• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Chester vs 5. Camden @ 6pm 2/15/08 Friday

3. Southside vs 6. Lexington @ 7:30 on Friday

Monday Semifinals

1. Bolivar vs Chester/Camden 6pm 2/18/08

2. McNairy vs Southside/Lexington 7:30 pm

Does anyone know how McNairy got the 2 seed over Southside? Did they flip for it and McNairy won it? I was just wondering if that was the tiebreaker used.

Let's hear some predictions:

1st Round

Chester over Camden by 13

Southside over Lexington by 15

Semi-Finals

Bolivar over Chester by 22

McNairy over Southside by 3

3rd Place Game

Southside over Chester by 10

Championship

Bolivar over McNairy by 15

I've pretty much kept my mouth thut all eyar on this, but is hackashaq and all his cohorts happy now?

I've wondered that myself Solomon. Where are all the Lexington faithful who were so quick to criticize every move Coach Gardner made in the 20+ win seasons that he had while at Lexington. Not much to say now huh! Happy I hope.

I believe Coach Qualls did what was necessary to give his team the best chance to advance and they almost pulled it off.

Lexington is rich with good young talent. The kids are buying into Coach Qualls' system and their future looks bright.

Well, a 37-33 final tells me that either both teams shot about 20% or less from the field or one team went Dean Smith pre shot-clock to keep the score low.

Never said it wasn't a good strategy, just wondered if that was the strategy.

I've pretty much kept my mouth thut all eyar on this, but is hackashaq and all his cohorts happy now?

I think some of us Lexington fans fooled ourselves into thinking that we where up there with the Bolivar's and the Liberty's. Now people are looking back at those Bolivar and Liberty teams and realizing that we didn't come close to having the talent those teams had.

I thought we could run with them at first, but after we had played both of those teams, I knew better. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think some of us Lexington fans fooled ourselves into thinking that we where up there with the Bolivar's and the Liberty's. Now people are looking back at those Bolivar and Liberty teams and realizing that we didn't come close to having the talent those teams had.

I thought we could run with them at first, but after we had played both of does teams, I knew better. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We tried telling you not to be drinking the LHSDribblingSamuari's or whatever the person's name was kool-aid. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Lexington was really young and I believe you guys will do good next year. Bolivar is a basketball school just like Lexington is a baseball school. They will always be good in basketball as will Lexington in baseball. The experience the young guys gained this year will only make them better. I believe McNairy will be in for a long season, like you guys had this year, next year. Their starting five and top two subs are all seniors. In schools like Bolivar and Haywood, they are just about always contenders and the rest of the schools usually go in cycles. They are good for a few years then rebuild. Good Luck to you guys next year. Man, a few years ago I never would have thought about wishing you guys luck. What's this world coming to? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Semi-Finals

Bolivar 64

Chester Co 56

Bolivar was in control for most of the game. Chester Co cut it to 4 behind Armstrong and Spain in the 2nd half but that is as close as they got. Does anybody know why Reaves did not play in the 1st half and why Rhodes sat out most of the 2nd half? I know Rhodes was in a little foul trouble but he still didn't play much in the 4th.

Southside 77

McNairy 70

This game was close throughout the game. The biggest lead got to 9 by Southside. The teams went back and forth with the lead in 4th. McNairy went for a 3 on a 4 on 1 break down by two late in the 4th and missed. Southside then converted on the other end and hit their FT's down the stretch.

Wed 2/20

3rd Place

Chester Co vs McNairy 6:00

Championship

Southside vs Bolivar 7:30