Henry County Off-season Thread

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they could even do better than this years team. i see them being 10-0 and state champs b/c i have played with the juniors this season but I wont be able to play with them anymore b/c my season is over.

Young man you and your mates played your tails off this past Friday night. One of the best games i had seen this season. And with your Pats just losing a few seniors i agree with you here. Just get them to start working for it now in the weight room and running sprints during this off season and should be a done deal. I'll be there if you get there that's for sure. Fire up you teammates before you leave HCFAN4LIFE.

If we dont make it to state next year, it could be a long time before we have the chance again.

Disagree....1) a tradition has been reborn, and the players will come into their own, no one saw this 4 years ago either but with the participation that Coach Gaddis and his staff have brought about, the talent will surface for HC to stay a healthy program 2) the community will continue to support/feed off of the Patriots success, as will the athletic program (the boys basketball team has a great shot this year as well, and the girls are coming around)

Comments like this bother me, and, it is a mentality we as a community/athletes/parents/coaches cannot succumb to, and if you feel this way but are a fan of HC, why would you post it for everyone else to read????? BELIEVE!

Great job this season guys, shake it off, and hit the weights. Put your best foot forward, and prepare/enable yourselves to take the next step.

Lastly, good luck to Maplewood/Maryville this weekend.

I also disagree with the statement about after next year. I remember being a senior in 2006 season and people would say, "gosh after your class and Calvin are gone what are we going to do?" Then the 2007 team did better than us. HC is being made into a dynasty. Especially now that we can play freshman. Next years team will have the best chance to win the state championship of any of the last two seasons. The battle next year will be to see whether Dominique or Marsalis comes away with Mr. Football, but these guys are so close they would even vote for the other guy and don't worry about getting it or not. The offense next year will be more exciting then this year. If they can have a couple of recievers step up to fill in Jones and Jacksons play they will be great. Haley proved that he can catch the ball and make big catches. There is one thing that people are not totally seeing and that is Lamar Theus's effect on this defense loosing him is like loosing an entire defense. He was the cornerstone of the defense and every team had to worry about him. HC has had great D-Lineman in the past; Rose, Henry, Scott, Hudson, Hall, now Theus. Who will be the next to step up? Bomar will get bigger and be a force and JP Hayes can lay the lumber. As far as after next year we still have Shonte who was a great quarterback in middle school and can fill in the shoes. Domino Allen told me his little brother was going to be a better running back then himself...thats scary. Greg Kendall is quick and has burners. Jelks has the body to be a great O lineman and Younger can put together an offensive line out of a cheerleading squad and still dominate. This coaching staff will put players in the positions to become stars under the HC lights. HC is going to be a dominate force in 4A football for awhile. The offseason program is very good and does a great job at getting their players ready for the season.

Can't wait till next season!!!

will HC go back to 5A in the next reclassification? I believe 2009. If so, how will this effect the program?

If HCHS numbers stay about where they are at now and the rest of schools have little change they will stay where they are now. But numbers can change all over the place from year to year. Other schools in our region may see change JCM drop to 3A could happen and a couple of the Jackson schools are growing quickly in numbers.

If we dont make it to state next year, it could be a long time before we have the chance again.

Completely disagree here 3nout. If you don't believe me, just go see an Inman game. And then, check out the youth football program. They play on Sunday afternoons at Barton Field. This past year alone I saw about 15 budding athletes in the youth program that will be primed to climb the ladder for years to come. And heck, Dominique's little brother (who is rumored to be every bit as good) is going to be a freshman this year! And he brings many teammates that are highly talented with him.

Like others have stated, a dynasty has begun...

Go Big RED!!!

OH YEAH...the voodoo pot will be brewing for years to come!!! Talked about this very thing with my boy last night. He too thinks that next year's bunch will be just as good, if not better, than this year's. He said that the Jelks boy that is his back-up will be just as good as he is. He has been working with him throughout the playoffs getting him ready. And then there is Dominque's brother...WOW...not to mention that we have both he and Teague back again next year. Gaddis has plenty to work with.

ROLL RED ROLL!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Returning starters on offense include

LG Josh CLark

RT Jouey Williams

WR Skylar Haley

QB Marsalis Teague

RB Dominique ALlen

Defensively

Shonte Sims db

Marsalis Teague db

Neal Capps db

Robbie Gallimore LB

Joe Paul Hayes DE

Austin Bomar DE

These guys all started a lot this season and their are others who played significant roles, the future definitely looks bright!