Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

I would like to see Jackson County play in this disrict. They would lose 2 or three.Last year they would not get out of the district. Not putting them down just stating an obvious fact.Trenton is pretty good. They are capable of competing on the state level. Never seen a star in 14a show up at another school from one year to the next or anyone else for that matter.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Jackson County play in this disrict. They would lose 2 or three.Last year they would not get out of the district. Not putting them down just stating an obvious fact.Trenton is pretty good. They are capable of competing on the state level. Never seen a star in 14a show up at another school from one year to the next or anyone else for that matter.

Are you questioning ptguard12? How dare you! They probably have forgotten more about bb than you will ever know. If I remember correctly ptguard12 told us all year that Gleason was the team to beat and as usual was right as Gleason had the best team in class A. They are in 14a, correct? Another note, if you live long enough you may see a lot of things in 14a and elsewhere for that matter.

On the WH Heritage VS McEwen game....you're right it is going to be a good matchup and a big game for 10 A. I see that McEwen is coming off of two games this week, with two losses on Monday(Perry Co.) and Tuesday night(Stewart Co.) , Heritage did not play this week yet because FC Boyd forfieted the game scheduled for Tue night....(I guess too long of a drive). That brings me to the point which is better three games in one week or one on Friday. The Heritage girls have had the whole week to prepair for the game and should come in ready,fresh, also a home game for WHH. On the other hand McEwen will have had more game experience and you cant do that at practice, but may be a little worn down after two games and a road trip. Only time will tell.

GO Lady Patriots.

Are you questioning ptguard12? How dare you! They probably have forgotten more about bb than you will ever know. If I remember correctly ptguard12 told us all year that Gleason was the team to beat and as usual was right as Gleason had the best team in class A. They are in 14a, correct? Another note, if you live long enough you may see a lot of things in 14a and elsewhere for that matter.

I think pg12 picked Forrest to beat Gleason so they should not have even met JC.I may see a lot of things in 14a but I have not yet.in 14a you have to be ready to play 16 to 18 tough district games every year or you will get beat.

I think pg12 picked Forrest to beat Gleason so they should not have even met JC.I may see a lot of things in 14a but I have not yet.in 14a you have to be ready to play 16 to 18 tough district games every year or you will get beat.

Isn't that strange 7A, SOMEONE ELSE WHO JUST JOINED TODAY? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I don't agree...the only REAL powerhouses in 14A with state championships to back it up is Trenton by winning 2 back to back a couple years ago, Gleason winning it last year and always playing late into the season, and Bradford with their state championships they won back in the day with Tonya Tuggles and Michelle Street...The rest of the District is ok every year...16 to 18 tough District games I don't agree with...maybe 10 at the most just depending on who your team is...Gleason, Trenton, Bradford, Lake Co., and Dresden I would say have around 10 tough District games with those 5 teams being a tad bit better than the rest of the teams in the District...If your South Fulton or Greenfield this year you have a tough District game every time it is a District game...

I'll tell you that if Jackson Co. was in Dist. 14A they would've been second and been the biggest challenge for Gleason to win 14A...Jackson Co. is a powerhouse EVERY year and always have talent going through that school system...If they were in 14A this year, they'd be blowing District opponents out of the water with ease this year

I'll tell you that if Jackson Co. was in Dist. 14A they would've been second and been the biggest challenge for Gleason to win 14A...Jackson Co. is a powerhouse EVERY year and always have talent going through that school system...If they were in 14A this year, they'd be blowing District opponents out of the water with ease this year

I agree with you about Jackson County this year. It doesnt matter what district or what class they are in this year, they would dominate it. (Even 13AA) Jackson County added a Miss Basketball and several others since last year plus they are a year older.

But last year there were 6 teams in 14A that would have beaten Jackson County. Gleason was the best team but there were 6 quality teams in 07. This year 14A is down from last year but the big difference is Jackson County is trillions better than they were last year.

I had Gleason #1 for the majority of the year last year after seeing them play really early in the year. I kept them at #1 despite receiving constant criticism from everyone else east of the Tennessee River telling me that there was no way they would win the gold ball. However, I knew how special Hudson was and how she was surrounded with what seemed like a perfect supporting cast to help her get the job done.

As for the Forrest/Gleason game: On paper, Forrest appeared to overmatch Gleason at a variety of positions (especially in the post), they had more offensive options than Gleason, and they also were the defending State Champions, whereas no one on the Gleason team had any State Tournament experience and they had just recently lost to Lake County. Gleason was dominate at the State Tournament last year, especially on the defensive end, and they rode the offense of the superb Kayla Hudson the entire way. They proved why they deserved to be ranked #1 for the majority of the year. There is no team in 14A this year (at least not yet anyway) that is even close to being on the same level Gleason was last year.

I had Gleason #1 for the majority of the year last year after seeing them play really early in the year. I kept them at #1 despite receiving constant criticism from everyone else east of the Tennessee River telling me that there was no way they would win the gold ball. However, I knew how special Hudson was and how she was surrounded with what seemed like a perfect supporting cast to help her get the job done.

As for the Forrest/Gleason game: On paper, Forrest appeared to overmatch Gleason at a variety of positions (especially in the post), they had more offensive options than Gleason, and they also were the defending State Champions, whereas no one on the Gleason team had any State Tournament experience and they had just recently lost to Lake County. Gleason was dominate at the State Tournament last year, especially on the defensive end, and they rode the offense of the superb Kayla Hudson the entire way. They proved why they deserved to be ranked #1 for the majority of the year. There is no team in 14A this year (at least not yet anyway) that is even close to being on the same level Gleason was last year.

Thanks for the verification, and remember it's not good to talk when ptguard12 speaks. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Better be listening /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thanks for the verification, and remember it's not good to talk when ptguard12 speaks. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Better be listening /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Amen to that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />