Kingston

Volz4ever

Plemons at best a average player, I wonder how many games you saw him play, a 3 year starter on some Kingston teams that went to the sub state and state the whole time he was in high school he was a very good basketball player that went on to Roane State to play. Funny how people get on here and hide behind a screen and say this and that about people especially when the person writing this probably didn't even play sports or was a little league all star who never got playing time in high school, last time I checked you gotta have horses to run a race, not to many of those playing for Kingston right now, if you got something to get off your chest you can find Pankey and Plemons at the gym everyday around 4:30.

I saw him play in enough games, and FYI Roane State basketball isn't exactly the big time. I'm also pretty sure the State team was baseball and Substate team was Football if I'm not mistaken. I also started on a State baseball team and State football team in Kingston, and that doesn't make make me a good coach in either of those sports either. I realize that Kingston basketball has never been a state, let alone a county powerhouse, but they should have at least won 1 game by now. Take the team to a middle school tourney (kidding) or something, get those boys a win! And just so you know, there have also been a lot of longshots win at a horse racing. They probably had a good Jockey though. I hope the boys get a win soon. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this sophomore class is that loaded, why not let them get the majority of the minutes?

They are Kelly, Phillips start. And Crowe and Eason come in shortly after they will be better in the future. The class of 2010 could win state in 4 sports Football, Basketball, Baseball, Golf they have them all covered

I saw him play in enough games, and FYI Roane State basketball isn't exactly the big time. I'm also pretty sure the State team was baseball and Substate team was Football if I'm not mistaken. I also started on a State baseball team and State football team in Kingston, and that doesn't make make me a good coach in either of those sports either. I realize that Kingston basketball has never been a state, let alone a county powerhouse, but they should have at least won 1 game by now. Take the team to a middle school tourney (kidding) or something, get those boys a win! And just so you know, there have also been a lot of longshots win at a horse racing. They probably had a good Jockey though. I hope the boys get a win soon. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Never said Roane State was big time, never said he was a great player, but you have to be above average to play there, 1992 Kingston went to the substate in Basketball and in 1991 they went to the State, Football went to the state semi finals in 1993, he played on all those teams. Figured you would have remembered that, being that you watched your share of Kingston B-ball, you say you played on a state baseball and football team that means you was in school around '98.

This team is young and not very talented, every team they have played has been better than them. Never said you had to be good player to be a good coach, but it's easy to sit in the stands and say do this or do that and question the coach, these boys work hard and play hard but they are just not very good, and I hope they get a win soon.

In 2000 and 2001 Kingston was by far the best team in the county when it comes to basketball. And for blackhawkdown golf might not be emphazied at a lot of schools but kingston won it 2 years in a row. They were a power house for 4 years. Give them some credit.

I graduated from RCHS in 1973 and I remember some very good teams during that era. They lost a close state championship game to Chattanooga Riverside during Austin Clark's tenure. Anyone remember that?

Currently I live in Dallas, TX and have not kept up with the Jackets in recent years. What happened and why is basketball (and girls team as well) in such disarray?

when did he play at RCHS? i was thinking around 94-95. is that right bone? Harriman was the team to beat in the county then, won basketball state and runner-up football. i dont remember plemons being a standout. he may have been, but i dont recall.

Coach Plemons graduated in 94 so he didn't even play against the Harriman team that won the state in Basketball or the Football team that was runner up. I do believe that it is hard to say that Harriman was the team to beat in the County they had one pretty good year in sports and you say that makes them the team to beat. I will give them that year in basketball but Football come on, Kingston hasn't lost to Harriman since 1992. As far as this topic goes you can't blame Coach Plemons for what is going on this season in Basketball, he works hard to put his players in the right situation to win ball games but they are lacking a few things, such as basketball players. James Sams is a great athlete but come on he is not a basketball player(he can't handle the ball and doesn't shoot very well outside 6 feet), they do not have a true point guard, absolutely no post players and no shooters, in order to win with that talent you better play some awesome defense. I just feel that Kingston sports are hurting right now and it shouldn't be blamed on the coach, if you want to put some blame look at the parents they think their kids are the best to ever play. I will promise you this much there may be one player that could make any of the teams that Coach Plemons started for in high school. Take away Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, Kobie Bryant and Shaq and then tell me how many Championships Phil Jackson has.