Region 3-3A 2008 Favorites & Why

OldBallCoach88

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITS GONNA BE A CENTRAL REPEAT. WALKER AND WATSON IN THE BACKFIELD. WISHBONE. ENOUGH SAID.

Im sure your right, all the teams you play will probably just step aside and lets these guys run..... NOT! I think this year will be very exciting, with a lot of youg players. Every team has an equal chance and I think you may be surprised.

Im sure your right, all the teams you play will probably just step aside and lets these guys run..... NOT! I think this year will be very exciting, with a lot of youg players. Every team has an equal chance and I think you may be surprised.

Sorry Smokey, gotta agree with Pridepounder, every team in this region really does have a equal chance, except maybe Tellico (they lost alot but never had a alot). I'll even take this opportunity to stake a claim for a playoff spot for the Chiefs (formerly known as the Chumps). GO CHIEFS!!!

Sorry Smokey, gotta agree with Pridepounder, every team in this region really does have a equal chance, except maybe Tellico (they lost alot but never had a alot). I'll even take this opportunity to stake a claim for a playoff spot for the Chiefs (formerly known as the Chumps). GO CHIEFS!!!

If Jordan Jackson can pull some kind of David Copperfield act and magically appear under center for the Chargers it will be a Central repeat with a last game showdown against Howard to settle it all. If he doesnt play, Central will beat Oliver Springs and Tellico and will have to hope for the best against everybody else. Now, I know,I know, Central is loaded at all positions and has good depth across the board. That is true,BUT, the one postion and one kid they could not afford to lose was Jackson. Take away his running ability and his arm strength and everbody else on offense is not as dangerous because the defense does not have to worry about the qb position as a threat. As far as the rest of the region, I will never bet against Polk. Rough and tough "country boys" with a very good coaching staff. Howard has atheletes ALL OVER the field but depth is their biggest problem. Meigs has Rayl and Shoot but unless a Freshman or Sophomore steps up thats about it. Plus throw in a new coach with a new system. Sequoyah reminds me of Central 2 years ago. Very young but talented. If they get that first big win, watch out. East Ridge and Notre Dame are no push overs by any means. Grundy County will be playing with a lot of emotion due to the fallen coach and will be hard to deal with. Tellico, well, God bless Tellico.

If Jordan Jackson can pull some kind of David Copperfield act and magically appear under center for the Chargers it will be a Central repeat with a last game showdown against Howard to settle it all. If he doesnt play, Central will beat Oliver Springs and Tellico and will have to hope for the best against everybody else. Now, I know,I know, Central is loaded at all positions and has good depth across the board. That is true,BUT, the one postion and one kid they could not afford to lose was Jackson. Take away his running ability and his arm strength and everbody else on offense is not as dangerous because the defense does not have to worry about the qb position as a threat. As far as the rest of the region, I will never bet against Polk. Rough and tough "country boys" with a very good coaching staff. Howard has atheletes ALL OVER the field but depth is their biggest problem. Meigs has Rayl and Shoot but unless a Freshman or Sophomore steps up thats about it. Plus throw in a new coach with a new system. Sequoyah reminds me of Central 2 years ago. Very young but talented. If they get that first big win, watch out. East Ridge and Notre Dame are no push overs by any means. Grundy County will be playing with a lot of emotion due to the fallen coach and will be hard to deal with. Tellico, well, God bless Tellico.

Another Charger fan of little faith. The big improvement for the boys in blue is going to be on defense. As good of front 7 that has ever played. With Boggess, Stiles, Watson and Ragland, the defense is going to be vastly improved. Harrison and Moss will lock down the corners. Brady Guy is going to surprise. Got 2 guys ready to play the Will LB. The Chargers will still have plenty of firepower on offense, too. Best OL (DEEP) since 98. Simpson is back with speed to burn. It will be different if Jackson does not suit up, but not any different from him being injured.