Jo Byrns Basketbal

ready2play

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Anderson would at least have to be in the running for best coach, I mean he probably has twice as many wins as anyone in the district, won a championship at a college level, and was inducted into the TSSAA hall of fame in 1998.....pretty good stats to me....

. . . and into the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame in 2003; the same year as Pat Summitt. Not to mention that he has taken Nashville Christian from a team that won (according to CoachT) 2 games in 2001-2002 to averaging 20 wins (taking into account one rebuilding year with 8) since then. It is really not close who the best is.

Well im not saying that back in the day he wasnt a good coach but the game has changed. But times are changing and just talking to certain people and watching them play it seems as if they dont have many offensive plays and aren't up to date with other teams. And about the talent issue, they have had some good talent come through the past 3 to 4 years but havent done much with it. And this years team is very talented and even the coach has said it so if you doubt what i say then read the On The Ball Magazine. They can all shoot, dribble, and are just pure athletes and play D as well.

what's a coach supposed to say... we aren't any good, probably won't win a game, our talent is way down..

give me a break, the coach is going to be positive and make the best of what he's got... in today's environment if you tell a kid or a parent the truth about how bad or what lack of talent he/she really has they would go cry in the corner and call you a "hater".... we are in the middle of the purple haze era (you know... barney = everybody's special, everybody's got talent, etc)... if you don't know the name Freddie MacIntosh or James Gardner then you don't know much about Jo Byrns basketball... might even add in Tim Farmer to that mix... those guys could play - ask Coach about them!

What about the assistant coach at JBS, what is his name.... I heard that he was good when he played at JBS... is this true.... Does Anderson say alot during practice, I do not see him say that much when he is at the games, DEF a wealth of bball knowledge...... McEwen and NCS has had some heated battles the last few years.... love the enviroment

He was a VOLUNTEER assistant. There is a HUGE difference between the head coach of a National Championship team and a volunteer assistant who drives over from Father Ryan for practice every day. Sorry, no comparison.

Just like theres no comparison to a coach that took over a program at a private school and a coach who started the program at a brand new school and beats NC routinely, this year may be different but Heritage has dominated that series the last 3 years. Both coaches are great and you could have arguments for both being the best coach in the district. Wether he was an assistant or not I dont know but everyone has always talked highly of Petrone at Vanderbilt and any other school hes been at.

Just like theres no comparison to a coach that took over a program at a private school and a coach who started the program at a brand new school and beats NC routinely, this year may be different but Heritage has dominated that series the last 3 years. Both coaches are great and you could have arguments for both being the best coach in the district. Wether he was an assistant or not I dont know but everyone has always talked highly of Petrone at Vanderbilt and any other school hes been at.

Yeah, everybody but Big Chief.

Forgot about Charlie. He's a great coach too. Here's a question - would you rather be a head coach at a juco school or an assistant at an SEC school?

First being a head coach on a National Championship team is a much bigger accompishment than an assistant (esp. a volunteer) at Vanderbilt....Do assistant coaches in big conferences not step down to small colleges daily for headcoaching oppurtunities...(they seem to think that it is a promotion)...That being said both coaches are very good coaches...They both do alot with the hands they are dealt. ...I would also probably throw Coach Ross of McEwen in the mix as well.. He always has pretty good success with the hand he is dealt...