Cleveland over Ooltewah

trueblueraiderfan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland over Ooltewah by a 34-18 count--Cleveland won 10 of 14 matches

heavyweight was a forfeit because the boy has stitches in his leg from accident and it wouldnt have helped the team anyhow so the coach chose a forfeit. 3 of the wins for Cleveland in my oponion were contraversial because the refs would not call a pin unless they layed there for about 1 hr with shoulders pinned down!!!!! i m not knocking the Raiders at all the were one heck of a team on the mat and man are the fans good and loud!!!

Cleveland 34, Ooltewah 18

(match started at 103)

103 ??“ Bryan Alvarado (CL) dec. Will Allen (O), 7-0

112 ??“ Blake Oakes (CL) dec. Chris Bradbury (O), 9-2

119 ??“ Marvin Lopez (CL) dec. Jacob Purkey (O), 10-7

125 ??“ Josh Jadoobirsingh (CL) dec. Cody Corcoran (O), 7-0

130 ??“ Cody Hood (O) major dec. Ben Spires (CL), 12-1

135 ??“ Daniel Wild (O) dec. Jacob Sewell (CL), 10-3

140 ??“ Bailey Jones (CL) dec. Brent Elliott (O), 8-5

145 ??“ Evan Hubbs (O) tech fall Will Moreland (CL), 4:36

152 ??“ Travis Leonard (CL) dec. Jared Wolfe (O), 5-4 3OT

160 ??“ Harold Gage (CL) dec. Daniel Jordan (O). 5-0

171 ??“ Jake Young (O) pinned Matt Sharp (CL), 3:03

189 ??“ Chip Norwood (CL) pinned Tyler Toon (O). 2:58

215 ??“ Max Ofori (CL) dec. Aaron Hamlet (O), 9-2

285 ??“ Adam Peters (CL) won by forfeit

Cleveland penalized two team points for unsportsmanlike conduct

Records: Ooltewah (3-1; Cleveland (8-1)

heavyweight was a forfeit because the boy has stitches in his leg from accident and it wouldnt have helped the team anyhow so the coach chose a forfeit. 3 of the wins for Cleveland in my oponion were contraversial because the refs would not call a pin unless they layed there for about 1 hr with shoulders pinned down!!!!! i m not knocking the Raiders at all the were one heck of a team on the mat and man are the fans good and loud!!!

Its amazing how ones view can be altered depending on which team they root for. There were some terrible calls but from what I saw in my neautral perspective they went the other way. 2 team points deducted from Cleveland, a million false start calls. One team point was for a freshman showing emotion on a huge win. He in no way was unspostsmanlike. The other team point was probably due to back points not being called for Cleveland when they clearly should have been. The kid was totally exposed and the ref stood there and didnt even begin counting for two seconds. Then he gave a three count and when the Ooltewah wretler got of his back the ref gave the hand signal that the ooltewah wrestler was rocking back and forth and no points were awarded. Needless to say the Cleveland side was beside themselves and the Ooltewah people were like "whew we got away with one there". Another instance there was a stalemate call on a double leg when the cleveland kid had both legs secure and the Ooltewah kid was completely on his backside just hanging on. A tekedown should have been awarded but definatly no stalemate in that situation. Ooltewah just acted like they didnt want to win. They did very little the whole match and just set there when on bottom. It looked as though Cleveland just wanted it more last night and were better prepared mentally. They won several matches nobody thought they had a chance in. Ooltewah probably beats them with their full lineup and better preperation mentally but last night the Cleveland coaches had their kids ready and it showed.

Hats off to the Cleveland bunch, they seemed to have the energy of a 6 year old after eating candy on Christmas morning. I don't think that todays practice will be much fun for the Owls, for I'm sure the Big Owl will be hootin.

Never sit by walkinvol while one of his old boys is rasslin, thought we were going to fight, and that would not have been a good outcome for bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Congrats to the other Raiders as BCB and Walkenvol got their $5 worth just from the excitement imported to Ooltewah from Cleveland. The home team was flat. flat. flat while the visitors were PUMPED. PUMPED. PUMPED. A classic example of the old sports adage of "who wants it more". While some of the Owl individuals fought hard and looked good, some of the others have some soul searching to do. Keep it going Cleveland! I'll pay to watch you again.

I wouldn't make much of the team penalities. The first one was for the Raider 112 losing control of his headgear as he jumped into his teammates arms celebrating his upset win - not what the rule book means by "throwing the headgear" IMHO. The other was for the Raider coaching staff questioning a stalling warning that was called right in front of their bench. The ref was only about 5' away from the coaches who were in their chairs so I guess he overheard their private discussion concerning the appropriate application of the stalling rule and it was not to his liking?

Unlike 2seam and bradley8, I didn't see any blatent problems with the officiating. There are always going to be close calls that can go either way - nature of the sport. I still find it amazing that an official 1' away can't see a pin as well as a fan up in the bleachers.

Sorry bout those elbows BearCat....all part of the excitement. I hope Saucy Long and Lean doesn't get upset with you when you get excited.

I didn't get to see the match, but I think Cleveland probably won that match this summer. The Cleveland kids worked hard all summer and it's paying off. I'm not saying that the Ooltewah kids didn't work hard, because they do. We have some kids in our room that could learn a thing or two by following that lead. Congratulations Heath and company on a nice win.

Its amazing how ones view can be altered depending on which team they root for. There were some terrible calls but from what I saw in my neautral perspective they went the other way. 2 team points deducted from Cleveland, a million false start calls. One team point was for a freshman showing emotion on a huge win. He in no way was unspostsmanlike. The other team point was probably due to back points not being called for Cleveland when they clearly should have been. The kid was totally exposed and the ref stood there and didnt even begin counting for two seconds. Then he gave a three count and when the Ooltewah wretler got of his back the ref gave the hand signal that the ooltewah wrestler was rocking back and forth and no points were awarded. Needless to say the Cleveland side was beside themselves and the Ooltewah people were like "whew we got away with one there". Another instance there was a stalemate call on a double leg when the cleveland kid had both legs secure and the Ooltewah kid was completely on his backside just hanging on. A tekedown should have been awarded but definatly no stalemate in that situation. Ooltewah just acted like they didnt want to win. They did very little the whole match and just set there when on bottom. It looked as though Cleveland just wanted it more last night and were better prepared mentally. They won several matches nobody thought they had a chance in. Ooltewah probably beats them with their full lineup and better preperation mentally but last night the Cleveland coaches had their kids ready and it showed.

I m almost positive that the team points were taken because of a Cleveland kid tryed to BITE the Ooltewah wrestler when he was on bottom------ the other point was taken away because the coach from Cleveland said to the refs "call it both ways" and he wouldnt stay sat down!!!!!!!!! in saying that Cleveland WRESTLERS showed me alot of heart last night and deserved every win they got because they never quit, all i was saying is there were some CLEAR PINS for BOTH sides that were not called in my oponion, good job Raiders

I m almost positive that the team points were taken because of a Cleveland kid tryed to BITE the Ooltewah wrestler when he was on bottom------ the other point was taken away because the coach from Cleveland said to the refs "call it both ways" and he wouldnt stay sat down!!!!!!!!! in saying that Cleveland WRESTLERS showed me alot of heart last night and deserved every win they got because they never quit, all i was saying is there were some CLEAR PINS for BOTH sides that were not called in my oponion, good job Raiders

yes, i agree. a lot of questionable calls. I dont know anything about the biting. I was told the team point was for the celebration. Like walkenvol put it though its amazing what we can see from the stands as opposed to right there on the mat. Either way it was an exciting match and i think Ooltewah will be better for it in the long run. Cleveland just wanted it more it seemed like

This match was worth the money. Both Cleveland and Ooltewah are very good teams. There were several close matches but the thing I saw last night was Cleveland was the better conditioned team. There were matches that Ooltewah seem to have control of early only to lose later in the match because of fatigue. There is plenty of time for Ooltewah to correct that and I'm sure Cleveland will be correcting their areas of concern as well. These two teams may see each other again in late January or Feburary. Good luck to both teams.