GC vs. Oc: Who do you think will win?

lucasl

I don't know about fundamentals but I'd say we will have to score more points than what we have been...Our defense is our key this year with full court pressure. Heather Butler will be hard to stop and I believe Jana Roney will get her points that she'll need tomorrow night...not sure if GC will put Griffin or Pate on her or possibly maybe a little zone action...

jvaughn...what a game tonight, eh??? I thought our girls had ya'll when we went up by 6 or 7 but ya came back on us and beat us..Congrats..If your curious as to who I am, my brother coaches the Jr Pioneers boys and I was standing under the basket for the majority of ya'lls game with a red pullover and blue North Carolina hat

I was a little worried when yall got us down. We don't play well from behind but we didn't get rattled. It was kinda just the opposite of the game at Yorkville. We were up, yall pressed and made a run. Last night yall were up, we pressed and made a run. I was awful proud of our girls. I am sure I saw you. The boys game was good one too. Hudson is just a head above any 8th grader I have seen.

As for tonight, should be a good game. If GC can get some turnovers off of the press and the wings handle the ball and help out Butler with some outside scoring GC can win. Hadn't been to game yet this year so hopefully my first one will be a good one.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...Gibson County is DRASTICALLY better....

Jana Roney went out of this game with about 2:00 left in the 3rd qtr of a very close game but after she left Gibson County dominated the game and won 65-49...OC led the game 39-36 but GC ended the 3rd qtr on a 11-5 run....

The Lady Pioneers hit 12 3-pointers in the game....

Chassidy Fussell led the Lady Rebels with 19 points followed by Gentry Reedy who hit 4 3-pointers to end up with 12 points...Roney only had 4 points when she went out in the 3rd in what could be described as a health issue..She wasn't injured in the game.....Hopefully she will recover quickly...

Heather Butler and Jennilee Pate led the Lady Pioneers with 16 points apiece followed by Janiqua Jennings with 14 and Heather Griffin also added 14 points...

The Lady Rebels have a quick turnaround as they play Paducah Tighlman in the Marshall County HoopFest at 9 AM in the morning....

I was a little worried when yall got us down. We don't play well from behind but we didn't get rattled. It was kinda just the opposite of the game at Yorkville. We were up, yall pressed and made a run. Last night yall were up, we pressed and made a run. I was awful proud of our girls. I am sure I saw you. The boys game was good one too. Hudson is just a head above any 8th grader I have seen.

As for tonight, should be a good game. If GC can get some turnovers off of the press and the wings handle the ball and help out Butler with some outside scoring GC can win. Hadn't been to game yet this year so hopefully my first one will be a good one.

Yup, you have some good players...Hudson is awesome and his future is in basketball for sure, last night he was slightly off...He scored 51 against Rutherford in a 63-34 the other night...I think he has scored 41, 40, 33, 22, and not sure what else..not bad for an 8th grader!

Well... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...Gibson County is DRASTICALLY better....

Jana Roney went out of this game with about 2:00 left in the 3rd qtr of a very close game but after she left Gibson County dominated the game and won 65-49...OC led the game 39-36 but GC ended the 3rd qtr on a 11-5 run....

The Lady Pioneers hit 12 3-pointers in the game....

Chassidy Fussell led the Lady Rebels with 19 points followed by Gentry Reedy who hit 4 3-pointers to end up with 12 points...Roney only had 4 points when she went out in the 3rd in what could be described as a health issue..She wasn't injured in the game.....Hopefully she will recover quickly...

Heather Butler and Jennilee Pate led the Lady Pioneers with 16 points apiece followed by Janiqua Jennings with 14 and Heather Griffin also added 14 points...

The Lady Rebels have a quick turnaround as they play Paducah Tighlman in the Marshall County HoopFest at 9 AM in the morning....

I was surprised at the margin of victory on this!!!! Awesome job to the Pioneers...Keep it going!

Remember this is basically the same team that beat the Lady Pioneers by an average of 28 points in two games last year...GC would have to improve DRASTICALLY to narrow that gap significantly,let alone beat the Lady Rebels....

I saw a post where some uninformed GC fan said OC wasn't as good as last year...Wrong...OC is better than last year's team they are a year older and more experienced...They will win because they are just simply better than GC this year...Period

You want a little iced tea to go with that CROW my man??

Looks like Gibson County is a team to reckon with this year. I expected them to a good team by tournament time but I didnt expect this outcome this early in the season.

Coach McMillan will have a powerhouse in a few years.

And he has AWESOME talent to work with as well in the future!!!! Heather Butler (Sophomore PG), Heather Griffin (Sophomore PF), and Jeniqua Jennings (Junior SG)...We also have some more younger players that I'm not VERY familiar with just yet, but did see them get alot of action in the Humboldt game and they look great as well!!!

You want a little iced tea to go with that CROW my man??

I don't eat crow my man.....I said they would have to be drastically better and they are...Night and day difference from last year....Save the crow till the end of the year...But,I will take that iced tea... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Looks like Gibson County is a team to reckon with this year. I expected them to a good team by tournament time but I didnt expect this outcome this early in the season.Coach McMillan will have a powerhouse in a few years.

Think about this...Bradford beat them...So,how good is Bradford this year??....

I don't eat crow my man.....I said they would have to be drastically better and they are...Night and day difference from last year....Save the crow till the end of the year...But,I will take that iced tea... Think about this...Bradford beat them...So,how good is Bradford this year??....

We also missed several wide open shots right under the basket and were also in foul trouble in the game...We're 7-1 thus far with our only loss to Bradford which we might play in the Christmas Tournaments at GC in just a couple of weeks...Our defense has been awesome thus far which defense does win championships right??? Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling!

We also missed several wide open shots right under the basket and were also in foul trouble in the game...We're 7-1 thus far with our only loss to Bradford which we might play in the Christmas Tournaments at GC in just a couple of weeks...Our defense has been awesome thus far which defense does win championships right??? Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling!

Same can be said about OC....The difference in the game was Roney being out....

It would have been a barn-burner with her in there....The Lady Pioneers were nailing those three pointers...They hit 12 in all....