Region 3-3A 2008 Favorites & Why

OldBallCoach88

im not the one to say thats okay ..i was just saying earlier someone said he wasn't working out or going to go through summer conditioning...i was just stating that he is working out and going through conditioning and he will this summer....now does that make it right NO...but in my opinion if a kid don't want to workout thats only hurting him...not many high school kids can WORKOUT ON THEIR OWN...i have seen central play many of times and they don't have many ath's that look that good....im willing to bet those kids don't do anymore working out than they are made.....lets get real how many of centrals kids go workout on their own...I MEAN DO A REAL WORKOUT...

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not the one to say thats okay ..i was just saying earlier someone said he wasn't working out or going to go through summer conditioning...i was just stating that he is working out and going through conditioning and he will this summer....now does that make it right NO...but in my opinion if a kid don't want to workout thats only hurting him...not many high school kids can WORKOUT ON THEIR OWN...i have seen central play many of times and they don't have many ath's that look that good....im willing to bet those kids don't do anymore working out than they are made.....lets get real how many of centrals kids go workout on their own...I MEAN DO A REAL WORKOUT...

Central Athletes don't look that good??? They won first place in their region in football. Second place in district and region in men's basketball, first place in district and region and two state births in womens basketball in the last three years. Baseball won first last year, and finished first in the east division this year. What about these numbers don't look good??? You know, when folks are saying "Get a Clue", they are giving you a directive, not a nickname.

Will a team from this region win a playoff game this November???? They are 0-for-8 over the course of the last two years and 1-for-12 in the first round against Region 4-3A teams the last three years combined.

I agree, this is probally one of the weakest regions in the state over the past few years. You would think sooner or later things may change. From what I know there seems to be coaching changes with a third of these teams, every year. East Ridge, Meigs and Grundy will have new coaches this season, Sequoyah and Meigs the year before, and the list can go on and on. I'm guessing the biggest reason for all the coaching changes is money/coaching supplements are very low, some of the lowest in the state. Everytime a good coach jumps up another region snatches him up. There doesnt really seem to be any tradition in this region either and that is big to keep the kids coming out. Things hopefully will be looking up for region 3 3A this season.

Central Athletes don't look that good??? They won first place in their region in football. Second place in district and region in men's basketball, first place in district and region and two state births in womens basketball in the last three years. Baseball won first last year, and finished first in the east division this year. What about these numbers don't look good??? You know, when folks are saying "Get a Clue", they are giving you a directive, not a nickname.

thug, i'm not talking about their resume or how good they are...i think central has the best sports program in the area in their class...i am talking about how they look Physically. the point is those kids just started working out a year ago... and i was just saying that not many people at central will go work out on their own...as someone said earlier

Central does have some great athletes, but in my opinion, the only thing that brings Central down and its only been in the last couple of years is the "thug-attitude", I would also be curious to see how Central athletes stack up academically in the region. Ther has been some classy people to come from Central but seems here lately, because of some "bad apples", most people are worried about even coming to the high school for a event, simply because of recent fights and drive by's. I for one, am looking forward to Jackson, Moss and company being on the field, because its great competition, but at the same time I understand everyones arguments against kids who want second and third chances.

the GPA's of centrals football team was above 3.0 as a team that was in the paper the day of the football awards banquet. So if football is above 3.0 i'm sure everyone else is...i am willing to bet their grades stack up with the best in the region.

Central does have some great athletes, but in my opinion, the only thing that brings Central down and its only been in the last couple of years is the "thug-attitude", I would also be curious to see how Central athletes stack up academically in the region. Ther has been some classy people to come from Central but seems here lately, because of some "bad apples", most people are worried about even coming to the high school for a event, simply because of recent fights and drive by's. I for one, am looking forward to Jackson, Moss and company being on the field, because its great competition, but at the same time I understand everyones arguments against kids who want second and third chances.

Never ceases to amaze me about opinions!! What drive bys? And fights? Same kids played basketball that have been referred to on the football team and people sure didn't shy away from the Basketball games! No one draws more people to basketball than Central, also all season the football crowds were bigger than any other school with Polk close on attendance. Pleeeeese finally get over the rumor mill gossip!! Read in the DPA yesterday about an outsiders view of Central and how well behaved the students are there, get the real facts instead of inuendo. And by the way, the team GPA was 3.17 in football!!

Never ceases to amaze me about opinions!! What drive bys? And fights? Same kids played basketball that have been referred to on the football team and people sure didn't shy away from the Basketball games! No one draws more people to basketball than Central, also all season the football crowds were bigger than any other school with Polk close on attendance. Pleeeeese finally get over the rumor mill gossip!! Read in the DPA yesterday about an outsiders view of Central and how well behaved the students are there, get the real facts instead of inuendo. And by the way, the team GPA was 3.17 in football!!

Thats great! I'm glad to hear things are changing for the good. And when I talk about "bad apples" in no way am I just referring to Central, I know all schools got'em, and I'm sure some things I hear are blown up. 3.17, wow thats good for a football team, outstanding! Keep up the good work.

Thats great! I'm glad to hear things are changing for the good. And when I talk about "bad apples" in no way am I just referring to Central, I know all schools got'em, and I'm sure some things I hear are blown up. 3.17, wow thats good for a football team, outstanding! Keep up the good work.

Well, Mr. B, I believe they are letting you have it.../smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />...Go Chargers!!!

Central only lost 7 seniors off the football team this year. One is a Salutatorian, another has a 3.98 GPA. at least 2 more I know of have above a 3.5. The other 3 are good kids also, 6 were starters. I just don't see the thugs I guess?