Tim Thompson leaves Fayette-Ware for Ridgeway., Former Melrose leader

Galilee

No doubt this will help kick-start the inner-city renewal of football in Memphis now too.

There's a lot of stuff I don't like about the guy, but he knows how to coach and how to get his players to play.

Sorry if you don't know much about Memphis.But Ridgeway is in an affleunt neighborhood.Mixed racially.He really ahs paid his dues.Maybe he is over the top.But his results speak for themselves.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Bonds/Clemens remark is out of line. Let the man redeem himself???? How about some humbleness.

He's getting out of Fayette Ware because they aren't going anywhere in a weak region.

Just telling it like it is...."chosen one"....isn't that a little arrogant?????

What's arrogant your idealogy?Now who's acting like he's Tim Thompson.Do you know his inner most thoughts?You have no idea how much good he's done and refuse to open up and try to understand any of that.But reading your post it seems as though your just not happy for some other reason's other than your'e stating.Why not open up and be truthful about why your'e the MORAL judge of all that Tim Thompson has done?...... And what might be your stance on Bonds and Clemens?

What's arrogant your idealogy?Now who's acting like he's Tim Thompson.Do you know his inner most thoughts?You have no idea how much good he's done and refuse to open up and try to understand any of that.But reading your post it seems as though your just not happy for some other reason's other than your'e stating.Why not open up and be truthful about why your'e the MORAL judge of all that Tim Thompson has done?...... And what might be your stance on Bonds and Clemens?

He is not a good example for high school sports.......I don't care where he lives or coaches.

He is not a good example for high school sports.......I don't care where he lives or coaches.

whiner of the year goes tooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........................................bullfrog! get over it ! i hope his team plays your little boys,whips em and dances in the end-zone! isn't that just terrible?you need a bottle and bib!

whiner of the year goes tooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........................................bullfrog! get over it ! i hope his team plays your little boys,whips em and dances in the end-zone! isn't that just terrible?you need a bottle and bib!

By the way, clean out your own self righteous closet then come back.JUDGE

Merry Christmas ....chosen one......"Judge not lest ye be judged:" ...."He who throws the first stone"....you need to be reading some yourself.

I dd not make any of these "Thompson" things up and you know it. Why can't you defend those....you can't!!

I hope he is put under the microscope and held accountable....not as a loose cannon. I saw film on his

"last" victory over Cheatham.....a bunch of hotdogs and he was goading them on......maybe...just maybe those who are about to hire him may take a closer look. By the way, you wasting your breath calling me names...just makes you look bad so you might as well forget it....besides it looks like I am getting the best of you when you stoop to that level. Have a Happy Holiday!!!

Like him or hate him ... the man is BACK in his element ... the inner city of Memphis. Especially after what Joe Lee Dunn did to the Ridgeway program ... Tim Thompson couldn't have walked into a more perfect situation. In region 7 in class 5A ... MAN! ...It freaking boggles the mind. I got the same feeling now, reading this news as I did when I found out that Randy Moss was going to New England ... my reaction then, as is now is ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME! The amount of talent at Ridgeway is incredible. I guess I will be going to some Ridgeway games in the future. This hire come in time for him to work with the team in the spring.

He's getting out of Fayette Ware because they aren't going anywhere in a weak region.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe, but going from head coach at Fayette-Ware to Ridgeway is the Memphis area equivalent of going from head coach at Page to Brentwood or Fanklin. He knows he got a chance to win every year and probably got a recent raise while doing it.

I will say this, his 96 Melrose team was probably the best high school football team I have ever seen in person.

I will be interested to see if everyone at Ridgeway will be on board with his demeanor though. That will be interesting. If it clicks, watch out.