How did Mt. Pleasant loses to this team

toto

All I know is that McKenzie has the 2007 Silver Ball and none of those others below #1 does!!! Up untill tonight all the fussing was over the Gold Ball and all of a sudden everyone is debating for the Silver Ball for 2007!!! I'll tell ya'll where it is.............it's in the McKenzie High School Rebel trophy case now!!!!! End of story!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Who's fussing...... Enjoy that Silver.. We had to endure 3 straight.. (It kinda stings though), but still an oustanding yr. and good expereance for your Coach & younger boys.. Congrats

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its funny how everyone is giving Mckenzie no credit because they had a terrible game.

I don't necessarily agree with Geno's rankings but McKenzie had a terrible game because of what we were doing defensively and offensively. We had their number and we were that much better. I saw all of McKenzie's playoff games and they (and all of the other teams they played) are much slower than SP and at least 6 of the teams we played. At least 5 of the teams we played had better lines too. Team speed and line play in the West just didn't match up to the East this year.

Class 1 A State Rankings:

1. South Pittsburg.....They have the Gold Ball to prove it.

2. McKenzie....They have the Silver Ball to prove it.

3. Mt. Pleasant/Hampton......no trophy just speculation as to who is #3

Any other rankings that doesn't have South Pittsburg #1 and McKenzie #2 is opinion because these two teams did what they had to do to get to the Championship game.

Kudos to the Pirates and Rebels for getting to the Championship Game and having great seasons.

I don't necessarily agree with Geno's rankings but McKenzie had a terrible game because of what we were doing defensively and offensively. We had their number and we were that much better. I saw all of McKenzie's playoff games and they (and all of the other teams they played) are much slower than SP and at least 6 of the teams we played. At least 5 of the teams we played had better lines too. Team speed and line play in the West just didn't match up to the East this year.

Zone,

I agree with you. We had not been challenged really defensively until you guys and speed was the key. We had not seen any speed like you guys brought and it was the difference. And when Derrick did get set up to throw, he made a couple of nice throws that normally would be catches but your DB's were there knocking down the passes.

Congrats to your Pirates. They are the best 1A team in the state this year.

Hope to see you again in the Boro.

Class 1 A State Rankings:

1. South Pittsburg.....They have the Gold Ball to prove it.

2. McKenzie....They have the Silver Ball to prove it.

3. Mt. Pleasant/Hampton......no trophy just speculation as to who is #3

Any other rankings that doesn't have South Pittsburg #1 and McKenzie #2 is opinion because these two teams did what they had to do to get to the Championship game.

Kudos to the Pirates and Rebels for getting to the Championship Game and having great seasons.

I agree with Maverick /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

These 4 were the last 4 standing after the 3rd round. Got to be the top 4 no matter what.

I agree with Maverick /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

These 4 were the last 4 standing after the 3rd round. Got to be the top 4 no matter what.

At Least MTP wouldnt have CHOKED in the Championship. Make Fun of MT Daily all you want. Everyone in the State, the stands,the coaches, the 11 guys on Defense knew Daily is gonna get the ball AND STILL you couldnt stop Him.

MTP wouldnt have CHOCKED like McKenzie

At Least MTP wouldnt have CHOKED in the Championship. Make Fun of MT Daily all you want. Everyone in the State, the stands,the coaches, the 11 guys on Defense knew Daily is gonna get the ball AND STILL you couldnt stop Him.

Mt Pleasant choked the week prior instead.

McKenzie did what it took to get to the title game. They just played a team that was a good as some of the teams in 2A title game.

Hey Slappy MTP is in Middle Tennessee, You wouldnt sniff anything cause you are sitting at home at a computer screen. EAST EAST EAST, Great what do they do after High School. NOTHING.

Reminds me of a friend from college, He talked so much smack about the East till we came down there and put the smack down on yall

Enjoy the Moment

Well, for one thing,,,many former players go on to accomplish such accolades as becoming attorneys, doctors and accomplished individuals in the Community! But, good point we accomplish NOTHING! Give me a break! Petty emotional outbreaks to not warrant overly broad generalizations.

McKenzie didn't choked (or chock /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ) in the State... they just ran up against an exceptional team. I promise you MTP didn't want any of SP. I saw the McKenzie-MTP game. We would have shut Dailey down because MTP has very little blocking and almost no speed except for Dailey. It would have been very, very ugly.