Region 4-5A 2008

bdog11

I love all that optomism surrounding LaVergne, but this is the third straight large senior class they graduate...with tons of guys who will play in college starting next year.

If they can find some more big OL kids who can block, Crocker will put up some big numbers again passing.

Most of the defense graduates, so "will they be able to stop anybody?" will be a big question also.

If they have a good year next fall with all they lose talent-wise, Hester gets coach of the year...maybe coach of the decade. I hope he pulls it off. My optomism is cautious optomism.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why didnt you include the inadvertant whistle? had it not been for that we would have had an extra 4 points (cause we still made a field goal that drive) and wouldnt have needed a game winning TD drive. not to mention the absolute BS pass interference called on #6 Joey Lee when smyrna was going for it on 4th and 15...that call also led to a smyrna TD.

you can tell the right team won when we beat you AND the refs

trust me if you couldnt beat riverdale with the kind of game wilks had against us, you never would have

Guys...it is what it is. Smyrna is the 5A State Champions. Congratulations to the Bulldogs and their staff.

Guys...it is what it is. Smyrna is the 5A State Champions. Congratulations to the Bulldogs and their staff.

And RIVERDALE is STILL Region Champions! Let me know when Smyrna finally catches up with R'dale's GOLD Ball count. Last time I looked we still have FOUR! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And RIVERDALE is STILL Region Champions! Let me know when Smyrna finally catches up with R'dale's GOLD Ball count. Last time I looked we still have FOUR! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

AND SMYRNA IS STILL STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!WHEN DID YOU ALL WIN TWO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW? NEVER! YOU MIGHT HAVE FOUR GOLD BALLS BUT WE GOT BACK TO BACK GOLD BALLS. WAS IT COLD IN THE STANDS?

OH I am sure when that occurs someone will probaly make a note of it /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

interseting to look at

riverdale

2004 champs

2005 lost in 4th round

2006 lost in 3rd round

2007 lost in 2nd round

2008??

riverdale 4 championships in 9 tries

smyrna 2 cahamionships in 2 tries

trust me on this smyrna will be good next year especially on defense

Trying to get back on topic...

What starters does Smyrna have coming back. They have both DT's and the the two freshmen. Think they have a couple DBs as well. Who else?

As for the other subject. I'll admit it. I would much rather have the gold balls.

Defense

Drew Garner Soph and Doem Meadows Fresh at Linebacker

Cory Cammon Jun and Andrew Jenkins Soph at SS

Cody Hagar Jun at FS

Tyler Eady Jun Dakota Woods Jun and Wesley Cadena Jun at DT

Nick Richardson Jun and Anthonk Smith Jun at DE

Offense

Tyler Eady on the Oline and not sure who else will be there but they have talent

Cody Hagar also at WR

Jeremiah Bryson Fresh and Kece Flemings Fresh isnt to bad either, he could play anywhere he is an athlete. Jarvis also at a bruiser back

Either Freeman or Woodard at QB

So we have a great defense coming back but the offense will have questions losing the Sonny to Rod connection and Martin, Hendricks and Torres also at WR (all seniors).

wow...what an interesting topic...i am not sure any of us know for sure...but here is my two cents

smyrna will win the region out right...they have athletes coming back and athletes in the pipe line...they will reload...maybe not three peat...but will reload and finish 8-2 or 9-1 with a region championship for sure...especially if coach shad stays...if he leaves...just the change it self may threaten their region title for 2008...but my bets would still be on them

wilson central will battle it out with blackman for 2nd place in the region...both have athletes......wilson central has turned the corner and blackman needs to turn the corner this coming year...must turn the corner...both teams will finish 7-3 or 8-2

after this it is up for grabs...siegel, oakland, riverdale will battle for this 4th spot...sounds like oakland has a new great coach...but it will take time in region 4-5A to change the culture and bring that change into wins...this is not moore county and the all stars he had at riverdale are not at oakland...siegel has good athletes in the pipe line...their middle school teams and freshman teams have been very, very solid the last couple of years...they must do something to score more points on offense

riverdale may only win 5 or 6 games at the most...this will be hard for riverdale fans to swallow...too much talent gone...not much coming...last three years of freshman(overall) have been terrible...horrible...christiana middle ain't the place to get your athletes...best o line in the state=is gone...if they don't throw the ball more...they will win less than 5 or 6 games...this is reality for the next few years if not longer for riverdale...they will not win the region for at least 3 years...talk of state championships will not even be able to be discussed...will not be an option...this is reality...

lavergn and lebanon will fight it out for last place...

OH I am sure when that occurs someone will probaly make a note of it /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

interseting to look at

riverdale

2004 champs

2005 lost in 4th round

2006 lost in 3rd round

2007 lost in 2nd round

2008??

riverdale 4 championships in 9 tries

smyrna 2 cahamionships in 2 tries

trust me on this smyrna will be good next year especially on defense

good, great, yall won, tight. good point, now im forced to make a counterpoint of course...compare the records

smyrnas State Championship Opponents

2007 - Independance (11-4)

2006 - Ravenwood (10-5)

Riverdales State Championship Opponents

2004 - Frankinlin (13-2)

2003 - Germantown (14-1)

2002 - Brentwood (14-1)

2001 - Hendersonville (13-2)

2000 - Red Bank (15-0)

1997 - Munford (13-2)

1995 - Brentwood Academy (15-0)

1994 - Germantown (?-?)

1993 - Lincoln County (?-?)

out of those 7 Riverdale opponents i was able to find records for, they have a combined 8 losses. out of the 2 smyrna opponents, they have a combined 9 losses.

i have to stop typing because i cant type and give myself a pat on the back at the same time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i guess we agree to disagree...colts were far from the best team in the NFL last year, they won it, against a less than formidable opponent, much like smyrna. i have always heard to be the best, you gotta beat the best...independance was far from that.

great job on capturing the gold ball, you have bragging rights to the rest of the state, other than lebanon, brentwood academy, and of course riverdale.

tdntn...love your passion for the warriors...but you don't live in reality...way to biased and it actually gets funny to read your post...

colts far from the best in nfl last year... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ask the other 31 teams what they think of that...

smyrna...not the best the last two years... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> they are no doubt the best...no doubt...they are two years in a row STATE CHAMPIONS 5A...go to tssaa website and take a look...somebody has to hold you accountable to the things you write...you hate smyrna so much it blinds you to truth and reality...here is a suggestion: "good job smyrna...you won it all and riverdale did not...look forward to going at it again next year"...now that is a response of reality and you would get alot of respect from others on the T

good, great, yall won, tight. good point, now im forced to make a counterpoint of course...compare the records

smyrnas State Championship Opponents

2007 - Independance (11-4)

2006 - Ravenwood (10-5)

Riverdales State Championship Opponents

2004 - Frankinlin (13-2)

2003 - Germantown (14-1)

2002 - Brentwood (14-1)

2001 - Hendersonville (13-2)

2000 - Red Bank (15-0)

1997 - Munford (13-2)

1995 - Brentwood Academy (15-0)

1994 - Germantown (?-?)

1993 - Lincoln County (?-?)

once again...you do a nice job of research...but symrna can't help what the record was of their opponents...just as riverdale could not...both teams just played by the rule of tssaa and the brackets they were given...the point that was trying to be made was...riverdale is year by year not doing as good as the year before and what will next year be like?...hey...it is OKAY if riverdale does not win it every year...life will go on for you...relax and give some kudo's to the bulldogs...they have earned it even if they are your rival...out of those 7 Riverdale opponents i was able to find records for, they have a combined 8 losses. out of the 2 smyrna opponents, they have a combined 9 losses.i have to stop typing because i cant type and give myself a pat on the back at the same time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

tdntn...love your passion for the warriors...but you don't live in reality...way to biased and it actually gets funny to read your post...

colts far from the best in nfl last year... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ask the other 31 teams what they think of that...

smyrna...not the best the last two years... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> they are no doubt the best...no doubt...they are two years in a row STATE CHAMPIONS 5A...go to tssaa website and take a look...somebody has to hold you accountable to the things you write...you hate smyrna so much it blinds you to truth and reality...here is a suggestion: "good job smyrna...you won it all and riverdale did not...look forward to going at it again next year"...now that is a response of reality and you would get alot of respect from others on the T

your right, i have no love for smyrna, but its not about riverdale. our state champion in 2006 got beat 49-0 in a game, what kind of statement does that make for 5A football?

i know you said you are new to the area and all, its different for you. im used to seeing undefeated teams, 1 loss teams like that square off for the state title. this year we saw 3 loss independance (now 4 loss) versus 3 loss smyrna...wow what a slobberknocker right? haha

yeah its just an opinion, like i told him, agree to disagree /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />