Grace Christian and Hampton

DCBoysfan

This has to be one of the best games I have seen in many years tonite as Grace and Hampton battled it out for 4 quarters plus one OT at the Climate Controllers Tournament at Unaka. Congrats to my Rams as they got the hard fought win tonite. Hampton has a great team and #54 for the bulldogs is the real deal. The kid just don't miss no matter how much the pressure. Once again, great job Rams.

www.graceramsbasketball.com

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#54 Justin Bentley is a very good player. I felt he should have gotten the ball in crunch time. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Grace didn't have an answer for him (just like the Dawgs didn't have an answer for #52). but Bentley didn't get a chance. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

#54 Justin Bentley is a very good player. I felt he should have gotten the ball in crunch time. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Grace didn't have an answer for him (just like the Dawgs didn't have an answer for #52). but Bentley didn't get a chance. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Yea, I don't think Bentley ever really came close to getting the ball in ot, did he?

This has to be one of the best games I have seen in many years tonite as Grace and Hampton battled it out for 4 quarters plus one OT at the Climate Controllers Tournament at Unaka. Congrats to my Rams as they got the hard fought win tonite. Hampton has a great team and #54 for the bulldogs is the real deal. The kid just don't miss no matter how much the pressure. Once again, great job Rams.

www.graceramsbasketball.com

Congrats Grace Christian! You guys have one heck of a team. You move the basketball extremely well, play as a team, and have several that can flat out shoot the rock. We just couldn't find #11 and #52 in the fourth. Gave them way too many open looks, however, Grace did a great job of moving the ball to get them open. Also, Grace's fast break is where you guys get many baskets. I would like to see Hampton fast break like you guys. Hopefully, we might see another matchup in the future. Good luck to Grace the rest of the season. A classy team that plays smart and hard. Hampton keep working hard in practice and use this game as a positive in what you need to work on. You played with great effort. Keep it up!

This was a great game to watch. Hampton controlled the game the the entire night, then let it slip away late. I feel shot selection and impatience played huge roles in Hampton losing the game. Bentley inside should have been the first option in OT, as Grace had no answer for him all night. However, as Grace totally destroyed Cloudland the night before, I was very happy with how Hampton handled the pressure that Grace applied. Grace has to have the fastest team I've seen on the ball court in years. Hampton's freshmen looked very good again, only a few mistakes here and there, but against a team like that, they get magnified. I'm glad this is an early season game, I feel that Hampton will learn from it and look ahead to possibly meeting this team again. I think Hampton will make a LOT of noise this season.

I knew this would be a great game before I even walked in the gym. Hampton is just as good as I thought, and Grace was better than I thought they'd be. I was impressed by the Rams no doubt. 11, 20, and 52 are players. I was also impressed with and really liked their coach.... Hampton played great for like 28 minutes. Bentley played great.. Lunceford made some costley mistakes in OT that cost Hampton the game. And Vador, your right, they should have tried to channel the ball to Bentley in OT but they didnt. Another thing: It seemed like Grace out rebounded Hampton by alot. I don't know the stats and I might be wrong, but it just seemed that way to me.... And I don't really expect these two teams to meet again. I think the only chance would be the championship game, cause Grace and Hampton are the best teams in their respective regions....

And I also expect another great game this week when Johnson County comes to Hampton.

Another thing: It seemed like Grace out rebounded Hampton by alot. I don't know the stats and I might be wrong, but it just seemed that way to me....

I agree. Grace won the battle of the boards. They had 3 players that were bigger than Hampton's biggest. Wannamaker might have even set a state record for offensive rebounds in one game... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree. Grace won the battle of the boards. They had 3 players that were bigger than Hampton's biggest. Wannamaker might have even set a state record for offensive rebounds in one game... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No doubt Wannamaker is a pure athlete. And to me it seemed that they got most of the rebounds, both offensive and defensive, not just because they were taller, but becuase it seemed like they ALWAYS had inside possesion.

Glad to see Grace played up to my expectations. We played them in camp this summer and you are right- they are very fast. Not just individual speed but their "ball" speed. They play fast but when they have the ball- they don't seem to lose a step. Rebound well for thier size, Coach Lamb does a great job teaching the fundamentals of the game.

Who is the head coach at Hampton now? I left Tennessee 2 years ago and you had just changed coaches then. Is it still the same guy? Short, young looking? Can't for teh life of me remember his name.