Sullivan South Outlook 08'

rebelfan92

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Backfield is rock solid with good hands all around. We've got 6 solid RB's. The time will be spent gelling the WR's with Brad. We all know it takes time to get that chemistry and that will be the concentration. Kitz, Watterson, Zanoni and then Blaken and Garvin at TE's. Awesome. O Line will fall in. D will be a challenge as always. At least there is plenty of experience coming back. Bristol is packed up tight for '08 also. Dog eat dog.

South will be good next year, don't get me wrong, but no where near what they were this year. Yes, the coaching over there is good, but ultimately its the players that count. I think that Fletcher kid and Kitzmiller will be players to watch. However, next year, South won't be taking the MLC title. It will be a dog fight between THS and Johnson County. Both teams were young this year, and will loose few starters. THS looses hardly any of their offense and Johnson County looses maybe a couple starters on both sides of the ball if that. I expect South to do no worse than 3rd in the conference.As much as I love my Vikings, I have to be worried about Johnson County next year. They have been pushed around for the past couple years by South and THS and next year, I believe we both play them on the mountain which will be tough.It will be tough to tell though -- until next year!!!!

South will be good next year, don't get me wrong, but no where near what they were this year. Yes, the coaching over there is good, but ultimately its the players that count. I think that Fletcher kid and Kitzmiller will be players to watch. However, next year, South won't be taking the MLC title. It will be a dog fight between THS and Johnson County. Both teams were young this year, and will loose few starters. THS looses hardly any of their offense and Johnson County looses maybe a couple starters on both sides of the ball if that. I expect South to do no worse than 3rd in the conference.As much as I love my Vikings, I have to be worried about Johnson County next year. They have been pushed around for the past couple years by South and THS and next year, I believe we both play them on the mountain which will be tough.It will be tough to tell though -- until next year!!!!

That's what I like about you 269...you ain't skeered to say what you think. 'Difference between you and Cap is that he is statistically more successful in his predictions. You are more attuned to emotion. Hey, but I respect ya 'cause when it goes south for ya you admit it out loud. We know you loadin' big guns this time. We know about Harmon. We saw what was what that Friday night. But we gonna' uncover the heavy guns too. We didn't use 'em much with Curt and all but we will use them this year. Might not oughta' write us off just yet 'cause we got a taste of what that 14th game does for you. We want some more. So we will see you bye and bye.

That's what I like about you 269...you ain't skeered to say what you think. 'Difference between you and Cap is that he is statistically more successful in his predictions. You are more attuned to emotion. Hey, but I respect ya 'cause when it goes south for ya you admit it out loud. We know you loadin' big guns this time. We know about Harmon. We saw what was what that Friday night. But we gonna' uncover the heavy guns too. We didn't use 'em much with Curt and all but we will use them this year. Might not oughta' write us off just yet 'cause we got a taste of what that 14th game does for you. We want some more. So we will see you bye and bye.

Watch for the boys from Besty they return D Carr(stays healthy could be up for player of the year in conference) and C Forbes(both with good speed) which could possibly be the best one two punch around hardly loses anyone from Defense.Coach already has them all working hard in the weight room. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Watch for the boys from Besty they return D Carr(stays healthy could be up for player of the year in conference) and C Forbes(both with good speed) which could possibly be the best one two punch around hardly loses anyone from Defense.Coach already has them all working hard in the weight room. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Agreed...'Betsy is back in the highlihgt for '08.

from a Maryville Hgh fan who will be back next year? wasn't Kitzmiller a junior?

When I give their grade---it's this year's grade------------

Jeffers (Jr) moves from WR to QB; wished he had received more snaps this past year, but has looked good when he was there and is expected to fill that spot well. Fletcher-Jr- (MLC-1st Team) returns at running back, Bobby Taylor-SO, along with Clint Phillips-SO, Wes Williams-SO, all have oppt. to step up in the backfield. WRs---Kitzmiller (MLC-1st Team), Seth Watterson-So, Ashton Zanonit-So, will be depended on to play well. Harless, Rasnake, and Hopkins will be missed on the OL, ---Hunter Beedle-Jr-(MLC-2nd Team) and T.J.Blanken-Jr-(MLC Hon.Mention) will anchor the OL at guard and center, with Ty Garvin-So, back at TE, along with up and coming Sophs Sam Conaway, Zach Ervin, and Jake Logue.

Defensively---The linebackers are in tact with Clint Phillips-So-(MLC 1st Team OLB) and Ty Garvin-So-(MLC 1st ILB), along with Taylor Fletcher-Jr and Bobby Taylor-So--having played well during limited time. Michael Acero-OLB graduates. Chris Collins-DE and Spencer Sandidge-Corner will be missed as they graduate, as well as Houston Martin and Curt Phillips at Safety.

Charlie Columbo-JR-(MLC Hon.Mention Corner) and Caleb Kitzmiller-Jr- will lead the def.secondary with sophomores Zanoni, Watterson, Dillon Ellis, Williams--vieing for starting positions. The Def.Line graduates (Collins, Rasnake, Harless, Fisher, Hopkins). Blanken-Jr-DE-returns --but interior line will be replaced. Punter and kicker, both, return--

Jordan Willingham-led the conf. in PATs and set school record. The keys to sucess will be replacing the QB, obviously, and replacing the Off.and Def. interior line. The juniour class brings some help, as does the soph class, who won the Region I Middle School Championship, won the MLC Freshman Championship, and played big role in winning the MLC JV Championship. The Freshman have several outstanding talents that can help at running back, def.secondary, and linebacker. These Rebels have a tradition of winning and all have excellent work ethic. Looking forward to another yr of Rebel Football!!!!!!!!!!!!