Kingston

Volz4ever

My only question would be, are they fundamental? That is a direct effect of coaching. My understanding is that while they are undertalented, they also are limited fundamentally.

That's why I asked the feeder system question. It's hard for a high school coach in his limited time to work with the kids strictly on fundamentals. You'd like to think they are being taught the proper basics in elementary and middle school. If you're having to take valuable practice time to work on the basics, you're hurting for time to put your systems into place along with conditioning etc. The players do some things well but aren't able to sustain it. They are no less fundamentally sound than Scott or CAK. Fundamentals are built in the off season. Do many of these kids play football and baseball? It's not always about depth either. For a long time Catholic has basically played 5-6 players per game. We've probably played more guys this year than the past 3 combined.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your example of Austin Clark and Mike Snow is not a very good one. Austin Clark started at UT and Mike Snow played for the university of TN Chattanooga, do u know when the last time a player from Kingston went D-1, if you recall let me know. Those teams in the 60's and 70's had so much talent, Kingston was good in every sport, Kids are different, teachers are different and the community is different. Plemons works hard at coaching he is just in his second year, this team has 1 senior and 2 juniors. Since you have so much experience you need to come and watch this team play and judge for yourself, better yet come up and put an application in, maybe with your experience they would be undefeated.

Austin Clark, Mike Snow, Eugene Martin, Bobby Brooksbank.....brings up fond memories...........I don't think Austin Clark started very many games at UTK. Matter of fact, he got the Most Spirited trophy or something like that after his senior year. For some reason, it was that of a horse. Big picture in the Roane County News....Clark with his trophy. Trophy was turned so that the "south" end of the horse was showing.....anyone else remember that pic? Something subliminal going on?????