Region 3-3A 2008 Favorites & Why

OldBallCoach88

Everyone knows how the game is called in EngleWood and you are right they did run the ball the entire second half. But that was the longest half you could imagine considering when you run the ball the clock doesnt stop

come on t-mac! get over that loss! your howard team that you talked up all last year choked! they blew a two touchdown lead! I don't know what you are talking about the refs for...howard is the one that let central run the ball down howards throat...not the refs....and why are you always giving all the credit in the world to the players when they win, but when howard loses then it goes on the refs? you saying the players play perfect every game, it is just that the two games they lost was because of the officiating? that is ridiculous. bottom line is central was a better football team that night...if howard was the better team then they would have won.

right now you have to say central should repeat as region champs....they lose only a few players, but very key players...i'm sure there is someone ready to step in and fill those holes though....i would say the top four teams this past year will probably be the same next year...maybe swap ND in there somewhere...but the bottom of the region probably won't change, but you never know! GO CHARGERS

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows how the game is called in EngleWood and you are right they did run the ball the entire second half. But that was the longest half you could imagine considering when you run the ball the clock doesnt stop

T-Mac, if you will go back to the game stats, you will see that the flag tossing was pretty equal on both sides. The Chargers got very physical during the second half, just like the Polk game. I had a friend who was behind the Howard bench during the fourth quarter and he told me there were a lot of Tigers sucking wind and on the ground being attended to with their injuries. Face it, Central didn't lay down in the second half like in the past years, they just got stronger. There is a new day in Charger Land!

I'am looking forward to the 08 season. I don't think there will be a dominate team, but several evenly matched teams. Like last season look for alot of real close ballgames. I do however think that this region is starting to get a little better compared to the other 3A regions around us. But we still have along ways to go if we want to compete with them come playoff time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'am looking forward to the 08 season. I don't think there will be a dominate team, but several evenly matched teams. Like last season look for alot of real close ballgames. I do however think that this region is starting to get a little better compared to the other 3A regions around us. But we still have along ways to go if we want to compete with them come playoff time.

Speaking of playoffs, with nine starters returning on offense and nine starters returning on defense and maybe only 4 kids playing both ways, what are Sequoyahs chances getting back to the playoffs this season? These kids from top to bottom will have experience and they certainly have the desire and they will be a powerful team. Our ground game numbers will be off the chart, teams will put seven and eight in the box but I dont think that can stop us. Just wondering your thoughts on Sequoyah and yeah I know nobody else will put much thought in this, everyone else in this region stil calls us the "chumps" but anyway. GO CHIEFS!!!

Speaking of playoffs, with nine starters returning on offense and nine starters returning on defense and maybe only 4 kids playing both ways, what are Sequoyahs chances getting back to the playoffs this season? These kids from top to bottom will have experience and they certainly have the desire and they will be a powerful team. Our ground game numbers will be off the chart, teams will put seven and eight in the box but I dont think that can stop us. Just wondering your thoughts on Sequoyah and yeah I know nobody else will put much thought in this, everyone else in this region stil calls us the "chumps" but anyway. GO CHIEFS!!!

Both Howard and Central return a ton of players, especially skill players, they should be a lock for two of the playoff spots. Sequoyah has to compete with Polk, Meigs, and N. D. for the last two spots. Polk lost a lot this year BUT their young players are pretty tallented. Meigs also lost some key players but always seem to put players on the field that will fight you for 48 minutes. Don't know what N. D. will return, but here you have one of the best coaches in the Region. It will be interesting in 2008!!

Speaking of playoffs, with nine starters returning on offense and nine starters returning on defense and maybe only 4 kids playing both ways, what are Sequoyahs chances getting back to the playoffs this season?

I'd say that if you can get by with 13 guys on the field at once, your chances of making it to the play-offs are pretty good. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'd say that if you can get by with 13 guys on the field at once, your chances of making it to the play-offs are pretty good. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes it worked for Central last year. 11 players and 2 ref's all working as 1 unit /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes it worked for Central last year. 11 players and 2 ref's all working as 1 unit /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't get to comfy. We've been recruiting hard, and we should have 4 good refs this year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thats funny, and everyone down that way wonders why they cant get nobody to like them.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, everybody in this region knows Central has the officials in their hip-pocket. Of course no one would ever accept the fact that the Chargers would ever BEAT anyone fair and square. I am one Charger fan who is tired of the implication that the officials have anything to do with our championship run. The reason we are region champions is our players who are by the way better than your players.

Yea, everybody in this region knows Central has the officials in their hip-pocket. Of course no one would ever accept the fact that the Chargers would ever BEAT anyone fair and square. I am one Charger fan who is tired of the implication that the officials have anything to do with our championship run. The reason we are region champions is our players who are by the way better than your players.

Hey Warhorse, whats your thoughts on Central making a run at a repeat in '08? Who's your top four this up and coming season?

Good One!!! Actually we were probably penalized more than anyone with rediculous calls. The Zebras definitely kept Meigs in the game and no matter how much T-Mac whines, we had 1 more penalty than Howard!! This is an area that will be worked on this year!!