David Lipscomb's Schedule

DeepSouth44

It seems every year that DL is very healthy rolling into the playoffs because they never play anybody in the regular season. I mean the teams they play are a jokes. Unlike the the teams like Fulton, Catholic, and AE, who play tough schedules. I think it is time for Lipscomb too Step up and play someone out of 3A like a BA,MBA,Hillsboro, or teams similar to there caliber around the Nashville area. Until they strengthen their schedule, there state Championship is kind of a joke because they don't have the ware and tare other teams do going into the playoffs . They lost to Goodpasture who got blown out by Alcoa in the 2A title game. Just puting this out there and would like other people's thoughts. Also I AM NOT A FULTON FAN!!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems every year that DL is very healthy rolling into the playoffs because they never play anybody in the regular season. I mean the teams they play are a jokes. Unlike the the teams like Fulton, Catholic, and AE, who play tough schedules. I think it is time for Lipscomb too Step up and play someone out of 3A like a BA,MBA,Hillsboro, or teams similar to there caliber around the Nashville area. Until they strengthen their schedule, there state Championship is kind of a joke because they don't have the ware and tare other teams do going into the playoffs . They lost to Goodpasture who got blown out by Alcoa in the 2A title game. Just puting this out there and would like other people's thoughts. Also I AM NOT A FULTON FAN!!!!

First of all never mind the wear and tear part Lipscomb is the state champ. Secondly if you look at Lipscombs schedule they did play as you mentioned the 2A state runner up as well as Stratford a 5A school. Also in their region they played a talented Marshall county with a Mr Football and Alabama commitment. Marshall county has the athletes but for whatever reason cant win. Furthermore they played Greenbriar who two years ago was in the state championship. Also let me be the first to commend Giles county. People do not realize how good they were this year. Giles Coach has only lost 5 games in the last three years and three of them have been to Lipscomb. Much of the reason Lipscombs schedule is the way it is out of the Coaches hands. Many but not all Higher classificationn teams simply will not play Lipscomb anymore In the past ten years Lipscomb played 4A Springfield, Division II BGA, Pearl Cohn, Whitehouse, Hillsboro, Hillwood, Clarksville NE. Now Lipscomb struggles to find 10 games a year of people who will play them. Also to say Lipscombs state championship is a joke is laughable and simply wrong. They won the same amount of playoff games as anyone else and made the plays to win the games. The bottom line is it matters how you finish the season.

First of all never mind the wear and tear part Lipscomb is the state champ. Secondly if you look at Lipscombs schedule they did play as you mentioned the 2A state runner up as well as Stratford a 5A school. Also in their region they played a talented Marshall county with a Mr Football and Alabama commitment. Marshall county has the athletes but for whatever reason cant win. Furthermore they played Greenbriar who two years ago was in the state championship. Also let me be the first to commend Giles county. People do not realize how good they were this year. Giles Coach has only lost 5 games in the last three years and three of them have been to Lipscomb. Much of the reason Lipscombs schedule is the way it is out of the Coaches hands. Many but not all Higher classificationn teams simply will not play Lipscomb anymore In the past ten years Lipscomb played 4A Springfield, Division II BGA, Pearl Cohn, Whitehouse, Hillsboro, Hillwood, Clarksville NE. Now Lipscomb struggles to find 10 games a year of people who will play them. Also to say Lipscombs state championship is a joke is laughable and simply wrong. They won the same amount of playoff games as anyone else and made the plays to win the games. The bottom line is it matters how you finish the season.

Stratford is terrible, and Greenbriar was in the state game two years ago...exactly two years ago.Giles Co doesn't play anyone either.

Stratford is terrible, and Greenbriar was in the state game two years ago...exactly two years ago.Giles Co doesn't play anyone either.

You should do a little research before belittling everyones schedule. You have not even seen any of these teams play. The schedules are not a joke, you are.

Well Giles County played the state champion this year so I guess that counts for something. Lipscomb proved they were the best team in the state there is nothing anyone can say to tarnish that because they proved it on the field.

Well Giles County played the state champion this year so I guess that counts for something. Lipscomb proved they were the best team in the state there is nothing anyone can say to tarnish that because they proved it on the field.

Best team in the state...or for 3A. Cause i know Smyrna,MBA,Alcoa, and Maryville are way better than DL.

2 things -

1. Lipscomb won a state championship in their class. So, why does it matter what kind of schedule they played? They obviously won the only game really that mattered.

2. I would guess that teams like Hillsboro, BA and MBA that were mentioned would not want to play Lipscomb. Playing Lipscomb would be a no-win situation for those schools.

JMHO

2 things -

1. Lipscomb won a state championship in their class. So, why does it matter what kind of schedule they played? They obviously won the only game really that mattered.

2. I would guess that teams like Hillsboro, BA and MBA that were mentioned would not want to play Lipscomb. Playing Lipscomb would be a no-win situation for those schools.

JMHO

Lipscomb has played Hillsboro before. Lipscomb beat Pearl-Cohn the year they won the 4A Title. Lipscomb has only defeated BA twice. MBA and LIpscomb have met many times in pre-season scrimmages. Their middle schools and JV teams have met in the past. In 2002, BGA beat MBA. Lipscomb beat BGA. MBA wins D-II State Title, Lipscomb wins 2A state title. Overall Lipscomb has a winning record over Alcoa. Lipscomb lost to the Duncan school in the 1930's. Whats any of this have to do with this year's schedule and state title.

Best team in the state...or for 3A. Cause i know Smyrna,MBA,Alcoa, and Maryville are way better than DL.

They obviously are the best team in 3A and it sounds like to me we have a lipscomb hater on our hands. I am not going to try to argue about Lipscomb being a great program because no matter what you will disagree but you cant argue with the facts in 5 of the last six years DL has been in Murfreesboro and by the way Coach MAC sets the schedule up for 15 games a season.

Once again here is someone trying to belittle what Lipscomb has done. I think people like to do it because they have nothing better to talk about. Lipscomb won. They beat Fulton. They beat Mitchell. They beat the teams that have a so called tough schedule so how could you try and bash them. They won. Get over it. They were better than those teams. Forget wear and tear they just got it done. Your argument is terrible. And you cant say those teams are better than Lipscomb because they didnt play each other so you never know till you play em. Find somethin else to belittle