Bill Price leaves Coffee County

pedo_29

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Coy also has a ring that he earned as a player. The players really respect him and the parents that I talked to when Oakland played yall really seemed to be high on Coy. Seems to me to continue what Price started you should look no further than Coy as the new head coach. That brings continuity to the program and doesn't leave the kids in limbo. PLUS...they already know his schemes and that is a huge asset.

Five years ago when Coach Price arrived in Coffee Co. the program was in shambles. Prior to Coach Price??™s arrival, the team rarely won a game and most games were not even close. Coach Price turned the program around.

Now five years down the road we are in a different situation. Are things so bad that we need to turnover the entire coaching staff, change uniforms and get a different mascot? I don??™t think so. We have something good started here. I said started not going.

Coach Sisk has been here for five years. After Coach Nunley left, he took over as defensive coordinator. Coach Sisk has been a loyal soldier to Coach Price. He never publicly complained about things even though he was put in a tough spot a time or two by some decisions made on the other side of the ball.

Apparently Coach Sisk is thought of enough in other places that he is a sought after commodity. It also appears that if he were to get the head coaching job here that he could and would keep most of the coaching staff intact. Perhaps even a former assistant might return.

If Coach Sisk does not get the head coaching job here, I can??™t imagine that he would stay at Coffee Co. I also can??™t imagine that some current assistants would not follow him if he left. I don??™t know any of that; it is pure conjecture.

There may be highly experienced head coaches that have a great track record that may apply for the job. If so, they should be thoroughly investigated and the best man for the job hired. However, I think we should be wary of someone just passing through. If we hire someone from another program and they are successful here then they probably won??™t stay long.

This past season the school administration did a really good job of alienating many fans, supporters, contributors and volunteers. Some left before the last game even started and of those that stayed, more than one said that they would not be back.

That same administration will eventually decide the future direction of Coffee Co. football by selecting a coach.

We can just hope that they have learned from their mistakes and make a wise decision.

not a bad thought...he played with a lot of heart

How many games did you see him play in. I myself don't remember any since he just played BASEBALL in highschool. Nothing agianst Pip, I grew up with him, but it is easy to coach DB's at Smyrna and win a ring. It is another thing to be a head coach at Coffee county and win anything. THe athletes are completely different, but Sisk has been here for the past five years and knows how to get the job done. Personally I will be very disapointed if anyone gets this job other than Sisk.