Titans...Pretender or Contenders

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chargers game is huge.

After losing to the Broncos and Bengals, the Titans have put themselves into a tough situation. Those two games should have been "W's"; now they absolutely HAVE to beat San Diego- a team that the Titan's don't match up well with.

Looking at their schedule and those who are fighting for the same wild card spot, it is now evident the Titan's HAVE to win out. That would make the Colts game less important to win.

If they would have just beaten the Denver and Cincy!

Four games left, will or won't they make the playoffs as wildcard team? Beat the Chargers will be essential. Colts will rest the starters in the last game for a Titan win.

Not necessarily.

For that scenerio to play out, then you better be a huge NE fan this weekend. Colts only sit a game above the Steelers right now in the conference standings and they have the same conference record. Colts may still be playing for the 1st round BYE in week 17.

FTT is right, if the Titans don't make the playoffs, they will be kicking themselves for losing the Cinnci and/or Denver. I don't know. Throwing in a trip to KC, it's very possible they could lose 3 out of the last 4.

FTT is right, if the Titans don't make the playoffs, they will be kicking themselves for losing the Cinnci and/or Denver. I don't know. Throwing in a trip to KC, it's very possible they could lose 3 out of the last 4.

I agree. They have put themselves in a hole, and now they must win the next 3. The Titans don't need to have to rely on the Colts game to get into the playoffs. Like Sol said, the Colts could still be in the hunt for a first round bye.

Not necessarily.

For that scenerio to play out, then you better be a huge NE fan this weekend. Colts only sit a game above the Steelers right now in the conference standings and they have the same conference record. Colts may still be playing for the 1st round BYE in week 17.

Halo effect for NE will keep Steelers out of first round bye.

Vince Young is coming around finally. How Haynesworth plays goes the the Titans defense. They should be ready to close out the year on the upswing.

Halo effect for NE will keep Steelers out of first round bye.

Vince Young is coming around finally. How Haynesworth plays goes the the Titans defense. They should be ready to close out the year on the upswing.

The D played lights out until they ran out of gas late in the fourth quarter. I think any Titans fan would be able to take that kind of performance week after week.

Vince had a bad pick and he didn't seem to be his self yesterday. 2 rushes for 2 yards? They didn't even try to run that PA bootleg play that they love to run. For about 2 series in a row I watched Merriman slant hard to the inside, White eventually burned him on that, but I figured they would get Vince out there. Something must have been wrong with him.

Titans blew a golden opportunity to get a win they needed to make the playoffs. You look up and they are in control in the fourth at 17-3 and blink your eyes and they've lost in OT. A bunch of fans left in the middle of the fourth thinking things were in control.

Very physical game. Lots of smack talking, pushing, shoving from special teams through the O and D. Merriman got clocked after he knocked down VY on a cheap shot. Rivers got his head handed to him by Albert and VDB.

That being said- the Titan's got jobbed on Chamber's catch being allowed. Freaking Fourth Down! Evidently, the reason was they didn't have the proper angles- even though the feed at the stadium showed CLEARLY the ball on the ground!

Still, VY has been maddingly inconsistent, with yesterday being a classic case. Last week he looks like he's making progress. Yesterday he regresses big time. One good throw the whole day.

And why not go for broke when you're in OT on your own 2? If you don't make a first down, you're giving them the ball in more or less field goal range after your punt. If you throw a pick-well, stuff happens. But if you make a play- then you get out of the hole and give your worn out D some more breathing room.

All in all, it was a game we shouldn't have lost.

That just about did it. Cleveland with the easier schedule will be the last playoff wildcard team. It is hard to believe this team folded their tents during the second part of the season and went home. Jeff Fisher generally does a better job than this.

They should hand the Superbowl Trophy over to NE and be done with it.

I don't think New England will have it made they still have some tough games left to be played, I know they drilled Pittsburg sunday but with the exception of 2 big plays I believe the steelers out played New England in the first half, and after superbowl 40 don't count the steelers out of anything, and then if The Colts ever get Marvin Harrison back and playing that will give Peyton somebody else to throw too that he didn't have in the first game against New England, and then in the NFC you have the Packers who didn't have a very good outing against Dallas could still come out because they have a good defense, a good running game in there new found RB Ryan Grant and Farve still throwing the ball and then there is Dallas there with Romo throwing to TO and right now, though they had a bad outing against Detroit, Can match offensive production with New England with the way they've played the past few games... New England may finish this season as 16-0 but will have a tough road to undefeated superbowl victory...

News flash. . . New England has ZERO tough regular season games left. Pissburgh was the last great hope for the '72 Dolphin Back-Slappys to pop the champagne. And to have an opinion that the Steelers were really ever in the game. . ., well, your football watching skills have developed some serious erosion.

Marvin is just about ruined, and IF he comes back for the playoffs, how does he shake off two months of rust on a torn up knee? The Colts MAY give them a game for awhile, but it will be played in Foxboro in January and that favors the Pats big time. Does Jax or San Diego have anything to keep up with the quick strike Pats? In the cold?

No, it looks like a steamroller into the Phoenix desert for the Minutemen. Dallas could give them a game, but tell me, which part of their game is superior to the Patriots? Nothing that pops into my mind.

I don't care that the Pats are going to be Super Bowl winners again because they are insufferable, but as Joe Friday said "Just the facts, ma'am."

Titans have to win every game to have a shot at this point. Thinking about the SD game, the Cincy and Denver games, and the Tampa game of what could've been. . .

C'mon FTT...you are disappointing me lately. You are better than this.....

Titans - Yes, it was a bad call. Still not getting any sympathy for me. You simply cannot give up a 2 TD lead late in the game if you want to make the playoffs. I really don't uinderstand Fisher/Chow's handling of Young right now. He is not, is not, is not a pocket passer. Especially right now and I am of the camp that does not think he ever will be. No, you cannot let him try to be Vick (before prison) and run all over the field, but give the guy a little wiggle room back here. Roll him out of the pocket, get him on the edges and let him run for those 6 or 7 yards occasionally if it is open. They have basically but their most dangerous offensive weapon in the holster in the midst of a playoff run. I don't understand it.

Colts - Disagree, and here is why. Game #1 against the Pats was the first time that Manning ever went into a game w/out Harrison. On top of that, Ugoh also sat that day. #1 receiver and starting left tackle. He was missing his two best friends on the field. Now, Ugoh is back and Gonzalez (who I also believe went down against the Pats and Moorehead had to play multiple downs - never good) is quickly becoming a legit #2 guy and Reggie Wayne is better and more dangerous than just about any #1 receiver on any team in the NFL except Moss and maybe T.O. Very quietly, even minus Harrison, the Colts offense is becoming quite potent once again.

Plus, Colts run game is better than the Pats as well as their defense. If it is a cold and frigid day on Jan 20 like most are expecting, I think the Colts are very well-equipped to play that game.

Pats are still the favorite, I just don't see it being a walk in the park.

As for their opponent - Don't count out the Packers just yet. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

C'mon Solomon, are you joining forces and drinking the Kool-Aid with 2P? I admired your loyalty to Petyon Manning but NE has the Indy's inside play calling video and audio library. NE will know what Indy will be calling before Peyton thinks it.

Tony Dungy comments on "really sad day for NFL" (HBO's Costas Now) with Bill Belichick cheating scandal has Bill head-hunting Tony this season.

Beware of the Hermit!