Lebanon vs. Warren Co.

sportsfan12

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very good 73-40 Lebanon and a very classless act on Doug Keil's part keeping his starters in while Warren Co. was playing their subs.

Doug Keil is as classy a coach as there is in the midstate. When did Warren County take their starters out? How long did Lebanon leave their starters in before they subbed? Sounds like a sore loser to me. 8 straight turnovers to start the second half against Lebanon's press. Great halftime adjustments by Coach Smith. I bet you wish Coach Keil was still at Warren County. You can bet he would know how many time outs he has at the end of the game. Classless.....get a clue.

Doug Keil is as classy a coach as there is in the midstate. When did Warren County take their starters out? How long did Lebanon leave their starters in before they subbed? Sounds like a sore loser to me. 8 straight turnovers to start the second half against Lebanon's press. Great halftime adjustments by Coach Smith. I bet you wish Coach Keil was still at Warren County. You can bet he would know how many time outs he has at the end of the game. Classless.....get a clue.

That's exactly right! Coach Smith is awful! Gave up before half time.

WC subs constantly. No one stays in long enough to get hot or a feel for the game or each other. I know Keil won several games while @ WC. I'm not sure what they're trying to do with WC Basketball. Most of the good basketball players at the high school are playing Jaycee and Church league. I heard the freshmen have already lost more games than they did all 3 years @ the middle school.

I knew someone had hijacked Phoenix. My apologies. It is up to the opponent to stop the better team, if they can't and a coach calls off the dogs or changes his style, it could carry over to the next game. You know better than this. Don't bring personal feelings about current and/or former coaches into this.

Nitro, if you think there are better players playing "JC or church league" come on man. This is the usual small town attitude. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!! Civic center all-stars don't equal high school players. We've had plenty of people showing off at the CC and can't find the basket or don't realize how to play team ball for the high school. Just because they are expected to show some fundamentals and team ball.

Enough soap box, quit blaming the talent level. We have some athletes, some ball players, if everyone would quit telling them how great they are and start expecting them to work, maybe they would win A district game. Come on guys, work hard and results will follow.

WC subs constantly. No one stays in long enough to get hot or a feel for the game or each other. I know Keil won several games while @ WC. I'm not sure what they're trying to do with WC Basketball. Most of the good basketball players at the high school are playing Jaycee and Church league. I heard the freshmen have already lost more games than they did all 3 years @ the middle school.

I would venture to say that your freshmen didn't play any Murfreesboro schools in middle school. Level of competition would attribute to the losses. 7 AAA is a tough league. I thought Warren County was getting better until I saw the score from Friday night. Definitely a big step in the wrong direction.

I apologize for the post that was done, I don't know how my account was breeched but I was out of town all weekend and had no access to a computer. Most of you know I put more detail in my post's than that I will delete what was said. I have respect for coach Keil and Lebanon and everyone in District 7AAA I apologize if any one was offended of a post which was clearly not my thoughts.

OMG, Doug Keil classless!?!?!? I have to admit, Phoenix, you just lost some of my respect for you. I really am surprised to see this on your post. Did someone hijack your account? It is up to the opponent to stop the better team, if they can't and a coach calls off the dogs or changes his style, it could carry over to the next game. You know better than this. Don't bring personal feelings about current and/or former coaches into this.

Nitro, if you think there are better players playing "JC or church league" come on man. This is the usual small town attitude. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!! Civic center all-stars don't equal high school players. We've had plenty of people showing off at the CC and can't find the basket or don't realize how to play team ball for the high school. Just because they are expected to show some fundamentals and team ball.

Enough soap box, quit blaming the talent level. We have some athletes, some ball players, if everyone would quit telling them how great they are and start expecting them to work, maybe they would win A district game. Come on guys, work hard and results will follow.

I agree with you about the civic center they are not the same. If they were that good don't you think they would be on the team. I know it is all about well my mom and dad don't make that much money so that is why I am not on the team, but it truly comes down with talent. If you don't have it just realize it and try something else that you can excel at.

I am not saying that that there is better players at the JC and Church league. I agree with you about the players at the Civic Center and other leagues. Playing at the Civic Center does seemed to make players develop bad habits. What I'm meant to say is there are players who were skilled and played on the school team who are quitting and playing in those leagues because they love basketball. Why? I don't think it's all because they don't want to work hard and doubt most of them was told how good they were. I'd say in some of the cases that is true. Once a kid makes the team they should not quit at anytime during the season and honor that committment. I have seen several varsity games this year and a couple freshmen games and I know WC had the better talent, were leading at halftime and they both seem to out hustle their opponents, but they lost. Why? Phoenix, you still have my respect, but I believe it is up to the other team to stop the opponents from scoring. Keil does have class and is a winner.

I am not saying that that there is better players at the JC and Church league. I agree with you about the players at the Civic Center and other leagues. Playing at the Civic Center does seemed to make players develop bad habits. What I'm meant to say is there are players who were skilled and played on the school team who are quitting and playing in those leagues because they love basketball. Why? I don't think it's all because they don't want to work hard and doubt most of them was told how good they were. I'd say in some of the cases that is true. Once a kid makes the team they should not quit at anytime during the season and honor that committment. I have seen several varsity games this year and a couple freshmen games and I know WC had the better talent, were leading at halftime and they both seem to out hustle their opponents, but they lost. Why? Phoenix, you still have my respect, but I believe it is up to the other team to stop the opponents from scoring. Keil does have class and is a winner.

Thank you for accepting my apology I should do a better job of logging out when I leave a computer, and I have found the culprit. I understand now where you are coming from. I do think that there is a lack of commitment with some of the players I see some of them that play hard when they want to. I get so upset when I see that. I think that the players just need to go out and play hard and not worry about weather they win or lose. (Even though it is about wins and loses.) I think that they put alot of pressure on themselves because they haven't won a district game in a couple of years and I think they beat themselves because of it. I know that it is easier said than done, and all we can ask for is for them to work hard.

Thank you for accepting my apology I should do a better job of logging out when I leave a computer, and I have found the culprit. I understand now where you are coming from. I do think that there is a lack of commitment with some of the players I see some of them that play hard when they want to. I get so upset when I see that. I think that the players just need to go out and play hard and not worry about weather they win or lose. (Even though it is about wins and loses.) I think that they put alot of pressure on themselves because they haven't won a district game in a couple of years and I think they beat themselves because of it. I know that it is easier said than done, and all we can ask for is for them to work hard.

I don't think it is lack of talent or commitment, but when you have a coach that has 22 to 24 players on a team and makes as many substitutions as he does and the fact the the boys team hasn't won a district game in 3 years which, by the way, is how long the Smith's have been the coach I really think we need to look at coaching ability or should I say the lack of.

I don't think it is lack of talent or commitment, but when you have a coach that has 22 to 24 players on a team and makes as many substitutions as he does and the fact the the boys team hasn't won a district game in 3 years which, by the way, is how long the Smith's have been the coach I really think we need to look at coaching ability or should I say the lack of.

Substitutions have their time and place. Just subbing for the heck of it or trying to keep players and parents happy is wrong. A starting spot should be earned and the players who don't start should keep working hard and should get playing time when a good lead is at hand. Sure give a player a breather or take a player out when they are in foul trouble, continue to make bad decisions etc. I don't know what the philosphy is with these guys. They seem to have their heart into it, but winning is important no matter what anybody says. I know you can't win them all, but they should be doing alot better than they are. WC sports seems to be spiraling downhill. Football seems to be improving a little. Do coaches get evaluated every year? Does the AD or Principal talk to the players that quit to see why? Do the coaches get to explain their side when a player quits? Who or what will it take to get WC sports back to winning consistanly? Academics is important, but so is sports. Academics carry us farther in life than sports, but sports teach us alot of life lessons and helps mold character and great memories. Alot of people claim that there isn't alot of talent in WC, I have lived in Nashville, Murfreesboro, Memphis and McMinnville and I can tell you that there are plenty of good atheletes here. Also there is alot of support too.