CSAS vs Temple

dadoffour

CSAS wins 76-50 with an excellent team effort all around. The game was close through the first half with Temple having the edge in the first quarter. CSAS led by a few going into the second half and just pulled away from there. Ultimately, CSAS's numbers were just too much for Temple. TTA is solid through their starting five but dropped way off after that while CSAS could still bring in players and not lose very much at all. A great game and a tremendous effort by both teams. I look forward to seeing them play again.

Heisman watch: Sexton was the probably the best player on the court. I don't know how many he ended up with, but he was playing like a man out there. Fun to watch. Hampton, Cobb, and Townsend all played great as well.

If sexton was the best player on the floor then I guess Hampton was second best with 22 points 11 rebounds 9 assists and 6 steals. this may be up for debate

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSAS fans really came out to support the Patriots last night. CSAS had their whole side full and 1/3 of the Temple side with their fans. It sounded like a CSAS home game. CSAS showed last night that they are still improving. They did not let Temple back in the game like they did Grace last week. Good showing last night but for the the rest of the region I am afraid to say but I think the best is yet to come for the Patriots.

what does a bigger school and the number of students have to do with the talent on a team? that don't have anything to do with how the game will be played

so your saying that its expected of a single A team to be able to play with a three A team or four A team?, on a regual basis?

its expected for a single a team with less students to have the same amount of athletes, if that were so then eveeryone would play everybody not caring about A AA AAA AAAA!

CSAS fans really came out to support the Patriots last night. CSAS had their whole side full and 1/3 of the Temple side with their fans. It sounded like a CSAS home game. CSAS showed last night that they are still improving. They did not let Temple back in the game like they did Grace last week. Good showing last night but for the the rest of the region I am afraid to say but I think the best is yet to come for the Patriots.

ya they did i was there last night with the CSAS fans on Temples side, your not going to out cheer CSAS i dont care where its at there are too many current and prior students who care about this team to let another team care more than them! GO PATRIOTS!

The gym is going to be packed out tonight with red, white and black...no worries there. I mean, for all the smack CSAS is talking about temple guys' team, they sure sound quite confident. Wouldn't it stink for CSAS to lose miserably and then blame it on the creaky bleachers? Talk is cheap. Let's get the game on!

looks like your hypothesis was really wrong i bet there was only 80-100 Temple fans in the whole gym, and CSAS brought enought to fill there whole gym!.... by the way, the creaky bleachers do stink, but CSAS got the game on what happened to Temple?

CSAS looked really good last night against Temple. I cannot say anything negative at all. They played well together as a team and definitely had good chemistry. The big boy looked like he gained some serious size from last year and the Patriots as a team looked all grown up last night. Congratulations to the Patriots on a well deserved win. You guys earned it last night. Keep grooving!

If Temple can play together as a team and find their groove, I actually think they will put out a much better performance than what we saw last night. There were close to 30 turnovers and a ton of mental breakdowns. I did see some good athletes on the floor for Temple, but they are not in shape yet to go head to head with a team as athletic as CSAS this early in the season. I have said from the beginning that I expected CSAS to be ahead of most of the other teams since their players have been working on basketball a lot longer while other schools' players were playing football.

I said in an earlier post that I did not think Bruce Pearl could have coached the Patriots to a win over Temple last year. I do not think Bruce Pearl could have coached the Crusaders to a win over CSAS last night.

i disagree with it being up to debate. stats aren't everything. sexton was clearly the best player on the court. however csas was the better team.

Id say its up for debate.....Sexton guarded Hampton the whole night and Hampton got the the basket when he wanted to and maybe only missed 3 shots all night. Hampton also runs the show for CSAS, Sexton is a great player that will play D-1 but id rather have Hampton as far as being an on court general for a team.

Id say its up for debate.....Sexton guarded Hampton the whole night and Hampton got the the basket when he wanted to and maybe only missed 3 shots all night. Hampton also runs the show for CSAS, Sexton is a great player that will play D-1 but id rather have Hampton as far as being an on court general for a team.

i completly agree....i would take hampton over sexton any day....hampton no matter what the score gives 110%....at some points it looked like sexton just quit and didnt really care.....hampton plays with much more passion and is just as talented as sexton....Hampton was only 1 steal short of a triple-double.....to me he is the most valuable player in chattanooga single A....mcmasters has the tools and sexton definitly has the talent...but hampton has a drive that neither one of them have.....

i completly agree....i would take hampton over sexton any day....hampton no matter what the score gives 110%....at some points it looked like sexton just quit and didnt really care.....hampton plays with much more passion and is just as talented as sexton....Hampton was only 1 steal short of a triple-double.....to me he is the most valuable player in chattanooga single A....mcmasters has the tools and sexton definitly has the talent...but hampton has a drive that neither one of them have.....

i will admit about the drive but that's kind of hard to say seeing how csas hasn't been trailing by a lot this year. it's easy to play hard when you're winning by 30 or losing by only 4 or 5. and let's not forget sexton is where hampton was last year. he's the leader of his team after losing the leaders of the team last year. hampton wasn't nearly as impressive as he is this year so you can expect the same for sexton. i still say sexton over hampton but not by a lot.

i will admit about the drive but that's kind of hard to say seeing how csas hasn't been trailing by a lot this year. it's easy to play hard when you're winning by 30 or losing by only 4 or 5. and let's not forget sexton is where hampton was last year. he's the leader of his team after losing the leaders of the team last year. hampton wasn't nearly as impressive as he is this year so you can expect the same for sexton. i still say sexton over hampton but not by a lot.

both hampton and sexton are tremendous players in their own right one is just on a better team than the other they play two totally different styles one is a floor general the other is a scorer this csas team has surprised me with their level of play so early in the season their four guards hampton cobb mckoy and townsend really play well together on both sides of the court townsed really shot the lights out and cobb mckoy and hampton all had at least 3 steals and the whole thing that ball is nothing is crazy he is not and will never be a 20 point scorer he did what he needed to do to help his team win whether it was to score 2 or none at all