Dyer Co. @ Gibson Co.

GCPioneer

I'll admit that Gibson Co.'s press is very solid and very hard to beat without causing a turnover...we have speed to be able to get the quick steal and the size down court to stop the lay ups...I'm going to take Gibson Co. by 13...I see them holding a solid 10-15 point lead all game but not being able to put away the Choctaws until the very end...

7Awatcher...did you get to watch when Kaitlin Dudley and Latoya Bellamy were the queens in 13AA???

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit that Gibson Co.'s press is very solid and very hard to beat without causing a turnover...we have speed to be able to get the quick steal and the size down court to stop the lay ups...I'm going to take Gibson Co. by 13...I see them holding a solid 10-15 point lead all game but not being able to put away the Choctaws until the very end...

7Awatcher...did you get to watch when Kaitlin Dudley and Latoya Bellamy were the queens in 13AA???

Yes, I believe Dudley was a sophmore and Bellamy was a junior the year I was there, then I was over for the Challenge and saw them again that year in Mid-South Classic and again in Murfreesboro.

Well, Kevin McMillan has a GREAT athlete this year in Heather Butler...she's a Sophomore PG and reminds me EXACTLY of Latoya Bellamy with her athleticism, speed, and ability to create a shot...If she does not get a Ms. Basketball candidate recognition within the next 2 years then that award has to be a joke...She is probably one of the top Sophomore's in the state easily...If you get a chance to watch Gibson Co. play this year, I want you to watch Heather play...She's great!!!!!

Dyer County hasnt seen a press like Gibson County will put on them. I may be surprised but I dont believe Dyer County has seen a team like they are fixing to run into. If Dyer County is 9-0 then they are fixing to be 9-2 after the next two games.

Bold text & a bold prediction ! I guess the Lady Choctaws oughtta just forfiet & not even show up ! Thank goodness they play the game on the court instead of on these threads ! Note that I did not & will not make a prediction either way, but there has been a lot of "crow" served up already to those that picked the football team for the cellar this past fall. Now the Lady Chocs are surprising some people ! Preseason polls & opinions on here really aren't worth much when you get right down to it. I hope that we all get to enjoy some exciting basketball. Hey you never know about what kind of press they've seen Angie may have seen Pat (Summitt) use male pracitice players & what better press to practice against than the D.C. boys team ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Now maybe you're right & maybe you'll be proven wrong ! All I did was statistically predict a great game to watch ! Looks to me to be a great game in the making. I really hate I won't be able to be there.

GO LADY CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Kevin McMillan has a GREAT athlete this year in Heather Butler...she's a Sophomore PG and reminds me EXACTLY of Latoya Bellamy with her athleticism, speed, and ability to create a shot...If she does not get a Ms. Basketball candidate recognition within the next 2 years then that award has to be a joke...She is probably one of the top Sophomore's in the state easily...If you get a chance to watch Gibson Co. play this year, I want you to watch Heather play...She's great!!!!!

The funny thing is Kevin McMillan has two girls that he worked with that could be a Miss Basketball in the future coming out of 13AA. Heather Butler is an outstanding talent, I've watched her since the 6th grade. She has all the tools to be a great one and now she has a motivator in Kevin McMillan that will only push her to a new level.

Amber Rechis of Westview is going to be a great one and Kevin & Paige McMillan deserve alot of credit for Ambers success. Amber has the ability and work ethic that it takes to be a star in this league but the McMillans challenged her and spent hours with her in those 6th, 7th & 8th grade years to help make Amber what she is today, a star. It would not surprise me if either or both girls are not nominated for Miss Basketball someday.

13AA has another sophmore that has all the tools to be in this same group, Chasidy Fussell from Obion. She has all the tools, stays in the gym and has the work ethic of the other two girls. It wouldnt surprise me to see her name on the Miss Basketball nominees someday. I know there is no way that three girls can come out of the same district but if I had to choose one right now it would be a tough choice..

Bold text & a bold prediction ! I guess the Lady Choctaws oughtta just forfiet & not even show up ! Thank goodness they play the game on the court instead of on these threads ! Note that I did not & will not make a prediction either way, but there has been a lot of "crow" served up already to those that picked the football team for the cellar this past fall. Now the Lady Chocs are surprising some people ! Preseason polls & opinions on here really aren't worth much when you get right down to it. I hope that we all get to enjoy some exciting basketball. Hey you never know about what kind of press they've seen Angie may have seen Pat (Summitt) use male pracitice players & what better press to practice against than the D.C. boys team ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Now maybe you're right & maybe you'll be proven wrong ! All I did was statistically predict a great game to watch ! Looks to me to be a great game in the making. I really hate I won't be able to be there.

GO LADY CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!

Choctaw...They may as well show up ..Because the Lady Chocs are going to win..I've seen both teams play and with Cupples back..I give the nod to Dyer Co..Gibson Co has lost to Bradford and although they beat Central..Roney came out in the game in the 3rd quarter ,so I'm not sure Gibson Co would have won the game had she played all the way..Plus ..I heard they hit a lot of 3's..May have just been their night...Dyer Co by 6 to 10..

Well 63 - 61 GC huh ! Sounds like a much closer affair than Greenfieldfan had figured ! I wouldn't try to make a livin' playin the spreads if I were you ! Congrats to the Lady Pioneers ! But I just gotta know one thing was it at the "buzzer" ! Seems the Lady Chocs are a worthy opponent after all ! Losin' by 2 in "GC's House" ! No need to hang your heads Ladies ! Use it for motivation ! Gotta bounce back & refocus ! Lots of basketball to play yet ! District games are important (very important) but playin' your best ball come Tourney Time is just as important if not more ! Not many IF any will go undefeated ! Take your losses with your heads high & with class & move on to the next one with nothin' but WINNIN' on your mind !

Nope, Gibson Co. won it before the buzzard beater...Gibson Co. played it's second worse game of the year besides the Bradford game...Dyer Co. has improved drastically!!!! I knew it'd be a good game and knew it would not have been a blowout...13AA is a wide open District!!! I heard OC beat Milan by around 20 tonight!

Nope, Gibson Co. won it before the buzzard beater...Gibson Co. played it's second worse game of the year besides the Bradford game...Dyer Co. has improved drastically!!!! I knew it'd be a good game and knew it would not have been a blowout...13AA is a wide open District!!! I heard OC beat Milan by around 20 tonight!

I heard D.C. had a chance for the tie late @ the "Charity Stripe" & missed the free throws ! One of the Jones girls I heard. Also heard she took it hard. Don't fret it girl .... you'll have many more opportuities to make folks pay ! Just keep your head up & maintain a positive attitude ! Keep doin' what you've been doin' ALL year ( though the season is young) You'll be fine & so will the rest Lady Choctaws ! Win as a T-E-A-M & take your losses as a T-E-A-M ! You have all played too well this season to let one setback during the regular season get you down ! Champions overcome adversity ! Put this one in the rear view mirror & get focused on & prepared for Milan ! Sometimes a "wake up call" ain't as bad as it seems ! A tough loss makes ou want it more the next time you take the court ! Just BRING IT ........... & when it's over & done with know that you've left it all on the "hardwood" ! Things are still lookin' very good on the "Reservation" to me !

GO LADY CHOCTAWS !

Well 63 - 61 GC huh ! Sounds like a much closer affair than Greenfieldfan had figured ! I wouldn't try to make a livin' playin the spreads if I were you ! Congrats to the Lady Pioneers ! But I just gotta know one thing was it at the "buzzer" ! Seems the Lady Chocs are a worthy opponent after all ! Losin' by 2 in "GC's House" ! No need to hang your heads Ladies ! Use it for motivation ! Gotta bounce back & refocus ! Lots of basketball to play yet ! District games are important (very important) but playin' your best ball come Tourney Time is just as important if not more ! Not many IF any will go undefeated ! Take your losses with your heads high & with class & move on to the next one with nothin' but WINNIN' on your mind !

choctaw,

Thank you for the advice and no I wont be betting on any of the games. When I predict a score it is all in fun. Dyer County is playing in one of the hardest districts in Tennessee so things are going to get alot tougher the next part of the season. Dyer Countys 9-0 record has everyone excited and I understand why. Noone will go without a loss or two in this district. In my opinion Dyer County is playing for the #3 or #4 spot in the district but who knows. When you have teams like Obion, Milan, Gibson County, Westview & Dyersburg and Dyer County its a tough district. To make it out of the district would be a great season for Dyer County or anyone. Dyer County is catching a mad Milan team after last night so I wouldnt be surprised to see tem take another loss Friday night.

Gibson Co. played it's second worse game of the year besides the Bradford game...

I wasnt at the game but GCPioneer goes to all of them and knows what he's talking about. Its going to be a long tough season for everybody..