Tim Thompson leaves Fayette-Ware for Ridgeway., Former Melrose leader

Galilee

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks the face of football will be changed with this hire.Tim is 1 of the best coaches in Tennessee.Memphis high school football will return to be a force with his coming.He just has a wealth of knowledge and his ability to get into a young man's head, is on it's own level.Welcome back from your exile Tim Thompson.How many NFL players has he developed? Maybe 7? Lookout Memphis he's baaaaaaaaaaaaack

Nobody can question the football coaching ability of Tim Thompson. The man is great. The question has been about his personal integrity. What is different now than when he was forced out at Melrose?

What integrity???? If you want a hired gun, he is the man.......if you want "trouble".....he is the man. Sometimes winning is more important to some people than things like integrity. One thing is for sure.....he always has some "hot-dogging" by players every where he has been. Also, isn't this the same guy who was responsible for the TSSAA sideline rule being implemented?

lol and the same man that was suspended from coaching for a year or two...?

Sounds like a whole lot of self-righteous folks writing on this tread.Or maybe some coaches and or parents who have lost in the past to this bad man. No matter how much good this man has done all that can be said is(crucify him,crucify him). This is still America.He has paid for his past.Why live in it?

Sounds like a whole lot of self-righteous folks writing on this tread.Or maybe some coaches and or parents who have lost in the past to this bad man. No matter how much good this man has done all that can be said is(crucify him,crucify him). This is still America.He has paid for his past.Why live in it?

Are you Coach Thompson??? Character and integrity has never been his strong points. I challenge any of his supporters who can deny this. He has a history of very poor sportsmanship and flaunts the rules of TSSAA in everyone's face. Class????..no....

I am not self righteous by any means but this guy wants to win....at any cost????....maybe.... go back and look at his behavior on film during the Melrose clinic bowl years and you can still see the same guy,.....did I hear anything resembling repentance from this circus type coach. Going back to theMemphs area will help his won/loss record.....and the permissive laid back nature of the school system will allow him the "FREEDOM" to do "WHATEVER".

I met one of his former player's mother in Somerville. (One of his player's mom from his days at Melrose who happens to work in Somerville.) She had nothing but great things to say about Coach Thompson. She spoke about how much the kids loved him and so forth. I know he did a heck of a job at Fayette-Ware. I personally hope he does well at Ridgeway and gets a college job if he wants one. His attitude and character remind me of Trooper Taylor, for some reason.

Good Luck Coach T and we will miss you in Region 6.

Are you Coach Thompson??? Character and integrity has never been his strong points. I challenge any of his supporters who can deny this. He has a history of very poor sportsmanship and flaunts the rules of TSSAA in everyone's face. Class????..no....

I am not self righteous by any means but this guy wants to win....at any cost????....maybe.... go back and look at his behavior on film during the Melrose clinic bowl years and you can still see the same guy,.....did I hear anything resembling repentance from this circus type coach. Going back to theMemphs area will help his won/loss record.....and the permissive laid back nature of the school system will allow him the "FREEDOM" to do "WHATEVER".

No i'm not Thompson. You and your ax grinding. You like his jilted ex-lover,are you?Then let it go sweetheart.How many years ago was he at Melrose....and what has he done since he's been at Fayette-Ware?His fruits of labor speak for themselves.You probably are 1 of those who hates Barry Bonds ,but thinks Roger Clemens is christ himself.Be objective not just let some built-up hatred drive your head.Let the man redeem himself.Because there is only 1 judge...remember?And it ain't you..........

No i'm not Thompson. You and your ax grinding. You like his jilted ex-lover,are you?Then let it go sweetheart.How many years ago was he at Melrose....and what has he done since he's been at Fayette-Ware?His fruits of labor speak for themselves.You probably are 1 of those who hates Barry Bonds ,but thinks Roger Clemens is christ himself.Be objective not just let some built-up hatred drive your head.Let the man redeem himself.Because there is only 1 judge...remember?And it ain't you..........

That Bonds/Clemens remark is out of line. Let the man redeem himself???? How about some humbleness.

He's getting out of Fayette Ware because they aren't going anywhere in a weak region.

Just telling it like it is...."chosen one"....isn't that a little arrogant?????