Bill Price leaves Coffee County

pedo_29

I hope the respect that Coffee County has now toward the football program continues no matter who the coach is. One thing that Coach Price did that Breeden couldnt do year in and year out was get the athletes out of the hall ways and onto the football field. Breedens heart seemed like it always leaned towards softball. There is no doubt where Prices' heart was. He wanted to succeed. He wanted his players to succeed and he wanted the community of Manchester to be proud of their players. Whoever the next coach is needs to be someone who is well respected by the players and will get everything out of them. Coach Price again did a great job of this. His players played hard for him and for each other. If the next coach can get the Athletes to play and get them to play hard then it doesnt matter to me who the coach is. The results will be successfull. I believe Coach Sisk can get this done, but I also believe the players at Coffee County will respect whoever the new coach is. The Administration shouldnt rush to an easy hire. They should make this hire a top priority because the level of football at Coffee County and the fan support is at a high that I cant remember seeing in my lifetime. However that momentum can all go away in one year with the wrong hire. Get the athletes out of the hallways...get them to play hard for each other, and Coffee County will continue to compete for the region.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

How many games did you see him play in. I myself don't remember any since he just played BASEBALL in highschool. Nothing agianst Pip, I grew up with him, but it is easy to coach DB's at Smyrna and win a ring. It is another thing to be a head coach at Coffee county and win anything. THe athletes are completely different, but Sisk has been here for the past five years and knows how to get the job done. Personally I will be very disapointed if anyone gets this job other than Sisk.

i think you should hire him /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You're right Sisk should get the job. I believe in second chances,DDA, so let's give the administration another chance to do the right thing. Even Duvall; I can't believe I'm saying this, deserves a second chance. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I heard that Chris Elam would think about the job as well. I know he was a heck of a player at CC but he also has a championship ring on his hand from college. Dunno what kinda coach he'd be, but I've known the Elam family for many years. I respect him. I also respect Coach Sisk. I watched him during the games and he does show alot of intensity and heart towards the game and the players. As everyone has said, I hope the administration makes the right choice.

Coach Price, good luck at Signal Mtn, and thank you for 5 of the best years of CC football!

Is Price leaving CC after Christmas or will he be around til May? I am sure they will want him to help in the hiring process.

He will finish out the school year. His youngest daughter graduates in May and Signal Mountain doesn't open its doors until August. Eddie Gravette, principal at Signal Mountain, mentioned they will be having spring practice so I'm sure Price will take a couple of weeks off for that.

I heard that Chris Elam would think about the job as well. I know he was a heck of a player at CC but he also has a championship ring on his hand from college. Dunno what kinda coach he'd be, but I've known the Elam family for many years. I respect him. I also respect Coach Sisk. I watched him during the games and he does show alot of intensity and heart towards the game and the players. As everyone has said, I hope the administration makes the right choice.

Coach Price, good luck at Signal Mtn, and thank you for 5 of the best years of CC football!

Elam does not have a teaching degree which means he can not teach and acording to the TSSAA you must have 5 years as a volunteer coach to take over a program as the head coach. Chris only has one year of experiance at the middle school level. He has never coached at the high school level and as we all know playing and coaching are two totaly different animals. He is not ready for that kind of responsibility, no matter what kind of god people in coffee county think he is. He was a great player don't get me wrong I played with him and have been a good friend of his familys, but he would not do well at coffee county, or any other high school as the head coach right now.

Elam does not have a teaching degree which means he can not teach and acording to the TSSAA you must have 5 years as a volunteer coach to take over a program as the head coach. Chris only has one year of experiance at the middle school level. He has never coached at the high school level and as we all know playing and coaching are two totaly different animals. He is not ready for that kind of responsibility, no matter what kind of god people in coffee county think he is. He was a great player don't get me wrong I played with him and have been a good friend of his familys, but he would not do well at coffee county, or any other high school as the head coach right now.

[/quote

Someone is trying to start something here, Chris Elam is a good young man and i promise you he does not want to be head coach!!! Let the system do there thing and everything will be ok.