District 13AA

GCPioneer

Guest nwtnsports

I'll take Gibson Co., Milan, and Westview in the first round.

13AA had a good top ten list. I'd say Gray, as well. She's averaging just over 17 points per game and really stepped up her game this season.

BTW, the Milan/Dyer Co. game will be on 93.7 FM in Milan and AM 1450/101.7 FM in Dyersburg.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nwtnsports

Milan 58, Dyer Co. 40

DC - 12 9 7 12 - 40

M - 15 13 20 10 - 58

DC - Jessica Jones 10, Barnes 7, McAlister 6, Cowart 5,

Wilkes 5, Jennifer Jones 4, Cupples 3

M - Gray 23, Poston 17, Glenn 8, Simpson 4, Hamm 3, Joyner 3

2-point shots: DC 13-32, M 21-36

3-point shots: DC 2-18, M 4-11

Free throws: DC 8-17, M 4-6

Rebounds: M 23, DC 18

Turnovers: M 14, DC 10

Thought GC was sharp!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Milan was sloppy, especially the 1st half. (The end is near, the bags, I need the bags) /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

OK GC folks what is up with Griffin, heard her back was bothering her. And also heard younger Pate is sick.

I do not like it, no matter who it is, when a kid can not compete, due to injury or illness at the high school level. For most it is the shining moments of high school.

Griffin is fine....She'll play Thursday, bet on it. Right ladyneerfan??? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Katie Pate is sick and missed tonights game but she really does not play that many minutes a game. Maybe 5 minutes a game at the most. If Griffin doesn't go, watch for a 4 guard lineup! Remember when Coach McMillan was at Westview and he went four guards and 1 post and lit the gym up throughout the tournaments!?

Griffin is fine....She'll play Thursday, bet on it. Right ladyneerfan??? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Katie Pate is sick and missed tonights game but she really does not play that many minutes a game. Maybe 5 minutes a game at the most. If Griffin doesn't go, watch for a 4 guard lineup! Remember when Coach McMillan was at Westview and he went four guards and 1 post and lit the gym up throughout the tournaments!?

That's why they called him The Wizard of Westview.

LOL, now we'll call him "The Wizard of Gibson Co.". He seems to win no matter where he's at and I think he's definately going to be bringing some hardware to the Gibson Co. area within the next few years. I'm curiouse as to how many threes we hit tonight. I'm guessing we hit about 13 of 'em. Jeniqua shot extremely well tonight as did Butler. I'm looking forward to Thursdays game against Milan. I think it's ours if we want it bad enough. Milan sure came out sluggish tonight against a team that was capable of beating them despite beating them by 18 points.

BTW, this is off topic. Gibson Co. named their gym after Mr. BO Booth, former principle of Gibson Co. This happened in the final regular season game against Dyersburg in between the girls and boys game. Mr. Booth obviously deserves it and was not expecting this. He has hosted MANY tournaments and hosted them well!

Guest nwtnsports

Gibson Co. hit 11 3-pointers last night. "Guru of Gibson" has a nice sound to it.

I'd like to say congratulations to Crockett Co. and Dyer Co. on their seasons. The teams did a great job of representing their schools.

We have one semifinal set, as mentioned - the fourth meeting between Gibson Co. and Milan. The 4/5 matchup is tonight between Westview and Dyersburg, with the winner advancing to play Obion Co. in the other semifinal.