Antioch vs Hunters Lane

Icy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why cancel the game? This is probably the best game in Nashville tonite. Bring extra security, wand people at the entrance. Don't let the actions of a few mess it up for those who are doing the right thing.

I think they cancelled the game because there was credible evidence something was going to happen. There is always a chance that tempers will flair at any game, but if there is a reasonable chance that someone is planning a serious attack (ie shooting) then the game needs to be postponed.

As for Antioch, maybe I am a bit naive, but the area is a relatively nice place to live. Sure there is a large immigrant population and some pockets of problems, but overall its pretty safe. I can't speak for the high school, but I am a proud member of the community.

That's our problem as a society, its on everyone else. No one wants to take responsibility, and everyone has the answer in their mind. Don't talk about, be about. It does take a village, it is not up to one person. for you older folks, remember your childhood when the neighborhood was your discipline. Now you all are scared in the house with your curtains closed, hoping someone else will handle the problem.

That's our problem as a society, its on everyone else. No one wants to take responsibility, and everyone has the answer in their mind. Don't talk about, be about. It does take a village, it is not up to one person. for you older folks, remember your childhood when the neighborhood was your discipline. Now you all are scared in the house with your curtains closed, hoping someone else will handle the problem.

If the parents would have taken responsibility, would this be a problem in the first place? It's my responsibility to take care of my family and do my best to keep them out of harms way. I think it would be foolish of them to not cancel the game if they have the information they claim to have.

By the way, "hoping someone else handles the problem" applies to when there are dishes in the sink and you leave them there for someone else to do. I'd hardly call not wanting to be shot "not taking responsibility" or running away from the problem.

Im sorry but this is rediculous!!! This isnt NYC, Philly, or Compton...this is Nashville TENNESSEE!!! People need to get control of these kids or everything will get ruined for everyone and maybe permantly for some very innocent people. I new Antioch was bad but is hunters lane that bad also? or worse?

I think it is you that needs to get your facts straight. Antioch High School has yet to have any criminal incidents. The shootings were at Hunterslane and McGavock and conciderning the fact that all of the incidents are involving events that Hunterlane is participating in, I would think that a person that thinks they know enough to comment on everything would be intelligent enough to but two and two together before they get online making post with in accurate information.

Well said.

Let's get some things straight!

First, the incident at McGavock, during Thanksgiving, where a Hunters Lane basketball manager was shot DID NOT involve anyone from any school!! She, along with many other people were standing outside, after the game, waiting on their rides to pick them up. She was standing at the wrong place at the wrong time!! It could have been anyone hit with bullets from any school or fan standing there. She was purely in the wrong place at the wrong time. Idiots, not affiliated with either school were involved in the shooting.

The cacnellation of the game was because people in the different communities unable to solve their problems. It DID NOT involve players or students from Hunters Lane, Antioch, or any school. It is people OUTSIDE in the community and they chose to 'settle things' at the ballgame. However, unfortunately, the good kids are the ones suffering.

In2football, you are exactly right about the parent's responsibility to raise their kids right. Unfortunately, many kids don't have people at home that care about them. Therefore, they migrate to people who they feel will take care of them. In cards, you can only play with the hand you are delt. With schools, you can only teach the kids you have and do the best you can. There are great kids in all schools however there are also kids who don't care and cause trouble. Until the whole society stops looking the other way, ignoring things, it will continue to get worse. Holding people accountable for their actions is the only way to help solve the problem!