Z Plan?

1stdown

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump

I have a question for ya 1stdown. If the Z plan goes into action wouldn't that mean that small 2a schools such as East Hickman would have to compete regionally with some larger 3a schools such as Creek Wood, Cheatham, Sycamore? What would the regional dividing line be? Or would they just go by the basketball districts?

I have a question for ya 1stdown. If the Z plan goes into action wouldn't that mean that small 2a schools such as East Hickman would have to compete regionally with some larger 3a schools such as Creek Wood, Cheatham, Sycamore? What would the regional dividing line be? Or would they just go by the basketball districts?

From what I understand, all teams would play in the basketball/baseball districts, in 3 classes. Then T$$AA would reclassify into 5 classes for the playoffs. If anyone has more info, please chime in. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the 2A teams would have to play the 3A teams.The same for 4A teams against 5A teams.The reason the five classes were started was to cut the size of the schools playing each other.This plan would force the smaller schools to play the bigger.In 9AAA Beech and Mt.Juliet both 4A in football would be playing Gallatin,Hendersonville,Smyrna, La Vergne and Wilson Central all 5A schools. They already play some of these teams, but they choose to,not forced to.

Mt. Juliet will be playing those teams anyway because they will move to 5A in '09, Correct? I may be wrong. This is just like anything else TSSAA does, it will make some people happy and most people upset. It will be interesting to see what they will do. If anyone knows anything, let us know. Do not be silent. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

From what I have heard the Z plan or the playoff system used by the 2A'S this past season with wild cards are the two most looked at plans. The Z plan and the 2A playoff format are two totally different things.In the Z plan 2A and 3A teams would have to play each other in the regular season. 4A and 5A would also play. It would just depend who was in your basketball district. The playoff system used in 2A is set up with 27 teams making the playoffs by finishing in the top three in their regions. Five teams would make the playoffs as at large teams from state wide. The thing about that system is the teams are all 2A in each region.The Z plan would not split teams until the playoffs.If there were 120 teams in 2A basketball ,the 60 smallest schools would be 2A football, and the 60 biggest would be 3A football.The top two teams from each district receive playoff spots to whatever class they fall into. The rest of the teams would be picked as wild cards from across the state. My biggest problem with it is that I would hate to be one of the small schools having to play the bigger schools to make the playoffs.Go ask some of the small schools how it was in the day of three classes.It wasn't how far you would go in the playoffs, but could you get there. I did have someone in the know tell me today the Z plan was losing support. I STILL THINK THERE COULD BE FOUR CLASSES IN ALL SPORTS.

• 4 weeks later...

I just can't understand why the T$$AA would want to go back to 3 classes or even go to 4 classes. The means less money for their wallet.

If the T$$AA is really for the kids...go 5 classes in every sport. Maybe you couldn't do it in every sport, but I would be willing to bet you could do it in basketball, baseball, softball, soccer and keeping it in football. You could do it in all sports if you really wanted to. Doesn't Alabama and Georgia do the same thing?