Region 3-3A 2008 Favorites & Why

OldBallCoach88

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not going to win state. May not even get out of the region. The normal powerhouses will be reloaded like Howard, Polk, Meigs, and Notre Dame. Chargers will be lucky to finish 4th if that! Not very talented and do not seem to have a great offensive and defensive line. Only lost 6 players from last year's team, but everyone seems to think that they will not be able repeat last year's amazing feat. As many of you have noted Coach Derrick and his staff aren't that great of coaches, they just had a really talented team of thugs. Time will only tell the full story of how the season plays out. Howard, returns a star-studded line-up and should be the hands on favorite to win the region with all that talent and huge line returning. Polk is always physically tough and well coached "darkhorse" region winner. Meigs lost Mobriant and Meadows, but should still have a great amount of talent with Rayl, Neely, Shoot and company. Plus, Meigs is always physically tough and well coached, and with Eller returning the transition will be smooth. Notre Dame always seems to find athletes and Wiggins and his staff will have them ready to return to the pack. Sequoyah may be the most under-rated team of the upcoming season. According to Sequoyah faithful they will be in the running for the title. They made great strides last year under a new coach and the system will only continue to get better every year. This group may be the real sleeper of the bunch. East Ridge could also jump into the top four with their new coach Mike Martin and his system, however, it may take a year to get the system running smoothly. Grundy, according to paper and Coach Swafford, said it could be a rebuilding year, but never count out a team that resides on the mountain. Tellico will have to make great strides, but as it has been stated on this board, "hardwork overcomes talent if talent doesn't work." So the defending champs probably will not be able to compete week in and week out like they did last year. Too many off-season issues, and like everyone states the Chargers are mentally and physicall tough enough to get through it. Good Luck to everyone in the region!

The chargers are going deep this year. Maybe not all the way to the boro but at least third or fouth round in the playoffs. Spring practice started monday and it was a great first day for the chargers. The intensity carried over to tuesday and wenesday both. The other teams in the region better watch out...

Probably not going to win state. May not even get out of the region. The normal powerhouses will be reloaded like Howard, Polk, Meigs, and Notre Dame. Chargers will be lucky to finish 4th if that! Not very talented and do not seem to have a great offensive and defensive line. Only lost 6 players from last year's team, but everyone seems to think that they will not be able repeat last year's amazing feat. As many of you have noted Coach Derrick and his staff aren't that great of coaches, they just had a really talented team of thugs. Time will only tell the full story of how the season plays out. Howard, returns a star-studded line-up and should be the hands on favorite to win the region with all that talent and huge line returning. Polk is always physically tough and well coached "darkhorse" region winner. Meigs lost Mobriant and Meadows, but should still have a great amount of talent with Rayl, Neely, Shoot and company. Plus, Meigs is always physically tough and well coached, and with Eller returning the transition will be smooth. Notre Dame always seems to find athletes and Wiggins and his staff will have them ready to return to the pack. Sequoyah may be the most under-rated team of the upcoming season. According to Sequoyah faithful they will be in the running for the title. They made great strides last year under a new coach and the system will only continue to get better every year. This group may be the real sleeper of the bunch. East Ridge could also jump into the top four with their new coach Mike Martin and his system, however, it may take a year to get the system running smoothly. Grundy, according to paper and Coach Swafford, said it could be a rebuilding year, but never count out a team that resides on the mountain. Tellico will have to make great strides, but as it has been stated on this board, "hardwork overcomes talent if talent doesn't work." So the defending champs probably will not be able to compete week in and week out like they did last year. Too many off-season issues, and like everyone states the Chargers are mentally and physicall tough enough to get through it. Good Luck to everyone in the region!

Gotta agree (with some of the things stated), after Howard, it is a dogfight to the the end, every week will be important, games will be followed by everyone in the region, playoff teams may not be settled until the final week of play. Nobody seems to be talking about Notre Dame, this team was young last year and they got a good staff, I'm sticking to the theory that Meigs will not be there this year, it will be tough to put the season on the shoulders of a QB. Polk County, simply a great program, they never have the size to match up, but always win. "Sleeper", thats a good word for Sequoyah, we will know more on this team in about six days. Tellico is a couple of years away still. Grundy is another unknown, coming off a emotional year. Central, jury still out, the word is that they might be scrimmaging Alcoa and McMinn County (two tough scrimmages) so we will know more about them later. East Ridge will be in a transition year ( but so was Meigs last year and they did well) so go figure. Hope this region has more sucess in the playoffs.

Gotta agree (with some of the things stated), after Howard, it is a dogfight to the the end, every week will be important, games will be followed by everyone in the region, playoff teams may not be settled until the final week of play. Nobody seems to be talking about Notre Dame, this team was young last year and they got a good staff, I'm sticking to the theory that Meigs will not be there this year, it will be tough to put the season on the shoulders of a QB. Polk County, simply a great program, they never have the size to match up, but always win. "Sleeper", thats a good word for Sequoyah, we will know more on this team in about six days. Tellico is a couple of years away still. Grundy is another unknown, coming off a emotional year. Central, jury still out, the word is that they might be scrimmaging Alcoa and McMinn County (two tough scrimmages) so we will know more about them later. East Ridge will be in a transition year ( but so was Meigs last year and they did well) so go figure. Hope this region has more sucess in the playoffs.

The chargers are scrimaging alcoa (who have won 4 strainght state titles) and mcminn county...they also have defending state champs south pitt.....

The chargers are scrimaging alcoa (who have won 4 strainght state titles) and mcminn county...they also have defending state champs south pitt.....

I could box Mike tyson and Pee Wee herman, but If I lose to both of them, does that make me better than everyone else in the region? good luck with those scrimmages.

I could box Mike tyson and Pee Wee herman, but If I lose to both of them, does that make me better than everyone else in the region? good luck with those scrimmages.

I believe that Central is trying to see were they measure up. If you play weaker teams and dominate the kids may get to over confident. Central is not even in the same league as Alcoa or McMinn but playing better competition can only make them better. They play Alcoa and McMinn in the spring, and South Pittsburg in the fall. They only have 2 spring scrimmages.

Well Folks I know its early but we got time to kill. Heres my list and I dont know much about some, so jump in and lets talk about it, convince me why I'm right or wrong (it does happen).

1. McMinn Central - They gotta couple of holes to fill but they should return a solid core of players.

2. Polk County - You just always count on tradition with those folks.

3. Notre Dame - Too much tallent to stay down for long.

4. (Tie)

Howard - Athletes are still there, but also have some hiles to fill.

Sequoyah - This team has potential, returns alot of starters on both sides of the ball.

6. (Tie)

East Ridge - If rumors about the coach is true, there may be a learning curve there.

Meigs County - Big questions on offense, can they make the answer.

8. Grundy County - I hope this team suprises me, and wish you good luck next season.

9. Tellico Plains - Alot of youngsters got to play last year and gained good experience, just lacking skilled position.

this is bull crap how are you going to say meigs is going to finish at the bottom of the polls?

They have alot of players coming back. They had Rowland..a freshman starting WR that played all year..another freshman that had to come out and play the first 3 games due to injury... as well as other freshman that got alot of experience coming in and out playing well..They got alot of young players that are going to have to play..sure they are losing skilled players in mobriant and meadows but they have kids that can step up and play the position..Rayl is coming back and their seniors this year in Hurst, Bunch and Neely are looking forward to a region championship year this year..but you know wat ever you guys thinkabout meigs keep it to yourself cause i really dont wanna hear it...

this is bull crap how are you going to say meigs is going to finish at the bottom of the polls?

They have alot of players coming back. They had Rowland..a freshman starting WR that played all year..another freshman that had to come out and play the first 3 games due to injury... as well as other freshman that got alot of experience coming in and out playing well..They got alot of young players that are going to have to play..sure they are losing skilled players in mobriant and meadows but they have kids that can step up and play the position..Rayl is coming back and their seniors this year in Hurst, Bunch and Neely are looking forward to a region championship year this year..but you know wat ever you guys thinkabout meigs keep it to yourself cause i really dont wanna hear it...

Just get used to Meigs being at the bottom because thats where they're going stay. Now that the Chargers have regained the top spot that's where they're gonna stay !

Just get used to Meigs being at the bottom because thats where they're going stay. Now that the Chargers have regained the top spot that's where they're gonna stay !

meigs is always competitive with anybody they play and in recent years MEIGS has owned the chargers. i dont recall meigs ever being at the bottom that spot has been occupied by the chargers for many years. since you all have had your winning season its time for you all to start losing again for another ten years.

Cocky

Embarrasing

Nobody

Terrible

Ridiculous

Annoying

LOSERS