Region 4-5A 2008

bdog11

What kind of talent does Riverdale have coming back for next year.......honestly

tdntn you can probably provide some good info to but coach d "our old coach d" told us that some of the back up lineman from this year where about as big as some of you guys. He also said something about a new qb? Maybe he was justing tootin riverdale's horn but maybe you can tell me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ringowrm11 is the best end on our team and he proved it this year with about 15 sacks on a state championship team. I want him in front of me on defense any day just thought i would add that. Two State Championships in a row and you the Riverdale man is going to put us fourth, that is no respect. Maybe we should do it again next year as well Three peat

hey, maybe he is. I have never met him personally so I can't argue that. I was just stating that he talks like a scrub sometimes. Most good players let their play speak for them. I have no beef with the guy whatsoever.

I will say that McChurch is probably the toughest QB I have ever seen. That includes the ones I have played with and the ones I have coached.

It is plain to see that the region will be hotly contested once again.

I wonder who gets to knock off Riverdale next year? They now know for sure that they won't be walking all over WC or Smyrna anymore. Who else can join the party?

hey, maybe he is. I have never met him personally so I can't argue that. I was just stating that he talks like a scrub sometimes. Most good players let their play speak for them. I have no beef with the guy whatsoever.

I will say that McChurch is probably the toughest QB I have ever seen. That includes the ones I have played with and the ones I have coached.

I wonder who gets to knock off Riverdale next year? They now know for sure that they won't be walking all over WC or Smyrna anymore. Who else can join the party?

Who will be Blackmans qb next year? Will there be any coaching changes over there if this year doesn't go good?

Right now, you have to go with Smyrna at winning the region .

Smyrna

Wilson Central

Riverdale

Siegel

Lavergne

Blackman- Higher if there is a coaching change

Oakland

Lebanon

OHS has several starters returning....Sam Bass, Deion Wade, Derek Barrett, Precious Valentine, Austin Murray, Anthony Amey, Brandon Messick ( I hope). More but I am not thinking straight right now.

Whats with the coaches?..is there some problems at Blackman? They have gotten increasingly better..

2005-(0-10) prolly the worst team i have ever seen..lol

2006-(2-8) better

2007-(4-6) beating 4 playoff teams..they still cant beat the ones they should though

2008-? The undefeated freshman group will now be juniors..does this matter?

Right now, you have to go with Smyrna at winning the region .

Smyrna

Wilson Central

Riverdale

Siegel

Lebanon

Oakland

Lebanon

OHS has several starters returning....Sam Bass, Deion Wade, Derek Barrett, Precious Valentine, Austin Murray, Anthony Amey, Brandon Messick ( I hope). More but I am not thinking straight right now.

This might be the best one yet, although Lebanon can only field one team! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My personal opinion is this, as someone said in an earlier post, the region is up for grabs in 2008. I believe Riverdale and Smyrna still have enough players on the field to hang out near the top. Although, I am very anxious to see how "good" Smyrna really is without the services of Sonny Gray.

What kind of beef does Riverdale have to replace their guys up front?

I see a lot of parity in the region in 2008!

McChurch is a great QB, especially running the ball. I believe one of the overall best athletes in the region. ....Is he going anywhere to the next level.

why is it so "rediculous" that i put smyrna at #4 and behind lavergne? if not for a missed field goal smyrna WOULD have finished #4 and possibly behind lavergne, definately behind lebanon (maybe putting them at #5 and missing the playoffs), but i cant remember their region records and how the tie breakers would have worked out.

This might be the best one yet, although Lebanon can only field one team! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My personal opinion is this, as someone said in an earlier post, the region is up for grabs in 2008. I believe Riverdale and Smyrna still have enough players on the field to hang out near the top. Although, I am very anxious to see how "good" Smyrna really is without the services of Sonny Gray.

What kind of beef does Riverdale have to replace their guys up front?

I see a lot of parity in the region in 2008!

Blackman is going to come in dead last as usual, but Oakland could surprise some people and come slide in fourth, if what 2p is saying then they do have some talent coming back.

why is it so "rediculous" that i put smyrna at #4 and behind lavergne? if not for a missed field goal smyrna WOULD have finished #4 and possibly behind lavergne, definately behind lebanon (maybe putting them at #5 and missing the playoffs), but i cant remember their region records and how the tie breakers would have worked out.

It really is a testament to how good the region was this year. Smyrna won the state but was really only a few breaks away from missing the playoffs. There were a couple of good teams from this region not in the playoffs this year. At the end of the year, I would say that Blackman and Siegel were both good teams that just couldn't get over the hump. Winning in this region is a pretty darn big hump.

I haven't started working on next year but have looked at Riverdale and Smyrna. Both of those teams return enough talent that they will be in the hunt. Both have some big, big questions to answer on offense but should be pretty darn tough on defense. Whichever one answers those offensive questions the best probably wins the region.

My other two playoff teams: Oakland and Blackman

McChurch is a great QB, especially running the ball. I believe one of the overall best athletes in the region. ....Is he going anywhere to the next level.

I think his top 3 are Air Force, Tennessee Tech, and Carson Newman. He will be playing safety tomorrow morning in the Tennessee All Star game. He is a hard hitter, and has plenty of speed to keep the plays in front of him. He ran a 4.6 40 in the preseason, which isn't bad for a safety.