South Pittsburg

Tha Chosen One

How many of those young lads that played football play on the hardwood? Do you get into basketball like you seem to in football? I usually try to go around the area and watch different games during basketball season. I will make 4 or 5 Marion games, a couple of SP games, and I ALWAYS enjoy watching the Howard/Brainerd and Temple/Grace games. Those are some you should never miss, if you want too see some competitive basketball.

I wish I could see every game, but that is not possible with the work schedule. I will get to see some of them this year. If there is a good game outside this area (say the Chattanooga area) then yes I have been known to travel and watch them. Do you referee?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a no young lad. I don't envy those guys that get paid a few dollars to get yelled at by the coaches. If you get a chance make sure you catch one of those Brainerd/Howard basketball games. They are pretty wild, expecially if you have never witnessed one. Both sides are about as fierce as they come in those games.

really gentlemen this "living legend" talk is a little sickening isn't it?...and really sorta infantile for grown adults. i am sure these coaches in marion county are good guys and work hard but the only great coaches i have known of in this state were people like rick insell, jim smiddy and buck van huss, people with more wins than you can count. don't make a farce of things...please.

really gentlemen this "living legend" talk is a little sickening isn't it?...and really sorta infantile for grown adults. i am sure these coaches in marion county are good guys and work hard but the only great coaches i have known of in this state were people like rick insell, jim smiddy and buck van huss, people with more wins than you can count. don't make a farce of things...please.

Oh, come on now Mr. Topper. Don't you think people can be a Living Legend in just his or her county or area? You don't have to be known state wide to be a local legend do you? I know many local Living Legends that are just that. They are local Living Legends, but probably not that big of a Legend on a state wide scale. If you would like, I could call someone a Local Legend. LOL

Mr. Topper, do you watch alot of roundball? What team do you support?

Thats right! SP is better, but Marion is a lot better! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

SP is A LOT better this year because they have better, more mature athletes who (i think) have some senior leadership finally. Jasper is pretty good this year, too, no doubt. That's why I think those games will be wars! Too bad for the red-headed step-children in Whitwell, huh? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Who is coaching the Pirates?

For the record, there was a time when Whitwell and Dunlap were very good basketball teams, boring but good. SP was good AND exciting.

David Phillips, former coach at Marion County came back to teach at South Pittsburg and originally wasn't going to be the basketball coach. He started out by coaching Middle School softball and then the following year was offered the Basketball job.

CSAS vs South Pitt tonight right? Should be a good indication as to how south pitt will do this year. Thoughts anyone?

Hampton of Arts and Sciences was slumping during the christmas tournament but i still think AS wins by about 25....somewhere around 75-50...i think the first quarter will be real close, csas will bust away big time in the second and third quarter and then south pitt may come back a little in the fourth...

Hampton of Arts and Sciences was slumping during the christmas tournament but i still think AS wins by about 25....somewhere around 75-50...i think the first quarter will be real close, csas will bust away big time in the second and third quarter and then south pitt may come back a little in the fourth...

this kid right here is very close to what will happen except i believe that South Pitt never gets close to CSAS Tonight, i believe CSAS will put 80 up on them South pitt doesnt score more than 60

hampton and mcCoy and cobb will have a great game!

Would a BB coach with ~450 wins count?