallie and Alcoa were not in the same class...and it was not the state title game. I do think the open zone/tuition paying athlete thing and rural/urban thing will be addressed sometime in the near future. Should it be? Probably. It takes no rocket scientist to figure out Alcoa has a big advantage over all other 2a teams.

you lost all your credibility here and I quit reading.

Old Pirate says, Well now brbb, OP has family on both sides. The privates have ZERO CREDIBILTY when this debate starts except for the ones with tunnel vision for their own interests.

Old Pirate would hope "some" brave small private would address the question asked prior.

WHY....... do the small privates NOT want to play the big privates? A VISUABLE advantage is why. The same is true in the on going public vs private debate.

Old Pirate says they never want to address the reasons they wish to remain in the public sector.

Old Pirate says take Chatt area for instance.

Privates Baylor, McCallie, Notre Dame, Chatt. Christian, Grace, Tn. Temple, David Brainard Baptist, Silverdale Baptist & Boyd Bucannan. There is a reason all don't play against each regularly and its "not" because of travel costs. "ADVANTAGE".................................... my friend. OP says every year teams have certain advantages, whether it be veteran vs young or any number of other possabilties. Those are ones acceptable by all.